You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi, my name's Jef- I am an artist. I just recently moved all my production off of Adobe to affinity (except indesign...for now). I'm currently working on making a ton of brushes for affinity Designer. I really love this software.

Helo. I am Graham. I have been a Serif client for many years, and have visited the site in Keyworth (it is close to my son's house). I have used many of the Serif products for a variety of purposes. After I retired I needed  a low cost product range for presentations, Logs of my sailing cruises, my website, and producing the Christmas card mailing list and labels. My Cruising Logs are the main feature, and in 2003 I won the Royal Yachting Association cruising log competition. I tried to develop a CD on how to do it with help and sponsorship from Serif, but the technology was really moving too fast.

Since then. my Logs have got better, and many have been turned into videos using MoviePlus (which I understand will not be further updated). Much of that material can be downloaded from my website which is at http://www.ariadnetrue.co.uk/. My photo library on flickr has some 20,000 images and will pass 1 million views some time this year. see https://www.flickr.com/photos/r36ariadne/. None of my utput is commercial.

I have just examined Affinity Designer, and it is impressive. But my main interest will be in the photo application and the interaction with products like PagePlus. It would help my evaluation to have some idea of the product range that is proposed and the timetable - to the extent that such information is not commercially sensitive.

A few years ago, I upgraded my photographic equipment and started shooting images in raw. I was advised to use Photoshop Elements for processing raw images, and I have been doing so since. I also use the same product for organising and cataloguing my images. The cataloguing and backup of 20,000 images is a daunting task, and I have yet to be persuaded that Photostack is as good. Recently I have almost been persuaded to upgrade to Lightroom, but I am hoping that the Affinity Windows range will deliver the horsepower I am looking for, especially with regard to raw processing.

Hi,

I'm Don.

Done a bit of graphics in the past but on different platforms to MAC. Started with Acorn and graduated to Acorn RISC machine where I met Serif products. Used Virtual PC on RISC machine and migrated to the IBM Clones using Windows((from Windows 95 onward - now on Windows 10) and Ubuntu operating systems.

Graphics programmes used in the past include Vector (an early drawing programme on the Acorn), Artworks(Acorn), Illustrator, Corel Draw, Inkscape, Xara Studio, Xara Designer, Serif DrawPlus and a few others. 

I am looking forward to test-driving Affinity Designer. What I have seen so far seems really promising. 

A program I can purchase without a subscription.. I like that idea.  Thanks for letting me play with the Beta.

Thanks to the Affinity team for bringing your designer program to Windows.

I do volunteer work and make things usually in Adobe PS.

while I am still getting my head around designer (beta) I have already created a Certificate of recognition for our Acquired brain (ABI) swimming team that will be presented to them individually next week.

Some teething problems and some new ways of doing things but I was surprised at how much i could do without reading any instructions!

Look forward to your windows path growing.

Thanks.

Hi I'm Gustavo, Im a Freelancer and I do animation, ghrapic designs, Illustration, photography and Web Designs, was looking a good software to bought in replace of AI two years ago when I found Serif Draw Plus. After That I bougth the 4 products, Draw, Page, Photo and Web Plus and I was very happy with all of then.

When they say that they decide to go in the other direction about make Affinity line of product because they want to take the Mac market I was happy to be tooked in the testing for the Windows Branch. Until now I'm happy about the design and the similarities and trying to help with the bugs and all. Waiting soon we (Windows users) also get the final version more fast and without bugs.

Affinity Designer Group both Languages

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityDesignerUsers

Mi Canal de Youtube en Español

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOv8S3NnaDU1GxvwujF-uzA

Hello ! I am Jim . Using Full Adobe Creative Suite And Photo Plus X8 , Draw Plus X8.

Also Have Painter 2016.

Have Nik Collection,Topaz Suite,Filter Forge5,Fluid Mask 3, Photo Zoom 4 For Plugins.

Taking Classes in Photo Shop And Illustrator,Cert Video Production.

Use Reaper For Audio.

Have Souns Soap Pro for Audio Cleaning.

:)

Hi,
My name is Ivan. I am commercial photographer, Windows and CC user. Thank you for the opportunity to try Affinity Designer. I am getting to grips with it at the moment, it seems very intuitive so far. I had my appetite whetted at the Photography Show (NEC) for the forthcoming release of Affinity Photo for Windows, after trying Designer I am looking forward to it even more. Thanks again.

