You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hello,

I'm one year into a reluctant retirement and am attempting to resuscitate my creative self. As a (very) amateur photographer, I've been spending much of the abundance of free time I now have on acquainting myself with an inherited digital camera (Canon EOS 20D; 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses), as well as experimenting with iPhone-ography. The latest version of Photoshop I worked with was Photoshop 6.0, which resides on a very dead PC CPU. Hence, I was extremely happy to discover Affinity Photo and Designer and that they're specifically developed for the Mac. Now that I'm on a fixed income, paying a monthly fee to Adobe was out of the question. I'm enjoying the time I'm spending with AP and look forward to future developments with it. Thank you, Serif, for keeping the price more than reasonable!

• Staff

Hello all,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

@etoscano

The Help file covers extensively all the features of each program. You can also find a complete set of tutorials for Affinity Designer here and for Affinity Photo here.

Additionally, Affinity Review is an eZine dedicated to everything about Affinity and includes some written and video tutorials covering some more subjects in depth.
We are also planning a handbook for later. If you have any question about the software just post here in the Forums. There's always users and staff around willing to help.

Hi,

I’m Daryl Askey: Design Instructor and freelance graphic artist. I have taught graphic design courses at various colleges in Vancouver, Canada — mostly using the big competitor’s tools. I’m impressed by Photo and Designer. You guys are making things very interesting. Keep it up.

Hi,

My name is François Deretz (aka DEF13). I live in Marseille, France.

I'm a professional graphic design since 1996 and a professional studio photographer since 2008.

I was fallen in graphic design in 1990 after using Corel Draw and 2 years later, Corel Photopaint ... But during my studies, I had to enter to the "Adobe univers" ...
I work with Photoshop and Illustrator for 22 years :
- Photoshop for graphic design or photo retouching (models or jewellery)
- Illustrator for graphic design or logo design

When Adobe decided to pass to CC, I decided to stop invest in their suite ... Fortunatly, I discover Affinity Designer and your Photo project. I have downloaded your betas to test your products in my production pipeline. 2 days ago, I bought Affinity Photo and ... INCREDIBLE !!! You've done a great job with this software.

I will humbly propose you some features to improve the way to use Affinity Photo (specifically some details that's are really helpful during a "hardcore" retouching).

Hi,

I'm Harnatz, i live in Jakarta, Indonesia.

I love many things about design and photography for hobby

i'm using photoshop and illustrator for more than 10 years, and i stop using it because adobe decided to using subscribe systems.

your applications coming right on time, and i love using it, thank you Affinity  :)

Greetings, my name is Mike and I am a professional photographer based in Walnut Creek California . Long time Adobe Photoshop user all the way from version 7 and stopped at CS6. - really upset with some of the CS6 bugs that were only fixed in subscription model - don’t get me started on the CS6 crop fiasco……..

We can process around 300 images a day, using Bridge/ACR to ingest and apply initial corrections then Photoshop for the final touches. Don’t use Lightroom never really took to it.

I read some great reviews about Affinity Photo so went out and invested in a Mac Mini and purchased AP through the App Store. To say I am impressed with AP is an understatement and have gotten to the point where my some of my final client files are finished in AP. Notably a large panorama for an advertising project which we created from 10 images from the Pentax 645z (50.1 Megapixels). Did an admirable job and had a very pleased client. Not a bad start considering we only started on December 14. :D 

Would love to me able to move completely away from Adobe but really need an equivalent of Bridge to be able to manage lots of images - when you process large volumes of images productivity is key. Being able to select multiple RAW images and being able to tweak exposure, contrast and apply lens correction to the batch of images is a real time saver.  

As a foot note we also purchased Affinity Designer. Wow really impressed!! We have already used the AD to create a couple of custom flyers for a client. The only issue I have with AD at the moment is being restricted with the Place tool being limited to the same file type as the original. Would love the ability to “Replace” a TIFF file with a PSD file and vice versa - that would be a great time saver when working with multiple image types.

Looking forward to the future and hope a that a Bridge and In Design type products are not too far away

Cheers

Mike

Hello MikeKPhoto #539 I just wanted to let you know that Adobe Bridge is now being offered for free even if you don't have Photoshop.

Regards,

Jose

Yes I was aware and have a copy running on one of our Windows machines - but I am having a problem using it with ACR - error message you don't have any qualifying products so for me it is essentially an image browser,  But Bridge with CS6 works just fine for me - just wishing there was an Affinity version of Bridge along with RAW processing that would handle multiple images

MK

I think maybe I am not explaining myself correctly.  I use Bridge CS6 & Photoshop CS6  as well as Affinity Photo 1.4  and they all work together just fine.

What I would like to see, so I can ditch Adobe completely, would be a Bridge like application from Affinity that would enable me to review, search, rate and select multiple images to work on with their RAW processing engine.

MK

I think maybe I am not explaining myself correctly.  I use Bridge CS6 & Photoshop CS6  as well as Affinity Photo 1.4  and they all work together just fine.

What I would like to see, so I can ditch Adobe completely, would be a Bridge like application from Affinity that would enable me to review, search, rate and select multiple images to work on with their RAW processing engine.

MK

Mikek, there will be in the future. The team are working with it now. I don't know when, and I don't think they will tell. ;)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Hi, I´m Helmut. Living in a main industrial are in West Germany. Thanks to the team of affinity for this great piece of really affordable software. I´m running around with a pentax K50 trying to catch some good moments with dogs in action. Dogs are my hobby and therefore making pictures and movies of training and working tests. Looking forward to taking par of this community.

A dog will never lie to you.

Hi all

I am an amateur photographer and I am not creative, i.e. I don't apply filters or do effects. I usually say I do postcards.  ;)  My pics are sort of documentary in essence.

I convert my RAWs with DxO OpticsPro.

I just tested and then purchased AP.

What I needed first is what I call garbage collection, i.e. impainting of lines, posts, signs, etc. For this purpose AP rocks! I was impressed by my very first tests. Yet I'll have some feature suggestions on this topic (unless it already had been suggested).

I'll need also the Bokeh tool but I haven't tried is yet.

I did a small test of the panorama feature but it didn't work well, maybe because the pics I used were not adapted.

Regards

Nick