You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

the undo brush tool does not work correctly. if you take a photo as a front camera, then the effect of the undo brush tool is applied mirror up. if the rear camera is all right. I also wanted to understand how to save snapshots as in the desktop version. it is very necessary.

• Staff

Hi rusab11,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry, I can't replicate this issue. Are you referring to the iPad version of Affinity Photo? If so, could you please attach a screen recording or screenshots of this?
Unfortunately Affinity Photo for iPad does not support snapshots currently, my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi rusab11,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry, I can't replicate this issue. Are you referring to the iPad version of Affinity Photo? If so, could you please attach a screen recording or screenshots of this?
Unfortunately Affinity Photo for iPad does not support snapshots currently, my apologies.

i did attach video

saving snapshots are planned for the iPad? or they will not exist at all?

• Staff

Thanks for that video, I can see that you have not selected the undo state when using the brush, please see my attached video alongside the instructions below:
1. Display the History panel.

2. Click the Undo Brush Source camera icon on the history state you want to paint back to.

3. Begin painting with the Undo Brush Tool

As far as I know, there are no current plans to implement snapshots, but I'd never say never! :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

It's not quite that, try to take a picture of the front camera and insert this photo program. After that, treat with some effect and apply the undo brash tool. It does not work correctly if you take a picture with the front camera. For any other photos, the instrument will change normally.

• Staff

Hi rusab11,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for the additional details. This seems an issue/conflict related with the orientation/metadata of the file. I was able to replicate it here although in my case the Undo Brush Tool has painted the image rotated 90º clockwise. I'm checking if we already have this issue logged and will fill a bug report in case we don't. Thanks for your feedback.

• Staff

Cheers MEB, I've also just recreated this issue and I'll update this thread with our development log, as we are already aware of this issue in regards to portrait images.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, rusab11 said:

If you take a photo as a front camera , then the effect of the undo brush tool is applied mirror up. if the rear camera is all right. 

Could someone please explain these technical terms to me? "front camera" "rear camera" and "mirror up"

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi John Rostron,
I believe @rusab11 was referring to the front facing camera of his phone (or tablet), to the rear (back) camera of the same device and that the undo brush was painting the image upside down when the photo was taken with the front facing camera.

all correct. i did speak about that

• 3 weeks later...

And a very big flaw (at least for me). I worked for a long time in photoshop and there you can roll back in the history palette several levels higher, but the effect is to apply the one that is below. For example: 1 step - I translated the photo into black and white. Step 2 - greatly increased the contrast. then rolled back to 1 step, and apply the effect with 2 steps. You can really only roll back. It simply does not apply the effect below the step you are on. This is not very convenient. Is critical. On the desktop version it is decided in the form of saving snapshots. Do it so that in the version for the iPad it is possible. Or implement the work of the undo brush tool like in Photoshop.

If this thread is about iPad shouldn't it be in the iPad Questions forum?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 6/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, walt.farrell said:

If this thread is about iPad shouldn't it be in the iPad Questions forum?

Thanks Walt, I'll get it moved now.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:32 PM, rusab11 said:

Now with a photo from the rear camera. Applying the undo brash tool effect is applied with scaling. As if the photo was enlarged by 2 sizes.

I've tried to replicate this issue and cannot, what effect/filter are you using in conjunction with the undo brush?

I understood how it works here. There is a little bit differently organized work with effects. those that are applied as a separate layer are not partially canceled and they need to be masked as a layer. but those that apply directly to the layer itself (like a filter) - these can be partially undone in the history palette

• Staff

Could you possibly take a screen recording using your iPad and upload the video here, so we can take a look at your workflow and replicate the enlarging issue?
You're correct in saying that adjustments and filters work independently of each other, and slightly differently in regards to masking.