You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @RangeRooney. :)

There’s no direct Affinity equivalent to the ‘Quick Grill’ QuickShape in DrawPlus, but you can easily create an array of evenly-spaced rectangles with the help of the ‘Power Duplicate’ feature.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi RangeRooney :)

Affinity Designer has an Arrow Tool as part of the Quickshapes flyout panel, it also has nodes for you to adjust the layout of the arrow shape.
"Arrow head line styles" are on the Affinity Designer feature roadmap!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi, RangeRooney,

Consider what you can do by working w. the stroke pressure setting. The stroke can be saved as a style, and applied to other work as needed.

PressureArrow.jpg.c047ab4991892ae40c80f5e9462fc01b.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

5 hours ago, gdenby said:

Consider what you can do by working w. the stroke pressure setting. The stroke can be saved as a style, and applied to other work as needed.

That works well for relatively short lines but it doesn't scale well for long ones because it becomes very difficult to get the nodes in the pressure window close enough to the ends to prevent creating distended arrowheads & tails.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

That works well for relatively short lines but it doesn't scale well for long ones because it becomes very difficult to get the nodes in the pressure window close enough to the ends to prevent creating distended arrowheads & tails.

Yes. Its a work around. I haven't needed an arrow that was very long in most cases. Lacking a built in arrow, I wish the pressure graph was larger, and had more node control.

When I've tried for longer  arrow lines, I've broken the stroke so there is an arrow end style, a middle, and a tail style. A bit of fuss that I'd be happy to do without.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

6 minutes ago, gdenby said:

Yes. Its a work around. I haven't needed an arrow that was very long in most cases. Lacking a built in arrow, I wish the pressure graph was larger, and had more node control.

When I've tried for longer  arrow lines, I've broken the stroke so there is an arrow end style, a middle, and a tail style. A bit of fuss that I'd be happy to do without.

Me too, on all counts. :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, gdenby said:

I wish the pressure graph was larger, and had more node control.

+1 from me.

It should pop out as its own window / panel (as the Effects do if you want to see all the parameters).

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro