MattP

Introduce Yourself

Hello my name is Dimitris. I've done some photo editing with some free software, but I'm glad to have found Affinity Photo a professional tool which is affordable to my pocket.Thank you for this great software!

Hey everyone!

Im Vlad! Im a self taught designer and im glad i found out about affinity while looking for alternatives to Illustrator. These apps are awesome and im glad to be apart of this team now!

I hope that some time in the future serif releases an animation app! then i would never have to go back!!

Good day everyone, I'm Allen, from Manila, Philippines. I'm a Sr. Art Director / Sr. Graphic Designer by profession who has worked for various multi-national ad agencies in my country for 16+ years. I have been using Adobe Suite of Applications since it's inception but have been looking for an alternative that can ultimately replace my Adobe Suite. I couldn't much longer afford the subscription rates and Adobe hogs computer memory too, with that said, it was all but natural for me to switch to Affinity Designer.

Now I'm slowly grasping the ins and outs of Affinity Designer, thankfully it's a short learning curve for me, since I'm well versed in Illustrator already, the shortcut keys are pretty intuitive save for some that needs a little bit learning. So it's was really easy, painless switch for me when I bought a copy of Affinity Designer last month. I've already made a few magazine layout designs which I have attached below as proof of my learnings. :D;) 

Looking forward to meet more of you guys here.

Since I already have Affinity Designer, I Will buy the Affinity Photo, the next month after payday. :26_nerd:

By the end of the year, I will have the Whole Affinity Suite so that I can use the Affinity Studio Link feature. Yes!!!

Disclaimer: The Magazine Mockup was made in Adobe Photoshop, since I don't own Affinity Photo yet.

By the way, you can also follow me on instagram as AffinityDesigner_Art. It's an instagram account dedicated to my journey to discovering the wonders of Affinity Designer. Here's the link: affinity.designer.art

Cover 1.jpg

ADA_Post1_July30.jpg

Cover 2.jpg

ADA_Post2_Aug01b.jpg

Hello all.  I'm new to Affinity Photo and to the forum.  I'm a former LR user and occasionally dabbled in GIMP and PS Elements as well as tried a couple of other trial versions. So far I'm blown away by how well AP is working for me and I'm happy to find that the community seems very helpful.  Looking forward to exploring some new techniques.

Cheers.

Hi all, my name is Chris from Auckland New Zealand. I've been in the industry for a long time - way before computers took over the design process.
After 20 years as a creative in Advertising, I got out and set up a small design business.
I've been using Adobe products since CS2 and bought CS6 as Adobe moved to the subscription business model.
I stuck with Windows 7 until recently - the end of support in January 2020 forced me to upgrade to Win 10.

I had been looking for an alternative to Adobe because an earlier attempt to run CS6 on Win 10 had been a disaster and cost me $500 for an IT guy to fix. I found Serif by chance on a youtube video and after a bit of research I bought Photo, Designer and Publisher - I'm hoping they will replace PSD, AI and INDD as these are the programs I use every day.

So far I've limited my training to Affinity Designer as I have a project that includes a lot of isometric illustrations. It's taking a bit of time to adjust and lose the urge to complete a task using AI methods but the more I learn, the more I like it.

Right now I'm just hungry for as many tutorials as I can find. Looking forward to incorporating the whole package into my workflow.

Cheers all

Hello everybody.

My name is Giuseppe Improta and I am a Visual Artist living in BC, Canada.

I have worked for almost 20 years in the Computer Graphics world and I supervise lighting and lookdev in high-end VFX productions.
I am also a cinematographer and photographer.
I also have a YouTube channel for Computer Graphics and specifically for lighting for artists (LightDark Academy).

I switched recently to the Affinity suite from the Adobe world for my photography business and so far I am happy.

I hope to be able to give useful and constructive suggestions to improve these already great products and maybe help somebody else creating good stuff.

Cheers!
G. Improta

Edited by Giuseppe "Goose" Improta

Hello!

My name is Rob, I'm a professional illustrator/animator based in Ireland. I also have a huge interest in sound design and music too.

I've been using Macromedia (or should I say Adobe) Flash for most of my career (that was a long time ago!). I've made the switch over to Affinity and I'm so glad I did.

Looking forward to chatting on the forum!

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi everyone, I'm Anthony Cornett. I've been working in the design world for nearly 20 years, much of those within the Adobe platform. While I've worked in digital and print advertisement, web design, and promotional product imprinting, my current focus is book design. I've been using InDesign for this for some years, and still use Photoshop and Illustrator to assist in the process. Or, I should say, I USED to. I am now dedicating myself to the Affinity platform. I look forward to following the development, and would love to see some necessary features implemented in the Publisher app for my use as a book designer and publisher. I'll head over to the feature request forums to see what's been happening. Thanks again!

Hello, I'm Affinmac, would just like to say to all involved at Affinity, congrats and well done for standing up for all creatives ( especially students) by taking the war to Adobe with the Affinity products, Adobe, a bunch of money-grabbing gangsters. if yous find yourselves at any point completely overtaking Adobe in the production and development of creative software for the masses, never give in to them, whatever you do, don't let them try to buy you out 

Good morning

My name is Dave, a newbie to Affinity Photo. I would like to say, even though I have only been a photographer for a short time, your Affinity Photo program is excellent.

I take photos of nature and wildlife here in South Florida.

I have tried many programs in the past 3 to 4 years, from the simple programs to Adobe products. And I have finally chosen Affinity for my program of choice for my editing. In my opinion, Affinity has made great progress in a very short time and will probably be the go to program for editing in the future. It seems very easy to learn for beginners like me, and your videos are incredible and easy to understand. Like very much the no subscription needed.

Thank you so much for such a fantastic program.. I am surely going to have a lot of questions for you

Have a great day.. keep up the great work everyone...

Dave Green

Dave Green

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) and thank you for your kind words.

If you or any of the posters here have any Affinity Photo processed pictures you would like to post in this sharing forum I am sure others would be interested.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Hi,

My name is Nanne van Vondelen from the netherlands and I am using Photo and Publisher.

I love to make photo's and I use Affinity now for over 1 year and I love it. I just bought Publisher so I am wonderen around the program now. First impression is great.

I hope I can use this forum to increase my skills and hopefully I can help you if you have questions. 

New User trying to learn Affinity after decades of Freehand. I built an Affinity doc using tutorial support, very happy with it, then hit a wrong key and lost all my hard work. Tried "control z" tried "delete" tried to get back to the file I was working on. I think the error was hitting "new artboard" ... I could not escape nor return to my file, which was lost to the ages. Speaking of ages, I am 77, have been a Freehand lover since early '80s, have MX on my old computer. Newer computer Mogave 10.14.6 accepted Affinity and works fine. Except of course of the difficulty I just outlined.