You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

You need a separate licence for each platform, so I'm afraid you'll have to purchase another AD licence for your Windows laptop if you currently only have a licence for the Mac version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hu gaytas,

Seems i misunderstood your post. I thought you already have Designer on both Mac and the PC and wanted to install it on a second PC (laptop). If you haven't purchased it for PC then you have to do so through the Affinity Store as Alfred pointed out. Each platform require its own license.

Hi, I'm Angie Taylor.

I'm a motion graphic designer who has been working with Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects for over 20 years. I am increasingly frustrated with Adobe software and their subscription model so have been looking for an alternative for a long time. I love Affinity Designer, it's so intuitive, fast and responsive. However there are a few ommissions that make it difficult for me to create the style I use in Affinity Designer.

Here's an example where I show how I work;

https://www.lynda.com/Illustrator-tutorials/Working-Blob-Brush-tool/123443/126395-4.html

Here's an example that shows the basics of these tools;

https://www.lynda.com/Illustrator-tutorials/Creating-shapes-Blob-Brush-Eraser-tools/123524/131700-4.html

I use a combination of the Blob Brush tool and the Eraser tool in AI to "sculpt"my vector shapes. It gives the artwork a hand-drawn effect and it's a really creative way to work. Are there any plans to introduce these tools in Affinity Designer? I also use the Reshape tools and Symbol tools a lot and wonder is these are on the planned schedule at all?

Thanks for creating some great software!

All the best, 

Angie

Hello!.....My name is Gabriel from Victoria, BC, Canada......i'm a professional photographer..... www.pixreflections.photography .... i purchases a license for photo and one for designer for my mac in the studio....also bought one for the pc in the house.....with 3 licenses i would like to install designer as second seat for my windows laptop....how to download it

Just to clarify. Does this mean you bought two copies from the App Store (Mac), or a separate one from the Affinity Store (Windows)? As Alfred mentioned, a license is good for each platform, but I wonder if that's not the problem since you said you bought one for your PC.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I use a combination of the Blob Brush tool and the Eraser tool in AI to "sculpt"my vector shapes. It gives the artwork a hand-drawn effect and it's a really creative way to work. Are there any plans to introduce these tools in Affinity Designer? I also use the Reshape tools and Symbol tools a lot and wonder is these are on the planned schedule at all?

Hi Angie, and welcome to the forums.

I agree with your suggestions. With the new updates on it's way, I think the vector eraser tool is one of the only things left I desire. That, and something similar to Live Paint. There has been a mention that a vector eraser is on the roadmap, but it is not listed on the Roadmap topic, so I don't know when it will arrive. The other features on the topic will come as free updates some time before version 2. I don't know if there has been discussion on a tool like the Blob Brush Tool though.

Also, I'm sure you won't mind that I have a cartoon character named Angie.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Also, I'm sure you won't mind that I have a cartoon character named Angie.

Do you mind that Seth MacFarlane had a cartoon character named Brian until he was killed off? :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png

Do you mind that Seth MacFarlane had a cartoon character named Brian until he was killed off? :unsure:

This is for you, Alfred.

f9fw3q.jpg

HI! My name Gabriel from Victoria, BC, Canada......I am a professional photographer who lives in the country surrounded by huge trees.....I have a wolf for pet.....

Hi Gabriel, welcome to Affinity.

A wolf sounds like a very cool pet. Enjoy the forum.

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• Staff

In the old PhotoPlus, ....?

barrows643,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

This is the introduce yourself thread, where you...er... introduce yourself. Please ask questions in the questions and feedback forum.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

This is for you, Alfred.

f9fw3q.jpg

LOL. That reminds me of a (very, very old!) joke:

"Why don't you like school, Johnny?"

"Oh, it isn't the school, it's the principal of the thing!"

Alfred spacer.png

LOL. That reminds me of a (very, very old!) joke:

"Why don't you like school, Johnny?"

"Oh, it isn't the school, it's the principal of the thing!"

Haha.

Don't worry, fellas. Alfred has left office.

