You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hello,

my name is Stefano aka Barninga and I live in Turin, Italy.

I am an amateur photographer. All that I know about photography and photo retouching is self-taught.

I use to post some of my shots to http://barninga.deviantart.com and http://www.stefanobarni.com. I love to take live musicians portraits every time I have a chance to.

I used to do almost all of my photoediting work with the GIMP. I discovered Affinity Photo a little time ago, tried it and purchased. I am enthusiast of it, since it offers a number of professional features i had been feeling the need of since some time now.

take care, and see you in the forums.

stefano

take care,

stefano

Hi All!

My name is Jose from Madrid, Spain. First, I'd like to wish you all happy new year 2016!

Although I'm not a photographer, photography makes me disconnect from my daily routine! I used to use PS for small retouch, panorama and multiexposure photography, but as I'm not an intensive user, I was looking for something affordable but powerful enough for moving myself to an upper level. I found AP and there is where I'm going to stay :).

I plan launching a personal photo project during summer'16 and I hope AP helps me to improve the result. I'm now eager to learn! Pretty sure I'll be back to you guys for help and advice!

Have fun in this new year and see you around!

J.

Hi there.

Very amateur and in a mess with PS Elements (organiser and editor), iPhoto (which I liked and no longer use) and Photo (which I have big doubts over). Been using the Canon photo professional 4.x instead of PSE of late for basic RAW adjustments.

Need a good organiser and editor that is within my capability.

So, on with the trial, and trying the extension for photo to see if it all gels for me.

Hi I'm warren

i've been using illustrator since 98 for work

and Designer is quickly making me a fan I love that i finally own up to date graphics programs (feels good)

check me out at www.warrendezigns.com

as a designer its always under contruction

Hi folks,

I'm Gal. Just got a shiny new Mac for Christmas. I was a PC user since computers were birthed. Always used MS photo editing. I shopped around and Affinity Photo looked great. Now I am like a person who has never been around a computer! I'm trying to learn all kinds of symbols and vocabulary I'm not accustomed to.

I've watched loads of tutorials which are superbly put together.

If anyone can pass any sage advice on how to logically start this learning process please feel free to pass it along. For example are there tutorials that start with the most fundamental actions like how to open a project and onward into infinity?

Thanks everyone. This really looks like a great product and I want to use it to the fullest but I really need to start at ground level.

Gal

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

~Gandhi

If anyone can pass any sage advice on how to logically start this learning process please feel free to pass it along. For example are there tutorials that start with the most fundamental actions like how to open a project and onward into infinity?

Thanks everyone. This really looks like a great product and I want to use it to the fullest but I really need to start at ground level. Gal

Hi Gal, welcome. Yes there are a few tutorials that focus on the basics, they're at the beginning of the list on this page:

Affinity Photo videos on Vimeo

Best wishes, Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

@Nick,

The photos used to create the panorama must have overlapping areas with recognisable details. If the overlapping areas are too small or lack detail it's difficult to  match/process the images.

It should have been easy. It was a church taken right from the front with two portrait format shots with a 1/3 overlapping. The stiching was not good. But it's no big deal. For my panoramas I use Hugin which shines in that trade.

I intend to use Affinity for other purposes.

Nick

Hey everyone I'm Ocean Pearls :) really that's just an alias but hello just the same,

I've been using photoshop for a long time, but recently got a new macbook pro. So instead of spend zillions of dollars on adobe photoshop I'm hoping to get just as proficient in affinity photo. I also bought and would like to learn designer. Hope to have lots of forum fun here.

Hello, I am Fred Regan an advanced amateur photographer in Michigan. I just purchased and downloaded Affinity Photo and I must say it is beyond what I expected. Affinity Photo puts Photoshop to shame. I have used Photoshop Elements 13 and found it not user friendly. I much prefer Affinity Photo. I do like the video tutorials, they help getting used to this awesome photo editing program. I am amazed all the depth and complexity that has been developed into this program, it will take me a while to learn what I need to edit my photographs.

My cameras are two Nikon D610's with individual lenses, one for walking around--24-85mm and a telephoto of 28-300mm.

You can check out some of my efforts on Flickr. Search Fred Regan. Keep up the good work on the software.

Hi I'm Shahin from Hamburg/Germany. Actually I'm a Director/Editor but I started with graphics and you know its not easy to stop. I chose AD and AP since I wanted to be Adobefree. And I'm impressed how modern (nondestructive operations e.g.) these tools are. I missed some stuff in the beginning but after a small search I found most of my questions answered. Mostly in this forum :)

Big thanks to the developers and the community of course!

Hi guys. This is Svenja from Kiel/Germany. New to Affinity Photo and new to the forum.

My goal is to replace my old Photoshop Elements with AP and the first steps already look quite promising.

It's nice to be here. 

Svenja

Hi

I'm John from Tomintoul in the snowy Scottish Highlands. I was brought up on a diet of Photoshop and Illustrator - until they sucked all the money out my wallet! Now migrating to Affinity - and very, very impressed. Certainly suits my needs. Look forward to speaking with many of you guys in the future!

John

Hello, I'm an amateur vector / raster package user.  I've been creating this type of graphics for around 20 years.

I started with Corel Draw (Canadian developer) in the 1990's, then Xara (British - pro aircraft design package converted for general use), Corel Xara (Corel bought Xara), Xara Photo and Graphic Designer (Don't know company history - broke from Corel I believe) and finally Affinity Designer.

I dumped my Windows systems and hence Xara (PC platform) and bought a Macbook Pro.  I bought Affinity Designer because

• Recommended by Apple
  • I used Serif PagePlus (Excellent alternative to expensive Pagemaker) in the 1990's

Affinity has all I expected from past experience plus more.  Well done Serif. A beautiful package.

Chad 

Hello to all.  I am a committed Lightroom (perpetual licence) user together with Photoshop Elements for pixel editing. I have however found with the latest releases of PSE from Adobe they have become very much beginner orientated so am giving Affinity Photo a try. Looks good at first impression !!

Regards.

iMac 16 gb Ram

Canon 70D

Lightroom 6, Affinity Photo, PSE14. On One Photo10.

Hi Jan Willem here.

Four days ago I bought this wonderful program for 50 euros. Now Affinity changed the price to 50% of it...

This does not give a good feeling ;-(((

Hi Jan. That's an Apple feature promotion. The normal price is still incredible value, you'll reap the benefits every day.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Hello all.  My name is Mike Waller and I am just getting into digital photography after a long hiatus from film (Kodachrome, mostly).  I live in the high desert of central Oregon which provides fantastic opportunities for photography, so decided to get involved again as a serious hobby.  I have finally decided to use AP Photo after trying other programs, but they just did not seem compatible with my new macbook pro.  So here I am, retired IBM'er, moving to mac OSX from a lifetime of PC's.  Easy transition and don't know why I did not do it sooner!  Look forward to learning from the forum and its experience base, and asking the occasional dumb question.  Cheers!