You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I just started using the Affinity Photo on trial, the loading of raw file is slow and when I make adjustments the application some time freezes all inputs (keyboard & mouse) for a few seconds.

Is there anything that I should be paying attention, below are some details of my setup?

Affinity Photo Windows version 1.6.4 - Trial version

Windows 10 Pro updated to latest windows updates

i7, 16BG RAM, SSD, Nvdia GXT 1050i 4GB RAM

Fuji X-Trans III raw file from X-T2

No other changes made to the affinity installation, all are default settings

• Staff

Hi FT_SG,

Welcome to the Forums :) 

Please could you go to Edit > Preferences and under performance try changing the renderer drop down to the other options to see if they improve performance?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Only 2 option in renderer drop down, 1 is my graphic card the other is warp...no difference at all

i turned off all action in develop assistance....no noise reduction, no tone curve..still not any faster...

is there anything I did wrong or some other settings?

7 hours ago, FT_SG said:

Only 2 option in renderer drop down, 1 is my graphic card the other is warp...no difference at all

i turned off all action in develop assistance....no noise reduction, no tone curve..still not any faster...

is there anything I did wrong or some other settings?

I know this doesn't help much, but your computer spec is almost identical to mine, I just have Photo 1.6.4 retail version

I didn't change any settings at all, and everything runs fine. So I doubt it has anything to do with settings.

I can only think something, is interfering with Affinity, somewhere.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

21 hours ago, toltec said:

I know this doesn't help much, but your computer spec is almost identical to mine, I just have Photo 1.6.4 retail version

I didn't change any settings at all, and everything runs fine. So I doubt it has anything to do with settings.

I can only think something, is interfering with Affinity, somewhere.

Oh I see, thanks.

are you shooting with Fuji by the way? X trans raw files are known to be more difficult to handle. However other program seems ok...I am trying out affinity and on1 now using trial version...on1 is much faster

16 minutes ago, FT_SG said:

Oh I see, thanks.

are you shooting with Fuji by the way? X trans raw files are known to be more difficult to handle. However other program seems ok...I am trying out affinity and on1 now using trial version...on1 is much faster

No, that may be it. I just didn't want you to waste time playing around with settings unnecessarily, thinking something was wrong. I have tried that in the distant past, only to end up with the default settings.

Have you tried different RAW files to see if they are OK ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.