You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sharing Color Swatches between Photo and Designer?

Hi,

Is there anyway to setup and share a set of Colors between Photo and Designer? I have around 15 Named Colours for an App I an working on, for example, GamePenalty, GameBackground, GameBoardBackground, etc.

Can I set these up once and then share then between the two apps, so that when I want to fill an object, I can just select the Colour by Name from the Swatches Pane?

All the Best

Dave

Sure. Just go to Swatches and from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the panel, create a new palette. You basically have two options here: either choose "Add Document Palette", which will attach your color swatches to the currently active document. If you then open that document in your other Affinity app, the swatches will open with it. Or, for an even more global approach, choose "Add System Palette". This will allow you to create a system-wide set of swatches that are permanently accessible from both Affinity Photo and Designer. And since system palettes are also not document-based, you'll have them available in any file you create or open.

• 2 years later...

I am on version 1.9.2, I have created couple of "applicaton palettes" since "global system palette" is not available in the menu (anymore?).

They show neither in Publisher nor in Photo. Has this functionality been removed or put somewhere else please?

Edited by omichalek

47 minutes ago, omichalek said:

I am on version 1.9.2, I have created couple of "applicaton palettes" since "global palette" is not available in the menu (anymore?).

They show neither in Publisher nor in Photo. Has this functionality been removed or put somewhere else please?

There is no 'global palette' that I know of. On Macs (but not Windows) there can be System Palettes that any app that uses the standard macOS color API can access.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Sorry "system palette" is what I meant

9 minutes ago, R C-R said:

There is no 'global palette' that I know of. On Macs (but not Windows) there can be System Palettes that any app that uses the standard macOS color API can access.

That is disappointing :/

7 minutes ago, omichalek said:

Sorry "system palette" is what I meant

That is disappointing :/

If you mean that it is disappointing that Windows does not have System color support, take that up with Microsoft.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7