You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Practice on simple editing which is what I do a lot of. I do lots of charity work mostly taking photos of people. I try to get it right in camera first then there isn't so much to do but it gets one used to the program. I was using Elements 19 on Windows but changed to Mac and found found it wouldn't work on Catalina. Thank you Adobe!!!!! I did have the Mac disk! Almost all the shots only needed to be cropped. Of course, this is fairly basic work but good practice with a new program and OS. Local AmDram group.

Regards. Pete.

IMGT4416.jpg

IMGT4417.jpg

Hi guys my name is Aitch,  I'm a long time user of Photoshop and Corel Draw here (I hate Illustrator lol)
I recently bought Affinity Photo and Designer and am trying my hand at things.....so far I think they're good and will perservere.
I also wanted to know if Affinity have any plans to do what Adobe have done with regards the 'convert to colour' mode for black and white photographs? 

Thanks

On 11/21/2019 at 12:13 PM, MEB said:

Hi AITCH,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To convert to another colour mode go to menu Document > Convert Format / ICC Profile..., then change the Colour Format dropdown on top from Grey 8 or 16 (if you are working with greyscale images) to RGB 8 or 16.

Thankyou MEB :)  What it is I do photo restorations as a hobby and as you can imagine it's a time consuming and difficult process sometimes. Now In Adobe Essentials 2020 there is an updated feature called automatic photo colourisation (covert to colour is what I called it earlier, apologies for the incorrect wording guys). The latest Adobe Photoshop has also added the same feature. So would Affinity Photo be inclined to do add this same feature?

Thank you again

AITCH

• Staff

Hi AITCH,
Oh, sorry. I missed your point/question completely. I wasn't aware Photoshop already has an automatic colorize feature/function. There's nothing similar in Affinity Photo currently. I suggest you create a new thread/feature request in the Feedback for Affinity Photo on Desktop section. There's no guarantees this will be implemented (that depends on dev team) but they look/monitor that section for new features/requests/feedback from users.

@AITCH: i never knew there is something called auto colouring. Internet search show a few softwares only for this and some of them use artificial intelligence based logic. Also saw many tutorials for photoshop to achieve this colorization in the traditional way. These tutorials are also applicable to affinity photo 95% with some changes in GUI or menus. Ap is a very powerful professional quality software and there are many good video tutorials fot AP. If you spend some time to learn the application it will be easy to apply traditional colouring of a B&W photo and it will give very satisfying results. If you consider the additional time to finetune an auto coloured photo, i think in the end manual and auto will have similar efficiency with manual method ending up better ,pictorially.

• Staff

Doing it manually the traditional way is certainly possible with Affinity Photo. There's a couple of interesting threads/discussions about some techniques to do it, along with some amazing examples shared by @EZeemering you may be interested in checking. Here's the link.

Hello, I just got my Christmas present early. I am looking forward to the things I can design. Been watching tons of videos before the purchase.  It was overwhelmed when I opened it up. Now could someone help me change my K to a different Avatar? Thanks  

"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream." - Vincent Van Gogh

1 hour ago, KobelskiDesigns said:

Hello, I just got my Christmas present early. I am looking forward to the things I can design. Been watching tons of videos before the purchase.  It was overwhelmed when I opened it up. Now could someone help me change my K to a different Avatar? Thanks  

Welcome aboard!  So glad your Christmas came early!!  Be sure to browse through the Resources part of these forums.  You will find all kinds of Styles, Brushes, and Assets kindly offered by Forum members that you can download and install for your use.  Regarding changing your avatar, if you will look in the SEARCH box at the top of the Forums page, and type in "New Profile Pic" you will find several good answers plus a link supplied by Patrick Connor.  Hope this helps.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff
17 hours ago, KobelskiDesigns said:

Hello, I just got my Christmas present early....

Great, welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

17 hours ago, KobelskiDesigns said:

Now could someone help me change my K to a different Avatar? Thanks  

Try now (brand new users on this forum cannot do this as it stops robots and spammers using the avatar for adverts (and stock photos). Your group is now one that can do this.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 11/27/2019 at 11:23 AM, MEB said:

Hi AITCH,
Oh, sorry. I missed your point/question completely. I wasn't aware Photoshop already has an automatic colorize feature/function. There's nothing similar in Affinity Photo currently. I suggest you create a new thread/feature request in the Feedback for Affinity Photo on Desktop section. There's no guarantees this will be implemented (that depends on dev team) but they look/monitor that section for new features/requests/feedback from users.

Thankyou MEB, I appreciate your feedback.

Hi all!

Liam here!

I am a software engineer in Cardiff, UK. as a result of my job, I have been doing a fair amount of design work and really enjoy it. I thought I would try improving my skills and after having a look around online I found that many people recommend many Affinity products as alternatives to other industry standard products and I can say I have been happy with my purchase so far. There may be a few features missing but from what I've seen from the forums and devs, this features will likely be implemented at a later date anyway.

Looking forward to seeing how Affinity progresses in the future! 

Just picked up Designer, Photo, and Publisher on Windows as well as Designer and Photo on iPad.  After trying out the trials and see how full fledged the iPad app is, canceled by Adobe subscription.  

Usually do alot of photo restoration, recoloring and raw editing.  Looking to getting into doing more vector work.  

Loved the ability in Designer to draw and work on a pixel layer and then be able to lay my vector over top.  Also being able to basically use designer and photo in publisher is fantastic.  Can't wait till publisher is released for iPad, will buy it as soon as it is released.

Pleasure to meet you all and thanks Serif for the fantastic software!

• Staff

@Darision, @Tremble, @DoubleAACE, @Hendrin & @Fabrício O. L.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) :) :) :) & :) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi folks, my name is Jeff Jump and I am a full time photographer and graphics artist living in the US Pacific NW.  My photography consists (mostly) of landscapes, still life/product and street photography.  I'm in the process of standing up a photography website, once it's better populated with content I will 'go public' and update my profile with my website URL.

I am a regular user of the Affinity suite of tools in my photography post processing and graphic arts work.  I first purchased Affinity Photo in 2016 looking for a replacement for Photoshop, and soon after added Design and Publish.  As a retired CAD/CAM systems analyst I love the tight integration between the three tool sets.  As an artist I think Serif offers a great set of tools with Affinity that I hope will continue to mature and keep pace with competitors the industry.

I am hoping to be a regular visitor and contributor to the Affinity forum community.

JJ