Hello everyone.  I just downloaded the Affinity Photo trial for Windows and signed up here in the forum.  Looking for a replacement for Paint Shop Pro since the latest version doesn't work well in Windows 10 for me.  I have bunches of .pspimage files with a mix of vector and raster layers.  If I can figure out how to import them into Affinity, I may make the switch.

Tom

Maybe two possible ways : irfanview supports PSP files, -not sure if you need to download the free plugin-   Depending on how well is supported, it could become handy. 

Vector files... I don't use PSP since version 8.x / 7.x , many years ago, but if it exports anything like a SVG or other vector formats, you can try to import those files using Affinity Designer and/or Inkscape. 

Edit: Oh, you say "vector layers"...That's a different matter....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hello everyone.  I just downloaded the Affinity Photo trial for Windows and signed up here in the forum.  Looking for a replacement for Paint Shop Pro since the latest version doesn't work well in Windows 10 for me.  I have bunches of .pspimage files with a mix of vector and raster layers.  If I can figure out how to import them into Affinity, I may make the switch.

Tom

Hello Tom, and welcome aboard. It might be a long and tedious task, but I think the best thing to do is to open those files in the program you used to make them (Paint Shop Pro), and convert them to common file types that Affinity Photo will recognize but still keep the layer structure. PSD is good for photos and paintings, and PDF is good for vectors.

Hello everyone.  I now own Affinity Photo and Designer on both Mac and Windows.. Because I LOVE it.. Cant wait for Affinity Publisher.
I work as a Graphic designer, and have started using Affinity at work as well.

Tor Vegard

The Bearded Bird

Tor Vegard

Graphic design • UI / UX • Branding • Logo Design 

Hello everyone.  I now own Affinity Photo and Designer on both Mac and Windows.. Because I LOVE it.. Cant wait for Affinity Publisher.

I work as a Graphic designer, and have started using Affinity at work as well.

Tor Vegard

Welcome aboard. Affinity is certainly spreading, no? It looks like there is a new member on the forum every day.

Welcome aboard. Affinity is certainly spreading, no? It looks like there is a new member on the forum every day.

Actually, if you look at the members list and sort it by join date, you'll find that about eighty new members have joined in the past twenty-four hours.

Alfred spacer.png

Actually, if you look at the members list and sort it by join date, you'll find that about eighty new members have joined in the past twenty-four hours.

I see what you mean. Well the suite deserves to get out there.

And it was actually 84. I counted. (Kidding)

Hey my name is Wil, from Regina Saskatchewan! I am a graphic designer (adobe), I started AFFINITY designer today and since this morning the only thing I can tell is, it is DOPE O'clock and I am very happy. It is hard something to upload a file and the render of your work is not as much good from the workspace. 

I am super excited about all the possibility with Affinity. I will like to have more information about the page preset under WEB and which one is more appropriate for social media etc... , I am pretty sure I can figure that out with the help function.

I am pretty sure I will learn more on this forum.

Keep on rocking,

Wil 

Hello Tom, and welcome aboard. It might be a long and tedious task, but I think the best thing to do is to open those files in the program you used to make them (Paint Shop Pro), and convert them to common file types that Affinity Photo will recognize but still keep the layer structure. PSD is good for photos and paintings, and PDF is good for vectors.

Yea, sounds kinda tedious but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Hello All

My name is Tim Corner and I recently downloaded the trial version for windows of Affinity Photo. A friend of mine, who is a mac user told me that you had just released a version for windows, so I thought I would give it a try. From what I have seen so far, I have to say that I am impressed with the software. I think the developers can be proud of what they have accomplished. I come from using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for a number of years. It looks like the developers were thinking of photoshop users when considering the interface to provide an easy transition. I am seriously considering switching to this software.

One question I do have is, if I purchase a MacBook Pro in the near future, will I have to buy a second copy for that computer.

Oh, but it is not tied to a specific machine, or is it ? I mean, if one has a Windows version, and purchases a new PC with Windows (I don't mean having two licenses working simultaneously in both PCs), there's no need to purchase a Windows license again, it'd be only the case of willing to use it with a different operative system (or that I supposed).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.