You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

1 hour ago, Jerry W. said:

Hi I'm Jerry w. and new to Affinity and like many here am an old time Photoshop user. I'm stymied out of the gate on how to get live preview. I have the 32 bit preview checked, but the work window for that does not light up. What am I not doing right. Thanks

Not sure what you are doing. Can you put up a screenshot of what the problem is? Be better in the Support and Questions bit of the forum.

Hi! My name is Cyn and I am a SERIF user from way back at the beginning. I had no idea they sold off, and now I am trying to find my Product Keys. I failed to write them down and the drive (where the programs were installed) failed and I lost all that data. It has been an ordeal and is apparently a disaster that keeps on giving! lol...

Well, I hope to be able to track it all down and to explore what Affinity has to offer!

Best always,
Cyn

• 4 weeks later...

blinky-lights-x-1000.jpg.a7432f03829166e0a85d8c2450e86ec2.jpg

Hello all!

I'm unfamiliar with any Serif products but recently learned of Affinity Photo through conversation with a new friend who has been using it in his drone imagery HDR & panorama work.

I've been an Adobe user for many years (primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and never bought into the CC business model for various reasons. Now that I'm retired, the affordability of the software is yet another reason. So I've been pretty much stuck at Adobe Design & Web Premium Creative Suite 6 since April 2012, and is why Andrew's remarks about Affinity Photo got me here in the first place.

Will there ever be an Affinity Creative Suite set at a bundled price rather than a la carte?

Hi @Kelly Bellis

At the moment, no such bundle is planned. Maybe in the future, but that will not be announced here, but on the product website.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

@Kelly Bellis

You are welcome.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

hi all!

i'm a long-time graphic designer and digital artist, ever since i got my own copy of Photoshop when i was 10. i can't remember when i discovered Affinity, probably sometime in 2017-2018 after my college subscription to Creative Cloud ran out, but i'm so glad i found it. i'm a designer that covers a lot of ground, but whose main focus is in UI/UX and digital work.

can't wait to see how far Affinity progresses in the coming years! :D

A mi lo que me atrajo de Affinity es que es un solo pago, es muy cómodo trabajar los programas , especialmente Affinity publisher, no me gustaría qué pasara un creative Affinity, Dios nos libre de un Affinity Creative Cloud, donde nunca llega hacer tu programa y tuvieras que pagar mensualidades .

Es muy bueno el programa, pero le falta avanzar mucho, en estructura , en mecanismos que hagan más automáticos los procesos como el de corte de Photoshop .

Y como el líder es Adobe en todo, no todos los impresores tienen Affinity, se necesita más compatibilidad con adobe, para recibir y mandar vectores, igual en los pds, que si bien cierto que tiene compatibilidad , no es en todo.

No me mal entendían me gustan mucho los programas de Affinity, los consejos son para que se mejore aspectos que yo veo .

Hay mucho material en las páginas de stock como la de freepik que es puro material sacado de Adobe y cuando se pasa Affinity, si son diseños degradados 3D o muy complejos, se modifican bien feo, y si son diseños de vectores sencillos, te los acepta muy bien, igual al revés.

Hechenle ganas amigos de serif , espero con mucha expectativa , la siguiente actualización que se ha hecho esperar.

Hi Affinity Persons

It is interesting to see the number of creative people involved in developing Affinity programs.

My only observation was the dates on the first dozen or so are 2014. There are some from 2015.

What has happened in the last 8 years? Not a good look if Affinity doesn't update people introducing themselves.

nb I am a Graphic Designer in Canberra Australia.

4 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

Perhaps for this list the most recent should be at the beginning of the list obviously not on p1

The posts in this “Introduce Yourself” thread are listed in increasing date/time order, as with all of the threads in these forums.
This gives the forums some consistency as each thread is organised in the same way.
It also means that if new users want to introduce themselves, they need to understand a bit about how the forums work before they can do so.
I don’t see a reason for this changing, although it might be nice if each user is given the option to sort posts (in any thread) in their preferred order.

11 minutes ago, GarryP said:

The posts in this “Introduce Yourself” thread are listed in increasing date/time order, as with all of the threads in these forums.
This gives the forums some consistency as each thread is organised in the same way.
It also means that if new users want to introduce themselves, they need to understand a bit about how the forums work before they can do so.
I don’t see a reason for this changing, although it might be nice if each user is given the option to sort posts (in any thread) in their preferred order.

Quite true,  was hasty in my comment. I will be more circumspect next time

6 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

Perhaps for this list the most recent should be at the beginning of the list

It’s easy to jump to the last page if that’s what you prefer to see first.

