MattP

Introduce Yourself

Congratulation for a great piece of work. I was looking for a replacement for the outdated xpress stuff and indesign wasn't an option because of the subscription ripoff. I'm currently trying the publisher beta in an evaluation project and I'm really excited. What a difference to the awkward xpress dinosaur. I'll certainly buy a publisher license once it becomes available.

Hello!

Amature astronomer from Arkansas starting into astrophotography, learning and loving it. Got Affinity Photo to start pulling some stars out of the RAW data I had collected. Long story short, not much of what I had was usable! But the usable stuff looks so much better now. So much learning ahead, thanks for the videos!

Hi..my name is Kelley.  I live in central Illinois.  I'm a photographer and graphic designer.  But, I'm just now starting to work with vectors...I've always used Photoshop for everything.  But, its so different than vectors and pixels.  I absolutely LOVE the ADesign!!  I can't believe everything it does.  I have watched video after video...I'm learning a little.  Its quite confusing and I cannot believe everything it does.  Very impressed.  But, just wanted to say hi!  I've been looking for UI videos...I've only watched one.  So, I'm in search of more and came across this forum...YAY!!!  

4 minutes ago, SrPx said:

Edit:  never mind, wrong post (sorry)

tip.gif If you post accidentally (e.g. a duplicate, or in the wrong thread) you can use the ‘Hide’ switch at the bottom of the message editing box so that only you and the moderators can see the message in question.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks! just did so...

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM. 
Affinity PHOTO 1.7.x --> AMAZING. Getting there for painting. Temporary trick  (Windows - only) for better "alt" key color picking configured in a Wacom Intuos Pro pen's side button.

Hello everyone, My name is Rafael and I am new to Affinity.

I am an amateur photographer, retired and residing in Southern California.

Looking forward to learning how to use the affinity and all its hidden features too. 

Hi Everyone my name is James located in grand terrace, ca. I have been using Serif products for several years now, I was upset when they dropped there products and started with the Affinity Software. I just bought the Affinity Photo and am very happy with it so far. I think I am back with serif again they make great products.

Hi I am Paul Based in Galway (Ireland). .  Today I thought I would try AP for the first time  so over the day I opened and closed it few times each time I opened it I got a little better . The hardest part was finding where everything was i.e. the "undo"  On the 3rd time of opening found it was under "History"   I still need to know how to have a lighter back ground and if the icons can be a bit larger.  Having use PP from the days of MSDOS (PP2) to PPX9  (r.i.p.)  this is a giant step for me. But having got over my first day without any instructions or manual is a good sign. One thing has stood out,  is that you have close a dialogue box before opening another one and when you do open one there are lots of options within the box. So the motto is  "Little Each Day" together with "patience" Rome was not built in a day