You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hello,

My name is Rob and I live in the United States. I am a software programmer/architect for business and mobile devices. I have been creating my graphics using tools that have some graphical capabilities and cost substantially less than the big names. I will admit that my graphics could benefit from software engineered for the task. I purchased Affinity Designer yesterday. I watched the tutorials yesterday and I am very impressed. I look forward to working with this software.

Rob

Hi,  I'm from upstate New York here in the US, and I'm more than excited to have found Affinity Photo!!  I've resisted PhotoShop partly because of price (and now their ransom fees!), but also because I really wanted a native Mac app.  I've used Aperture and got Pixelmator early on.  With the end of support for Aperture, I started looking for alternatives, excluding PS, of course.  I knew that Aperture and Pixelmator didn't have all the tools that I wanted, and when I found Affinity Photo a couple days ago I couldn't believe my eyes when I read all the positive reviews and also the statements that AP was equal to and even better than PS in many areas!!  I've read as many reviews as my eyes could take and couldn't find ANY real negatives!  And the price is within my budget, too!!  So I've downloaded the free trial version and I'm starting my journey!

About me--I'm a photographer, an avid reader, and a longtime breeder of Scottish Deerhounds (hence my avatar).  I will forever be a student, learning what I can from each opportunity, and I'm glad to have the opportunity with Affinity Photo.

Hi, I'm Xavier, a freelance web developer and graphic designer from Barcelona,Spain, currently living in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.

I'm pretty excited about adding Affinity Designer to my workflow. I have been using the trial for the past 2 days and I couldn't be happier with it. I've just purchased it and it feels like a great investment.

I can't wait for the next big update to start working with art boards!

See you around!

Hi, I'm Petej, just download the free trail, I have been a Lightroom user since LR3 now on LR6, and I'm hoping Affinity will slot in as an editing package with LR.

I am using Fugfilm x lenses so it will be interesting to see if I can use their Raw files with affinity .

Hi all, my name is Kevin-Jay Pöhl and I am a UX & UI Designer from South Africa, currently living and working in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

I started using Photoshop back in 1998, and these days I jump between many products like Sketch3, Pixelmator and now Affinity Designer. I'm a current Creative Cloud subscriber (by ransom, not by choice).

Seeing Affinity Designers' speed and performance for the first time was a dream come true, especially on the iMac 5k Retina. After my trial period I committed and bought Affinity Designer, I'm still in trial with Photo.. I have very high expectations of the Affinity line of products, especially in the field of UI Design. There hasn't been a great deal of action in the Design tooling market for a long time. Sketch was the first major competitor to Photoshop for designers who were using it for serious web, mobile and product Design work, and I hope very much that Affinity Designer can be the second wave that'll blow the others away.

A big thanks to the whole team behind Affinity Designer & Photo, you guys are changing lives. Keep it up!

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Innovation is often the product of constraint

Hi, I'm Massimo from Italy, I'm a software engineer working in automation sector. I'm starting to reinvent myself as a web developer. I always loved graphics and all the world of digital imaging. I purchased some weeks ago AD to create a logo for a friend, it took me 2 half days only to have a simple and nice logo ready (and liked by my friend)!

For photo editing I purchased Pixelmator some months ago when I switched to Mac (thank you Apple for your fantastic Macbook and OS X, why I used for so many years Windows I don't know)  but I think I will buy Affinity Photo too.

Congratulations for your very fine software creations and for giving everyone the opportunity to use very very good sw at an affordable price. Thank you.

Hi everybody, greetings form México City!!

I'm a graphic designer and like most of the people here I'm been using Illustrator for many years because it was the only professional solution available. I started using Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo since the first betas and was quite impressed how good worked. Now, I finally buy the Affinity Designer app and I hope soon don't have need of Illustrator anymore. Also I hope soon I could have Affinity Photo in my computer too.

Excellent work guys, I'm impatient to see how it gets better over the time and please, don't get "acquire" by Adobe, you don't want to left us in the dark.  :)

P.D. Thanks for the free trial option, it save me when I updated to El Capitan in my iMac one weekend and Illustrator didn't work.

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.

Hi, I'm Adam Bell and I run an independent web design studio in Los Angeles. I also run the Los Angeles Adobe User Group (http://laadug.org/) which before you get confused, used to be an all-Adobe User Group until May 2015 and now involves all facets of Creative Tech. We're planning to work with Affinity on Designer and Photo presentations at some of our events and hope to meet local LA-area Affinity users here on this forum.

Well... Hello!

We are Neko and Edward. Neko is a Cat, Edward is his human. Neko is a designer, Edward is his translator. ;)

We are pleased to met you.

>^..^<

FatCatStud!o | Soft paws design | Only good bites | Wanna pet the Cat? | Dribbble (a place where Cat purrrs)

[translated by Edward  the Cat's human]

Hi,

I am a artist, graphic designer, & aspiriing illustrator from the US and I have been keeping an eye on the Affinity software since Affinity Designer was in beta, and I must admit that I do want to get the Affinity Suite. I heard about Affinity from a article on CreativeBloq that covered Affinity Designer (which was in beta at the time), and I liked it a lot. So I kept a eye on Affinity Designer from the get-go and I just love the program. Now, I plan to get the full Affinity Suite sometime in the near future.

Hi there! I'm Ian from the heart of Canadian Rockies! Just about over a year OS X user as a replacement for my 10 year old Windows laptop. Was looking for AI and AP alternatives, I'm glad I found Serif's Designer and Photo. Very affordable and reliable. As far as I know, the team behind these softwares are very interactive and consider users' requests and recommendations, which is excellent! I'm very excited and looking forward for further improvements on these. You guys ROCK!!! Angels sent for Graphic Designers :D  :rolleyes: !!! :ph34r:

Guest bfmcmillen

Hi Folks,

I'm Barb McMillen and have been a user of Corel products, MetaCreations, Poser, Bryce, DazStudio for years. Then switched platforms. Now using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Was using Lightroom, iPhotos and PhotoShop CS6.  Corel has dropped the Mac, PhotoShop has moved toward rental ... both need to be redeveloped into something that works on new machines and in the hands of new young artists.  Not that I'm young, but I like to think I'm youthful :)

I've beta tested for several known companies and I'm hoping in my way I can add something to the development of Serif software. Hoping this software stays in the hands of the artists / users and that none of us has to access a cloud.

Looking forward to Learning Photo and regaining some vector tools by moving to Designer. Hoping also to use Apple's Photos with extensions to bridge the loss of Aperture and Lightroom (which I never felt comfortable with) 

Hello to all.

Barb

hi,

i'm Ian, freelance graphic designer in the UK: longtime user of Quark, more or less since they invented it in the 80s, Photoshop, and inDesign since Quark took their position for granted and started to decline. Though I think Adobe software on the whole is pretty good, I'm frustrated at how they're exploiting their more or less monopoly on professional design software, and really don't like the subscription model.

So, i've been very interested to read about the Affinity programmes, which seem like the first real alternative to Adobe in a long time. I'm especially interested in your plans for Publisherbut there doesn't seem to be much activity on the Publisher pages; in fact they're kind of hard to find.

I've appreciated Photo pitching itself at professional users of Photoshop, and hoping Publisher is going to take on InDesign in the same way. 

On the Publisher forum, the last info (posted in April, I think) was that there was a planned public Beta coming early in 2016. If that's still the case, I'd imagine the design must be quite far advanced by now: can you tell us anythng about what the software will include?

My own interest is in multi-page, cmyk documents, with the kind of typographic control that InDesign can do at character and paragraph level; and hoping that you're aiming for the kind of easy back and forth between page layout and picture editing in Publisher and Photo that Adobe manages between InDesign and Photoshop. My wish list would include precise positioning of elements using x+y co-ordinates, a baseline and document grids that page elements can snap to; flexible and multiple master pages; output to high res pdf (since it will be a wee while before Publisher is standard software in printshops)...

I'd appreciate any hint of how far Publisher intends to aim at the 'professional' market: what can you tell us?

After [Adobe] pushed their subscription/cloud model down their users throats I already started to panic that some day the software I paid for won't be supported anymore and I'd be stuck with an outdated OS or hardware. This is quite limiting and oppressive, to say the least. I also find the notion very disturbing, that by subscribing, the software you pay for can never be "yours". It takes away agency and I am not willing to support such philosophy. 

thanks for putting that into words: i've been pretty uneasy about the adobe model, and knew it wasn't just about the money. you put it better than i could have.

Hello everyone. I'm Paul, from Penzance in Cornwall and I had an "interesting" experience - with many others obviously - with Adobe yesterday. One of the other peopel affected recommended Affinity and here I am. Spent 10 minutes with Affinity in the middle of the night and already very impressed. Now wondering where I can get back all the time I wasted. I still do a bit of part time Science teaching as well as my photography.

Hi everybody! Simon Steele here. I am making the transition into the freelance world and have decided to leave the cloud and embrace Affinity. The price and product and updates is all very exciting to me.  I look forward to learning and growing more in the Ps Ai to AD AP switch. 

Thanks for the great vision and great program!

Hi all,

I've just realised that despite registering on here months and months ago, I don't think I ever introduced myself.

I'm Simon, I'm an illustrator/designer from the UK with over 10 years experience. I started initially using Photoshop 7, then Freehand 5.5, before I discovered Illustrator and became a vector addict. I still have Adobe CS5 on my mac at home, but I refuse to go the CC subscription route, so I was incredibly excited when I saw AD was being developed. I bought it when it was first released, but sad to say I haven't really had time to sit down and use it a lot since:( Trying to make up for that now though.

www.houseofdeadleg.co.uk / dribbble.com/houseofdeadleg

Hi all,

My name is John Daoust. Back in my college days (1971-1973), I had a 35mm camera and took a lot of photos. Life got in the way of that hobby until I retired in 2013. I purchased a Nikon D5200 and started taking photos again. I had bought a copy of Photoshop Elements 2008 and was not that impressed with it. I purchased AP a few months ago and am in the learning stages with some recent, not-to-bad results.

I love the power and flexibility of AP and hope to create some really nice photos.

Thanks for making an excellent program so affordable.

John

Hi I'm Allen, and I am very excited to be learning how to use the Affinity photo/design package.
I plan to go from the Trial version to the real deal in a few days; meanwhile I am doing a few test projects to get up to speed.  I'm making the transition from Photoshop and Illustrator to Affinity, just have to learn new habits, and figure out how to get a few things done.

Cheers!