You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where can I download an older version (binary) please? windows 64bit

I was beginning to like this program, I bought the windows version of Affinity Designer but the last (couple?) updates really made this unusable for me, VERY VERY VERY BUGGY

freezes or changes the mouse pointer back to windows default and can't draw anything or makes the mouse invisible??

It is only this program because I run clip studio paint pro at the same time and I switch back to CSP and the mouse is fine again...

Yes, I have up to date everything (windows, graphics card, sound card, tablet) ... maybe Affinity Designer doesn't like that I have an old wacom cintiq 12wx (first version) but everything else is fine with it and I use the latest drivers .. no other problems and I do a lot of stuff with other programs (indie game designer, code, sound, draw) and no other software hides/changes the mouse pointer like Affinity does...

I don't think 1.6.2 was doing this but I am not sure...I would like to go back to 1.6.2 though please is there a place to downgrade?? thanks.

• Staff

Hi dietsnapple,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm glad to hear you've found a previous backup, for future reference you can download the previous Designer .exe versions here and Photo .exe versions here.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 years later...
  • Staff

Hi @Paul_727,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm that the Affinity Store and Mac App Store versions of the apps are separate downloads, but have the same requirements to be run.

Unfortunately it's not possible to 'roll back' to a previous version on the Mac App Store, as this is not something that Apple offer, my apologies.

Can you please verify for me, as I'm unable to find a purchase linked to an Affinity Store account from you at this time:

• Are you looking for Affinity V1 or V2 on macOS?
  • Have you previously purchased a license for V1, or V2? If so, was this linked to an Affinity ID?
  • What are your current Mac specs?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @JerryYachats,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please expand on the issue you are having with Affinity Photo v2.1 so I can assist further? As there were no changes to how the application is accessed between 2.0 and 2.1 so I'm a little unsure what you mean by this.

Please note -

Many thanks!