Sign in to follow this  
stinkykong

[By Design] Scaling and constraining ratios

Not really a bug but I can't get this to work. (I use Illustrator with no issues). I can't drag/resize and maintain the aspect ratio of text or objects. There was once an extra step of converting to curves but that command is always greyed out. I would like to simply select, click, resize and maintain the dimensions of the object. In Adobe products this is done anytime you use CMD when you drag. Why not in Affinity Designer?

Hi stinkykong,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is by design. You can change this behaviour going to Affinity Preferences, Tools section, Move Tool Aspect Constrain dropdown. The Automatic (based on selection) option (the default) keeps the proportions of objects that possess an intrinsic aspect ratio - like text and images - without the need to press shift, while for other objects you have to press it. The other two options are self-explanatory: Constrain by default will keep the proportions by default without the need to press ⇧ (shift) unless you want to distort the objects/break ratio; Do not constrain by default will force you to press ⇧ (shift) every time you want to keep the ratio/proportions of the object no matter their type.