You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Affinity Photo trial 1.6.4.104.   Edit In Windows 7, Wacom Intuos Pro 4, XL.

The problem: Specially with custom brushes, the outline ends up covering the area you are painting, when using medium or big size brushes (common for many painters, illustrators, even comic colorists, and 2D/3D texturing artists). Even the basic brush, round  brush shape and outline (a brush which indeed is enough for high quality digital painting, with proper settings by the user, and expertise), is very productive to be able to disable it at options (due to some motion blur effect, and just for an outline's nature, it is too distracting). You can disable this in most applications (of course, I do not expect A. Photo to be like any other application. But is a common ground that this is more than desirable, as an optional setting ) and leave instead the existing crosshair, or even add options (not needed) as small cursor, big dot, triangle cursor, etc.

Proposed solution : Quite some artists just completely disable the outline in other applications, and choose instead some sort of cursor (our current nice crosshair). We already have a good and efficient crosshair cursor. It is not too small and not too big, and visible enough, which is very important, too. So, just being able to disable the outline, in preferences, (completely fine if it would be not a default setting), it would perfectly do it.

( Together with the issue/feature request with the color selector-magnifier which I just posted, is the other thing that is actually stopping me from purchasing A.Photo (got Designer long ago) and actually probably moving all of my workflows, in each and every field, to Affinity Photo. I have been able to sort any other obstacle with this trial, already. )

Edit : It seems there was at least one other request about this, previous to mine. There are some differences, but there is important info about the matter that might help developers, in both threads, so, I am linking it here, as well, as could be useful for them, once arrived the moment :)   :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/52572-preferences-add option-to-removehide-brush-outline/

Edited by SrPx
Seems there was an already existing request about this, so I am linking it back to it, too, as there is complementary info.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hide brush outline please said:

how is it that still isnt fixed?

Maybe because things take their time?

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 weeks later...