deevee

Designer Crash when adding a Global Colour

I'm a new user. Just bought my copy from MAS. I haven't been able to add global colours from the Swatches panel. It shows a dialog for a split second and crashes. Converting existing colours to global ones (right-click > make global) works OK. I've tried to move AD's directories in ~/Library to simulate a fresh install and can reproduce the issue.

I've got a crash report I can share. Not sure if there's any personal data in there, so not attaching to the post.

Hey deevee, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

There is an input field in the Global Colour dialog and there's a known issue logged with development where some users are reporting instant crashes when clicking within an input field.

Are you using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar by any chance? 

There shouldn't be any sensitive info in the crash report but I'll PM you with a way to get it to me.

Thanks for the quick response! I am indeed using an MBP with a Touch Bar. However, I don't have to click within any input field to cause a crash. See the video I attached. I just have to choose the "Add Global Colour" menu item.

I believe we may have tracked this down to the Accessibility Keyboard from System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard > Enable Accessibility Keyboard. Could you please confirm if you have this enabled or not. If you don't, do you use any other apps to assist with keyboard input?

Thanks!