VectorVonDoom

Quilling, Letter A (AD)

I wasn't in the mood to do any proper work this evening so was messing around and tried emulating quilling in AD with the letter A. As it was trying to copy hand curled paper it also meant I didn't have to get the curves or spirals perfect.

Quilling A.jpg

Very nicely done, Marc. Some of the spirals seem a little too 2D, and some the shadows look a little odd, but the overall effect is very impressive. I wouldn’t know where to begin with something like this!

How long did it take you? Are you planning to do any more?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

It didn't take long I was doing it while listening to/watching DS9.  I could have spent more time on it and add more detail and made a bit more 3d but it was really to see what it would look like. It's not complicated, or I wouldn't be doing it lol, It's only filling in a letter shape, I split it in to the outline and background and put the spirals and stuff in between.

I was thinking about doing some stylised, arty letters but not sure yet.

I've been thinking about doing something on the same lines (no pun intended). Now you've set the bar, I'll have something to aim for!