You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Letter V is for Vector (AD)

VectorVonDoom

Cripes! If this is what you can produce when you're bored, then I'm all for seeing what you produce when you're interested.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

6 minutes ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Thanks. You could do that now as SVG fonts are starting to be supported, so you can can have colour, gradients etc. Would be quite fun but would need some planning to give them a consistent look. 

A quick go at colouring it.

Nice. It takes a lot of consideration because they would need sufficient contrast if the color version was printed to a b/w device. 

There also would need to be a bit simplified version in the lower ascii slots not using color so there would be a fallback. 

QXP supports all color font formats through the output stage. They would make for some beautiful drop caps, both in print and as an html5 publication.

16 hours ago, retrograde said:

I like the uncoloured version myself.

4 minutes ago, VectorVonDoom said:

I probably do too.

Me three. :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

More fine work. Admired the curled paper style "A" a few days ago. But I'm all for cheap thrills. Like the color. But what happens if the indigo in the 1st iteration turns into a dot dapple?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thanks, it's fun trying new stuff but I do need to have a look around at other works including engravings and improve as it's a bit crude and doesn't flow well enough. I'm not sure how it would look, I assume that's stippling? I'll try tomorrow if I have the time, another thing I've not done before (but that's one of a very, very long list).

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 2 months later...