You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad timeline?

I'm an Affinity fan 100% - have both apps on both computer platforms as well as the iOS Photo version. Affinity is the future and like everyone else, I'm anxious for the Publisher app and the iOS Designer version to be released. We've been teased with videos of both and the timelines given for release or betas seem to extend infinitely. 

I'm most anxious for the iOS designer app to be released... we were told (or at least rumors) that it would be out in the fall of 2017, then early 2018 - now we're at WWDC where Affinity was showcasing their iOS Photo last year.... one of the Affinity main guys was asked about when the app drops live and he mentioned really soon... but here we are at the logical event it would appear, and there's no app, no word on anything... I get Affinity Designer iOS is a small team and there's a lot of pressure and work to get done... its frustrating to be awaiting a product that will revolutionize how I get to work and to see the release get pushed back month after month with little word on updates or anything from Affinity. 
Can we get an update? A sense of hope as to when we'll get to start using a beta at least? 

thanks for all you guys do

• Staff

Hi Boldlinedesign,

I understand how frustrating it can be waiting for news. 

All i can say (without loosing my job) is Designer for iPad is currently being developed but sadly i don't have anytime frame for release or a Beta.

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

time frame for release or a Beta

Is there going to be (indeed, can there be) a public beta for the iPad app? I don’t recall there being such a thing for Affinity Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I don’t recall there being such a thing for Affinity Photo

You had to send an email to be added to the list in Testflight BUT that may have been after the 1st retail release, i can't remember.  I suspect the same process will be followed for Designer.

• Staff

@KitN

There is not yet a public beta for iPad Designer, so nothing to sign up to.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...

I also am waiting, somewhat impatiently, for Designer on the iPad.  However, I want it to be right when it is released, not ate up with bugs because we pushed the company to get something out.  I will wait until it is here and not lose faith.  I love Photo (Mac and iPad) and Designer (Mac).  I am in for the long haul.  Stay the course, Serif.

• 2 weeks later...