You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Processing

aoc

Affinity looks good and pretty intuitive to use. What I am missing is a batch processor. My primary photo targets are birds; things that move pretty fast at times. So I usually shoot photos in bursts - same light situation, same settings etc, up to 20 images. To allow me to select the one photo I like, I want to process all of them the same, so applying a macro/batch processing them. The outcome of the batch processing should deliver good results.

This is the one feature photoshop has ahead of all other photo processing software - it does good batch processing. I have tested other software (Nikon firmware, Corel, Gimp etc.) and they have all delivered unsatisfactory results.

Try Lightroom, I'd argue it has even better batch processing than Photoshop. And then the manner in which you can preview all of the resulting images is astonishingly better than working with Bridge and Photoshop.

It's almost as though it comes from a universe outside of Adobe.

// it did, they bought it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not just for photographers.

I've just processed over a hundred product images sourced from the web of perfume bottles to be used in a product sample video. All had pure white backgrounds so I applied the following task order 100 times:

Open

Erase white paper

Rotate 90º

Export PNG

Close

I feel stupid having forced myself to do it in Affinity Photo when PhotoShop could've batch processed it all while I went on lunch, but hey, I'm trying to use Affinity products as much as possible to get completely comfortable with them so Adobe can stop being my "go to" apps. (difficult to do when the lasso selection tool's cursor obscures my view of what I'm doing. It's terrible)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll add my voice in asking for what i believe is a much needed feature. Still no news on when its going to happen? I can see this being added to the DAM package they are working on. 

I think it makes a lot of sense for this to be included in a DAM.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Another "+" for Batch Processing, please

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

so need Batch RAW processing similar to Adobe's camera raw, I bought Affinity with the hope of escaping Adobe's PS strangle hold but was disappointed that I could not batch correct images needing the same adjustment while live viewing.  This seems like it'd be a basic software function especially knowing working photographers would be purchasing the software.

1 hour ago, Derek Smith said:

so need Batch RAW processing similar to Adobe's camera raw, I bought Affinity with the hope of escaping Adobe's PS strangle hold but was disappointed that I could not batch correct images needing the same adjustment while live viewing.  This seems like it'd be a basic software function especially knowing working photographers would be purchasing the software.

That's two of the reasons I will continue to use DxO Optics pro for batch processing RAWs until AP/AD or new Affinity DAM is released.

Regards