You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi to all! I've been a professional photog for over 30 years and shoot exclusively work for advertising. First image editing software I used and really loved was Live Picture but after it came to an end, like everyone else, I used PS. I'm now eager to learn how to use Affinity. You may see what type of work we do at www.pacomarquez.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I am looking for a German language author willing to write a book on Affinity Photo (I am an editor with German IT and photo book publisher dpunkt.verlag, www.dpunkt.de). I would also appreciate getting into direct contact with the folks at Serif (customer service recommended that I posted here).

Any help is appreciated - thank you very much in advance.

Boris (karnikowski@dpunkt.de)

Hi people!, I'm Daniel from Granada (Spain). I am an amateur photographer for many years and needed a good and powerful software (and cheaper of course). I think this is what I need and I really like. Thank you for your work, it is impressive.

(Sorry by my english).

¿Hola dsteodoro, Cómo está usted? 

¡Recepción al Foro Affinity! 

Paul. 

I'm David Clark from Balhannah in South Australia, 85 yrs old, moderately bright, physically slow. 

That's why I snapshoot so that I don't miss a shot then make my photos after the fact(shoot). 

I've been wrestling with Photoshop for nearly 20 yrs and have yet to win a point. 

I'll continue using Bridge, ACR, PSCC and my new found Affinity Photo. 

Phenomenal results. Pure Magic.

Hi my name is Malcolm

I recently switched from Nikons FX cameras to using a fuji XT-1, it would be useful to have the fuji film simulations in the RGB colour profile.

I have only just moved from Microsofts [MS] Windows 7 to using a Mac. Sorting out and storing photos was a big problem with MS where its much easier with a Mac system and i do not get photos all over the place.

The big issue i have with Affinity and Macs Photos is the export and import, which makes things a bit harder.

Having just ditched LR via the CC, i am now without any HDR and Panorama editing. Most cheap HDR and Panorama programmes will not cut the detail i need, so that would be a useful addition.

Edited by Mal2422

Hello everyone,

My name is Rens. And yes that's me the black & white picture, when I was young.

I use Affinity to edit my pictures. The snapshots I edit most of the time with Photos on the Mac.

I'm shooting my pictures with a Nikon D5200 en D90 with several lenses.

Hoping to learn a lot and share my experience with you.

Yeah LIVE PICTURE!!

Hi to all! I've been a professional photog for over 30 years and shoot exclusively work for advertising. First image editing software I used and really loved was Live Picture but after it came to an end, like everyone else, I used PS. I'm now eager to learn how to use Affinity. You may see what type of work we do at www.pacomarquez.com.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi, everybody.

I'm Fred Teifeld, a professional photographer out of Evanston, Illinois, US- The city just North of Chicago. I've been looking forward to kicking Adobe to the curb for some time now and I'm just starting to dig into Affinity Photo. I'm also a Capture One Professional user because of the threatening capabilities as well as project management.

What is the best way to contact support with questions?

Hey, Ali here from Pakistan.

Creative Cloud isn't available in my country but even if it was, Adobe price and its structure was kinda a so-so deal.

So searched - searched - and kept searching.

ONLY AP came highly recommended so bought it today and I am super excited to learn it.

My needs aren't big, I just need to do some basic web graphics (banners etc.) so my use would be light - the REAL challenge (not much resources on web design I could find :huh: ) would be to tame this AP beast so it could give me what I want i.e. some awesome banners that get attention from viewers.

Hope this community guides me in the right direction.

• Staff

Hi ali83,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's some resources to help you get started:

- there's a complete set of video tutorials for Affinity Photo here.

Affinity Review is an eZine dedicated to everything about Affinity. It includes some written and video tutorials covering specific subjects in depth (check the issue#2 about Affinity Photo). 

- the Help file also covers all the features of the program 

- i've compiled some additional resources/links in this page.

Hope it helps  ;)

If you have any questions about the software just ask away...

Hi, I am Markus and I like cats. I am graphic designer, photographer, longtime Photoshop user and very pleased to find a promising alternativ to PS in Affinity Photo. I am also an autor about graphic design, photography and photoshop (German language) and maybe my next topic is Affinity Photo.

Markus Wäger | German Autor | Graphic Design, Photoshop and Photography Expert | preparing a german book about Affinity Photo

http://www.markuswaeger.com

Hi! I finally had the time to jump here a present myself ^_^.

My name is Diana, during the normal day I am a PhD student at the University of Münster and, in the night, I am a calendar designer and a planner addict. I came across the software Affinity Designer around 6-8 months ago searching for a god design application :ph34r: . 

I am enthusiast of this design suite  :D.

Coming from Adobe Illustrator I had found trouble to switch at the new environment but now I am really happy to have only this application on my Mac Book. I red on this forum that a new App for Desktop publishing will be release soon and I am looking forward to enjoy the new features coming with the software. 

In my PhD life I am using AD also for projecting poster and create illustrator for my manuscripts. P-E-R-F-E-C-T results! 

Thank you developers for your efforts!

Best 

D

Hello All,

My name is Jon Revere and I've been involved with photography for over 42 years. Went digital when the Canon 10D came out and over time gave up the darkroom entirely. I've used Photoshop since v1.0 but I'm philosophically opposed to the software subscription model and was delighted to have discovered Affinity Photo this weekend. I've not purchased Photo as yet, only going through the tutorials to make sure I can do all the things I want to. So far I've been very pleased. When I get through the tutorials I anticipate becoming another very satisfied customer.

Jon Revere

Hi all,

I'm Pete.  After 20 years as a marketer and consultant I decided to learn a design package to finally realise my creative genius ;-)

What really drove me was the need to originate artwork for my own digital projects and to produce initial concepts before passing them to people with the skills to finish 'em properly.  The Creative Cloud model looks like a an overly cynical machine to screw customers (I'm sworn off that kind of sales/marketing bs) and the Affinity offering seemed to fit the bill.

Slowly working through the various tutorials and Ronnie M's course on Udemy, with the aim of producing something not too terrible before christmas.

All the best,

Pete.

Hello All,

My name is Jon Revere and I've been involved with photography for over 42 years. Went digital when the Canon 10D came out and over time gave up the darkroom entirely. I've used Photoshop since v1.0 but I'm philosophically opposed to the software subscription model and was delighted to have discovered Affinity Photo this weekend. I've not purchased Photo as yet, only going through the tutorials to make sure I can do all the things I want to. So far I've been very pleased. When I get through the tutorials I anticipate becoming another very satisfied customer.

Purchased Photo and getting used to the tools. Right now I'm focusing on retraining my fingers after decades of Photoshop. Still liking what I see. 

Jon Revere