You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Thanks, great replacement for that over price app I've been using for over 20 years.

Im retired from the military and started graphic design back 1997. now in my older years I've slow down just a bit, only one client ..

The tutorials I've watched so far have been excellent. 

keep up the great work.

Hi, I'm Yann, prepress manager in a french printshop. I work on color management, PDF, Xml, workflow, etc. I'm interested by Affinity that could blow a fresh wind in graphic industries (and arts).

MacBook pro 15" Retina Intel i7 2,3 GHz, 16 GB Ram, OS X 10.10.4

Hi I'm Ted Chien from Taipei, Taiwan. I was an senior software engineers in Ulead Systems 10 years ago and now I work as an Assistant Manager leading an Mobile App team in an Taiwanese telecom company. I just become an new user of Affinity Photo. Nice to know you all.

Think Different, Do Smarter, Work for Joy!!

--

http://about.me/htchien

--

Early 2013 MacBook Pro 15" Retina, Mac OS X 10.10.4

Affinity Photo owner.

Hi, everyone,

My name is William, currently live on the east coast of US. I try to teach myself the art of photography via online tutorials and forums. I came across the Affinity Photo beta version early this year, and just purchased the full version from the App store. I like the product, and looking forward to learn from everyone on this forum.

Sincerely,

William.

P.S. I am currently shooting with fuji pack films (b&w) on a graflex 4x5, as well as 35mm film on M3. Looking forward to purchase a sigma dp3m. 

Hi

I'm Garry located in the UK.  I don't have much experience in any photo software but have used Lightroom and Elements.  I tried the Affinity beta and I although I have a LOT to learn, I think I'm going to love this software.

I just need to apply myself somewhat and hopefully can learn to use even a little bit of this great product.

G

Hi. My name is Jose from Puerto Rico. I recently purchased AP having had the beta for sometime now. I really have great hope this software takes off. I'm watching all tutorials with great interest being a Photoshop user for many years. Competition is good and I really think the design landscape needs Affinity Photo as another alternative. As for everything new, I can understand that Affinity Photo can't come out of the gates "perfect", but I'm patient and I know in time things will get better. Photoshop has been around for 25+ years and I'm not here to knock Photoshop or any other application. But Photoshop also had its beginnings and everything wasn't rosy and in 25 years they have polished their software. Having said that, I know Affinity will do the same. I have high hopes on that. Photoshop is a great program and I still use it, what's not great is their subscription route which I'm not fond of, but that's another story. I still have my CS6 CD which I use. Anyhow I'm so excited on the launch of AP and I'm currently going through the learning curve which is not that steep. I really hope AP launches more tutorials on specific use of its tools in a thorough manner. Glad to be in the community and thanks for accepting me in.

Best regards to all my fellow artists,

Jose

Hi. My name is Jose from Puerto Rico. I recently purchased AP having had the beta for sometime now. I really have great hope this software takes off. I'm watching all tutorials with great interest being a Photoshop user for many years. Competition is good and I really think the design landscape needs Affinity Photo as another alternative. As for everything new, I can understand that Affinity Photo can't come out of the gates "perfect", but I'm patient and I know in time things will get better. Photoshop has been around for 25+ years and I'm not here to knock Photoshop or any other application. But Photoshop also had its beginnings and everything wasn't rosy and in 25 years they have polished their software. Having said that, I know Affinity will do the same. I have high hopes on that. Photoshop is a great program and I still use it, what's not great is their subscription route which I'm not fond of, but that's another story. I still have my CS6 CD which I use. Anyhow I'm so excited on the launch of AP and I'm currently going through the learning curve which is not that steep. I really hope AP launches more tutorials on specific use of its tools in a thorough manner. Glad to be in the community and thanks for accepting me in.

Best regards to all my fellow artists,

Jose

Hi all,

I'm from Australia and have been using Photoshop since I was born (well ok a little poetic license there :) ) I just bought Affinity Photo yesterday so havent had a chance to play properly yet. I suspect there will be some rewiring of my brain to be done as I am so used to photoshop! However I am looking forward to trying this out. Am hoping in future AlienSkin Plugins will work with it.

Look forward to talking to those of us embarking on this journey :)

Warm regards,

Maree

Hello to all Affinity users.

I live in Worcestershire UK and am a keen amateur photographer [mainly landscape and natural history] and my main use of computer is for digital photography and converting photographs into digital watercolours. 