5CD23ECB-AC4C-406C-9C78-1EF52C725D56.thumb.jpeg.6d28c3c5b530d12d338a212adbf13a40.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

G'Day All,

I guess like a lot of folks here, I'm a convert here from Adobe CC. A good friend has been trying to turn me on to Affinity Photo for a while now, but from the name, I made the (all-too-hasty) assumption it was for photographers only. While I was a professional photographer for a number of years, I've gone back to my roots of painting, only now digitally. I've been painting using Ps but it's been giving me more grief than usual of late and so when I went looking for an alternative (especially to the subscription model), I finally came on over here. It's quite a change after 20 years of CC, but a really good change. I'm very impressed with the product and while I still have a lot to learn about the details of the brushes and settings that go with them, the program is so intuitive that after only a couple of days I'm back to working on a painting I started in Ps. So my friend was right, and I should have listened to him a year ago when he first suggested trying this program out (but please don't tell him that - I'm already hearing it in both ears from him 😉). Anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to many hours of enjoyment with Photo.

Glenn

Mac Studio, Monterey (latest version) / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD Storage / Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro (latest drivers) / Affinity Photo & Designer v 1.10.5

https://glennsart.myportfolio.com

16 minutes ago, Chrys said:

Bonjour, je m’appelle Chrys et j’habite en France.

Je suis graveur de partitions musicales et fais donc beaucoup de mise en page 🙂 avec la suite Affinity !

Bien à vous

Bienvenue sur les Forums Chrys!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Just a quick hello and introduction. I’m an artist and illustrator migrating from adobe like so many other people.

Very new to Affinity although I’ve been aware of the packages for quite a while. Even recommended and “sold” the packages to friends on the strength of only a quick test of trial versions.

I bought the full Affinity suite for desktop during the recent sale and I’m adding the ipad versions now.

A little disappointed to discover there isn’t an ipad version of publisher yet. It hadn’t entered my head that there wouldn’t be a full set for ipad.

Looks like it’s on it’s way though, albeit with no definite date as yet. Hoping soon! Be good to have all three on the same tablet.

Okay so.. that’s a very little about me. Off for a look around the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Maksim from Ivanovo, Russia.

I'm musician, photo hobbyist, video/filmmaking hobbyist. I also work in IT (networking administration, a little bit of scripting and programming/development mostly for web). Also I like to work with audio (recording, mixing, sound design, podcasting, mastering my own tracks, etc).

I use Affinity Photo to do some little retouching of photos that I made and for making artworks for my music releases. Also I love to do some other graphics stuff in AP for my personal "household" needs.

Happy to be part of the Affinity community and family.

I wish all to have pleasure working with Serif / Affinity products and being creative in general.

Hi I'm Matt from Wichita, Kansas.

I'm an amateur/semi-pro photographer, self-taught graphics design hobbyist. I'm a lover of all things music too.  Long time Windows user that is struggling to make the switch to a predominately using a Mac (still plan to have my Windows PC around as a back-up, crutch and for nostalgia)

I'm a long-time user of PaintShop Pro  (PSP)...way back back when it was shareware.  I have been on the search for something that is as close to it as possible since I can not use PSP on my new but frustrating MacBook Pro.

I asked recommendations for a PSP replacement for Macs in the Apple Support Community and this was one app that was suggested, so I'm on the 10 day trial now.  I can pretty much say that I'll probably be buying it!  I did two projects to test it and the first one took about a minute longer than what I could do on PSP. The other probably 5 minutes longer.  

The longer time on the first one was more because I'm still learning the Mac iOS, the second one was learning iOS & features in Affinity.  A google search on ways to do somethings in that app brought me here.  So I'm ecstatic that there is what looks like an awesome forum supporting the Affinity...so you all might have to put up with my stupid questions ;)

Cheers! 🍻

Hi @Mapanggulo

There are no stupid questions, but often stupid answers.
In this sense, welcome to the forum.

On 8/21/2022 at 7:04 PM, Mapanggulo said:

Long time Windows user that is struggling to make the switch to a predominately using a Mac (still plan to have my Windows PC around as a back-up, crutch and for nostalgia)

@Mapanggulo<LOL> I did that 6 years ago :) . Have never looked back. Both OS' have their merits of course so it tends to be a personal choice. I must admit though, I've never regretted the decision. Hang in there - you'll get it and it will all be second nature before you know it. Welcome to the forum, and enjoy Affinity :) .

Mac Studio, Monterey (latest version) / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD Storage / Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro (latest drivers) / Affinity Photo & Designer v 1.10.5

https://glennsart.myportfolio.com