Did you really mean to choose your email address as your username, Tony? It's likely to be seen as an open invitation to spammers. :(

By the way, it's Affinity, not Infinity. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi all, my name is Peter and my job is mainly photography and cinematography. I used some Seriff video software in past as not demanding but good enough platform for simple in situ editing and I am very happy to see and check new Affinity products for Windows. For my day job I am using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, in past had some experience with Corel Draw and Illustrator in terms of vector graphic. I am also a huge fan of Linux and currently do all my video workflow using Lightworks for Linux as an editing tool, and Audacity and Reaper for sound.

Hi.

I am Roger and I live in Solihull in the UK.

I retired from a longish career in telecoms just under 2 years ago.

I have been a user of Serif products for some time.

Looking forward to trying out Affinity designer on Windows.  First impressions are good.

Noticed over the years that it is increasing hard to find any bugs and faults in increasingly complex and capable programs.  

Hope we can have some fun as well...

-

Roger

Hi, I'm Matt Priestley and I'm one of the Affinity developers. I'll try to help out on any topic, but particularly anything relating to tools, views and document drawing as they're the bits I'm mostly responsible for writing.

Feel free to join me and introduce yourself, too! :)

Hi Matt,

I own an older Mac Pro (2009) and I am running separate Mac OS Xs on separate Hard Drives… this includes Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion, Yosemite and El Capitan. I started with Affinity Designer on OS X Mountain Lion and have since moved files to Yosemite. (I am still working the bugs out of El Capitan.)

Something odd happens when I launch Suitcase Fusion 7 (or 5 or 6) first — when I launch Affinity Designer on my Yosemite login, it refuses to open any of my files, saying that I don’t have privileges to open them. Only occasionally does this happen on my Mountain Lion login.

BUT… if I launch Affinity Designer first, then launch Suitcase 7, then it works OK, unless I am missing a font, then I have to load the font and hope that Affinity Designer won’t crash or refuse to open the file I was working on...

This does not happen in Quark, InDesign, Word, FreeHand MX, Illustrator, Photoshop or any other layout/illustration/image editing software on my Mac. Those apps allow for “plug-ins” of the Suitcase Fusion software, except Word which loads fonts differently than the other apps.

So, in order to use Affinity Designer I often must load fonts into the System Fonts via Apple’s Font Book, which defeats the purpose of having 4,000 fonts at my disposal via Suitcase Fusion. And, once I launch Suitcase Fusion, I cannot quit Suitcase and use Affinity Designer because it just won’t work. I have to restart and launch Affinity Designer first.

Do you have a work around for this?

At this point, I am not using Affinity Designer as much as I could be because of the font limitations.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

-GenoaJenn

——————————

Jenn in Genoa

Hi folks, I am retired now but worked part time shooting school photos with a good friend of mine, and started in the 70's doing the same but with an RB67 (anyone remember using a dark bag?). A former Canon shooter I now prefer the Sony Alpha mirrorless line-up.

I am currently looking at Affinity to use in addition with my other editing software (non-subscription). While Designer looks good I will wait for the Windows version of Photo before I can evaluate it.

Dave

Hello,

retired, photo hobbyist. Lived in the US but now living on my boat in the Caribbean.... B) . Affinity Photo is my first venture into 'pixel editing' software, until now my main editing software is Capture One 9.2 (latest release). Because of my environment I am restricted to the use of my Macbook Pro retina only.

So far I am very impressed with my new software and can already see it opening a whole new world of image manipulating possibilities for me. (Taking the Udemy learning courses right now)

I am VERY curious to see the promised offering of a DAM solution to complement the current Affinity line of products! 

Hi everyone,

I'm Martigny and I write and illustrate non-fiction philosophical/self-help books (under a different name :P). I'm self-published. I've been using Serif products for many years now; Webplus to create my website, Drawplus to create my illustrations/book covers and Pageplus to design the interior layouts for my books and make ready for uploading to my printer. Hopefully Affinity will come out with a DP soon and I will replace Pageplus with that; however, Pageplus does the job nicely.

Loving Affinity Designer so far but not had too much of a chance to get to know it well enough ... but I will.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

My name is Marvin Reinhart. I am retired and photography is my hobby. I am looking forward to beta testing Affinity Photo for Windows. I have been watching the Tutorials for the Mac so I can become familiar with the functions and capabilities. Looks like exactly what I need to compliment what I do with DxO Optics Pro.