When my desktop Windows XP PC went on the blink last year I took the plunge and switched to a MacBook Pro 13" Retina. Now I wonder why I did not do it years ago. Of course there are problems, all my software was Windows only including Photoshop; I also missed my Serif PagePlus and DrawPlus. Despite using Photoshop for some twenty years I refused to use Adobe subscription for new software so bought Lightroom and Elements as standalone programmes.

Then, fortunately, Affinity arrived on the scene and I bought Designer and Photo and am looking forward to Publisher.

Nowadays my time on the computer is limited as my wife has dementia which takes up a lot of time. Besides learning the new Affinity programmes I am rebuilding my web site www.jhmdigital.co.uk and redoing many of the pictures which were originally on the old Windows site [serif WebPlus].

At 74 I am one of those who find it easier to have a printed manual to hand to learn the fine details of new programmes and hope that it will not be long before we see the equivalent of Martin Evenings Photoshop manuals.

Well done to all the Affinity team.

John

Hi all, another new Affinity Photo user here -- just bought it today after seeing the release announcement. Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against PS (which I've been using since 2000), and am really excited to get started making composites!

Cheers,

Deere.

Hi, I'm Benny, Its my first time experience with affinity photo, I'm using it for my raw photo development, last time I have my Aperture, and I need to level up my photo development experience, since Apple doesn't support for the Aperture anymore, so it's time to move forward. And I'm also wondering that Affinity support plugins like NIK Software, it would be great, cheers.

Hi. Jimmy Ng from Singapore. Had been a long time fan of Picasa due to it's simplicity and the extorbitan cost of PS (original copy). Hoped that I can develop PP skills on my photos with AP.

Anyone from Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia out there ?

Wow, it's been a few years (decades) since I used Serif software. I used Page Plus twenty odd years ago when it first went beta and into it's first few iterations, and then wandered off a bit. Now I'm playing with my personal photography using Aperture on a mid-2011 3.4GHz i7 iMac, but in the light of Aperture ceasing development in favour of the oh-so-horrible Photos, I've returned.

I'm not an illustrator or graphic designer; I'm simply someone who plays with his Canon 7D. I'm on BlipFoto as Incredibish, Flickr as mark_rosher, and as myself at www.rosher.net. Recently retired, I'm hoping photography and photograph manipulation fills a hole in the day.

Hello Affinity,

LOVE these products bought both of them.  Just cancelled Adobe Suite - because of my new love for the Affinity products.

We just need 1 more product - PLEASE / PLEASE !!

Give me a page layout program - like InDesign - just need a Quark/PageMaker/InDesign/ etc. etc.  replacement.

PS - Thought I was lost in the MAC world without Corel Draw - but with Designer - I feel alive on the MAC!!

Thanks,

Rich

Hello All!

I tried the Photo app beta, and just today purchased both Photo and Designer.  I'm an old school photographer from the 70's and 80's, but lost touch when digital started. Within the last year I picked up a new Canon, some accessories, and a couple new Macs. (MBP Retina and 27 inch iMac) I've already started learning on your Photo App, and some of my touch up work is coming along nicely, thanks to you! I've used many apps throughout the years from both the Windows as well as the Mac side (my personal preference since 1985) and I'm enjoying a fairly speedy learning experience due to your infinite back buttons (8,00 or so, actually). I'm able to touch up, do a bit more, determine if the adjustments work, and either go forward, or knock them back 7 or 8 times to start again.  Your interface is much faster and smoother than Photoshop, and although I never really delved into the Apps while in Beta, I'm confident enough to quit using Photoshop and work full bore with yours! I'm loving that PS filters, etc are all compatible, so this will make your app so much more useful already! Kudos to the whole Team, and Congratulations on the Awards, as well as deep thanks from a novice!

Hello all.

Coming from film cameras to digital cams. Started with a Brownie camera in the US Army, and made it through to Hasselblads and Nikon F3's for weddings. 

Digital has changed everything, but I never forgot about the finesse of actual film grain images.

Still have my old Nikon D700, but am now using Sigma's Quattro dp2 camera with the Foveon system.

The Quattro dp2 for me, gives the closest thing to a film-like experience, even though .x3f files are huge to work with.

Hope that an Affinity raw conversion of Foveon .x3f files will do the trick.

Mark

ps

Always open for suggestions on best use of the "Foveon System".