You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective correction tool missing in iPad version?

I just purchased the iPad version of Affinity Photo for my iPad Pro 10.5.

As an author I make several mockup images of 3D paperback boks for web pages.

I have a standard photograph of a paperback book and place the front page image (2D flat image) as a layer on top. I then use the perspecrive tool and align the four cornes of the front page image with the four corners of the book. I then flatten the image and I have a new image of a book.

In the iPad version, I do not find the perspective tool. How can I achieve my goal?

The Distortions category in the Filters Studio (accessed by tapping on the filter funnel icon to the right of the workspace) includes a Perspective filter.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I do a lot of perspective corrections in my Affinity Photo on my iMac with no trouble at all.

However,I have been unable to do this with the iPad version.I go to filters, go to perspective corrections,but I don't know how to invoke the grid to apply the w.a distortion .(Tall Buildings)If there was a tutorial on this,than it would make this a great help.So far I'm frustrated.Can anyone explane this for me ? Thank you so much.JB.

6 hours ago, John Basso said:

However,I have been unable to do this with the iPad version.I go to filters, go to perspective corrections,but I don't know how to invoke the grid to apply the w.a distortion

I am not sure what you mean by "the w.a distortion," but on the context toolbar at the bottom of the screen for the Perspective filter there should be a "Show Grid" button. Make sure that is enabled (the background color is a lighter shade of grey & there is a thin light grey circle around the button).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

R C-R,

I have not done it myself on the iPad yet, but this is how I would approach it:

I would create a new document that is greater than the picture you would like to edit.

I will place the pic in question over that as a new layer, On the right hand side I would go to the funnel icon and about a third from the bottom is the perspective.

I wil drw the top two corners wider until the perspective is correc, Merge and crop.

There is the right way I know, but I have not yet tried it. Go to the help section. I think it is in one of the tutorials.

What I like about affinity, is that you can achieve the end results in various ways quite often.

• 2 months later...

Hello To All.

Sorry to wait so long for my reply.Have been extremly busy of late.Im loving my 12.9'' iPad pro and now I am able to do the perspective control.Also many other things I've learned..

I did have a lot of trouble with Apples Photos.And after back and fro to Apple support ,I have finally figured out,that the iPhoneX uses another format besides J-PEGS .This is called HEIC.

Since my desktop computer is an early 2008 , 24'' iMac (which can not be upgaraded to Siera) My iPoneX pictures woulndt properly download in Apples PHOTO App.

Before I bought this iPhoneX ,I'd never had any trouble with my previous iPhone 6 (a great phone) Siera won't give you any problems downloading pictures from the iPhoneX.

However, if you have an older iMac like me you can go to settings on your iPhoneX ,scrole down to camera  > formats.and choose most compatable,this than means; the IOS will now only use J-PEGGs . The newer HEIC was developped in the movie industy and uses far less space, .

My other wish is for Affinity Photo on the iPad to invoke their App via EXTENSIONS just like it is on the Mac's  desktop.This would make it so much easer .

Now all of this is related to iCloud ,which I use . Also Apples PHOTOS has a pretty good DAM,which Affinity has not.Sometimes I still use my favorite platform ,,APERTURE'''This I use for my LEICA Camera.

I love Affinithy Photo on my Mac as well on my iPad Pro.It works verywell together with PHOTOS.

I also have Light Room (Don't use it a lot ) and PIXELMATOR.  I hope you can read my ramblings ,Greetings; John Basso.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:42 PM, Johan Crous said:

I just purchased the iPad version of Affinity Photo for my iPad Pro 10.5.

As an author I make several mockup images of 3D paperback boks for web pages.

I have a standard photograph of a paperback book and place the front page image (2D flat image) as a layer on top. I then use the perspecrive tool and align the four cornes of the front page image with the four corners of the book. I then flatten the image and I have a new image of a book.

In the iPad version, I do not find the perspective tool. How can I achieve my goal?

Actually if this is the sort of thing you are after I get better results using the COMMANDS-PROJECTIONS method followed by Merge Down rather than flatten. I used it to add the four logos and the spider to the box.

445D3C9F-F521-48DD-B011-7DE8987AA0C3.jpeg

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Example video using this method, repeat on each side of the box.

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Hope someone is still active here. I can't get this to work at all, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong of course, hopefully I've attached a video as well as the image I'm trying to work on. I just want to be able to add a picture to fit within the laptop screen!

laptop.afphoto

Edited by Ikikuru
Mistake

1 hour ago, Ikikuru said:

Sorry I did'nt record it in the video, but I have every other time merged the picture down before the final step of clearing projection. Makes no difference to the outcome!

You will find this alternative method a lot easier.

51AEF9A1-61E5-4E59-9958-22CD04BD920B.png

20 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

You will find this alternative method a lot easier.

51AEF9A1-61E5-4E59-9958-22CD04BD920B.png

Thank you so much!!!

That is indeed way easier!! I also just managed to figure the other way out though, I was about to re-post. All I had to do for some odd reason is convert the pic to a .jpg rather than affinity photo format. Then it worked. Odd it does not work in the native format!!