metroidmen

[Fixed] iOS 12 Developer Beta makes performance in Affinity Photo unusable.

Hi, I updated to the iOS 12 beta when it was released as I use it to develop apps. I also use Affinity Photo, is it possible for you to upload the working version on TestFlight? I sent an email asking to be added to the TestFlight group and would really like to get this working again. Thanks.

My experience with AP +  iPad Pro 10,5" running iOS 12 beta 3. 

* As of now it's impossible to use the refine selection tool. Incredibly slow + most of the time inputs aren't registered at all (finger and Apple Pencil).

* The same with the eraser-tool. 

* Switching between layers can take up to 45 seconds.

* Watching the tutorial videos can sometimes make the application stop working, and you'll return to iOS homescreen. No way to pause or skip during the video as well.

It's quite strange, because so many other applications works quite well in iOS12 beta. Hope you figure this out before the release of the GM :) My favorite application for iPad Pro by far!

Summary: Don't install iOS 12 beta if you plan to use Affinity Photo. Wait for the Golden Master or an update from Affinity Photo.

Best regards,
Henrik

10 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi guys,

It looks like we've got a fix for this issue and it should be making its way to the App Store at some point. Thanks for everyone's feedback and support :) 

Hi, I requested to be added to the TestFlight beta group a while back but haven’t heard anything yet. Are you still adding people? I would love to try the new build for iOS 12, thanks.

39 minutes ago, NyanBlade said:

Hi, I requested to be added to the TestFlight beta group a while back but haven’t heard anything yet. Are you still adding people? I would love to try the new build for iOS 12, thanks.

I don't think we are adding people at the moment, but the iOS 12 fix may make a difference, please email in again explaining that you are on iOS12 and the developer in charge of the list may add you in, sorry I don't know for sure.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

13 minutes ago, metroidmen said:

Update is live in the App Store and so far seems to fix the issue! Only tested briefly but I will report if there are any issues!

which iPad are you on? 12.9 or 10.5? Is there any difference between the ios for that 2 version?

I just updated to Affinity Photo 1.6.8 on my iPad 12.9 Gen 1 running iOS 12 beta 3. Affinity Photo now runs smoothly after update.

No problems with Designer after iOS 12 beta 3 update.

Update for AP looks good 

. Thanks guys!

Side Note: As a AP beta tester and a AD beta tester (also Apple IOS beta tester) I’ve enjoyed working with you guys. I saw your announcement to be looking for a Publisher beta for PC in the near future. Will be happy to work with that as well but have, basically shifted my workflow to the iPad Pro with the advent of your products. Will I see Publisher make it to iPad? Will be happy to assist with beta testing that as well.

Just now, BernieB59 said:

Update for AP looks good 

. Thanks guys!

Side Note: As a AP beta tester and a AD beta tester (also Apple IOS beta tester) I’ve enjoyed working with you guys. I saw your announcement to be looking for a Publisher beta for PC in the near future. Will be happy to work with that as well but have, basically shifted my workflow to the iPad Pro with the advent of your products. Will I see Publisher make it to iPad? Will be happy to assist with beta testing that as well.

It looks like the speed is back, however when i’m trying to do a HDR merge the colours look washed out in the preview and when exported, it is also quite blurry. Am I doing something wrong here?

Exactly the case this side too, was using iOS 11 for a while and affinity app was working fine and rendering quite fast,  but which this latest iOS 12 which is still in beta version causing some minor bugs all around it. I guess just as it is in beta so this issue, hope they will fix with the stable update once they roll it over all device.

With Regards,

Xovo Larjem

Thank You

showbox  tutuapp  kodi