You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi TheLoneRanger,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's currently no plans for any other apps other than a DAM (digital assets manager).

Thanks @MEB so Serif will go the DAM route ?
Happy to read that (if i'm right) but please make it to be far more the best DAM ever.
Dono't forget to make it connect with everything Affinity installed on the same machine, Right click open with Photo or Send to Publisher etc...

Love that !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi TheLoneRanger,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's currently no plans for any other apps other than a DAM (digital assets manager).

34 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

Thanks @MEB so Serif will go the DAM route ?
Happy to read that (if i'm right) but please make it to be far more the best DAM ever. Love that !

Thanks @MEB !!

I doubt Serif will need our encouragement to "make it to be far more the best DAM ever." They already seem to "get it." Please do be aware there are some of us out here who have legacy data (photo adjustments) committed to Apple Aperture, who would really appreciate a migration path. (You need a test case...?) 

I'd asked whether to plan on using Lr for long. So I sure appreciate @MEB for the "glimpse behind the curtain." Are you able to disclose any details such as target timing? Be assured I would NOT hold you to any such forecast nor quote it, I'm just asking for planning purposes.

Thanks! Let me know how I can help. 

Hello everyone! My name is Matt. I have been looking for software like Affinity Designer to develop a 2D game I've been working on for 3 years now! If you must know some things about me they are... I like to build computers, I've built an AI chat bot, I am a video game developer, and I love cats. Nothing to major! I currently am short on funds so I can't afford Affinity Designer right now but I'll get it in the future! Well that's all from me! Nice to meet you all! 

On 1/22/2019 at 9:52 PM, Dougal47 said:

Just wondering about the possibility of getting a new camera (D500?) and interested to know what cameras Affinity supports? Does it also do Fuji for example?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Dougal. :)

Take a look at the following links:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

36 minutes ago, MattTheDevCat said:

I currently am short on funds so I can't afford Affinity Designer right now but I'll get it in the future!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Matt. :)

Look out for the retail release of version 1.7 (currently in public beta). On past evidence there is likely to be a substantial discount to celebrate the launch.

Alfred spacer.png

Hi Matt! I'm Geoff Hopson from Qld Aus. A million thank-yous for Affinity. I've been using Adobe since the 1980s ending with CS4. When I bought a new iMac last May, CS4 did not 'fit!'  I am retired for some years and my budget and the charity I an helping as a volunteer baulked at the $80 a month to hire their product. A graphic artist suggested I search for Affinity. I could not believe what I was discovering. It was like stumbling through a desert and falling into a bubbling water supply. Needless to say, I can't stop talking about Affinity.

I have a problem. I was working today with Affinity Publisher and Normal Mode just disappeared off my screen. The project page I was still there. I replaced the tool box and a banner across the top. That's all! I downloaded the program again, but no change. Maybe I accidentally pressed a key which caused the event. I don't know. I can't find any panels. I'm stuck!

I am a bit overwhelmed in coming to terms with the complexity of the program; but I would really appreciate help. I am sending this to you as it seemed the easiest doorway to get for the help I need.  Thanks heaps. Geoff H.

43 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

I have a problem. I was working today with Affinity Publisher and Normal Mode just disappeared off my screen. The project page I was still there. I replaced the tool box and a banner across the top. That's all! I downloaded the program again, but no change. Maybe I accidentally pressed a key which caused the event. I don't know. I can't find any panels. I'm stuck!

Hi Geoff!

The best place to let the Developers know about the issues you may encounter and question you may have is the Beta Forum (for Mac, in your case). Now, do you mean the "Preview Mode"?

image.png.e39249f2274a44e9e95427009dea4a56.png

If that's the case, it should be available in the Customise Toolbar window.

Best regards!

Hi Mithferion for your reply - and your interest. I have now checked the 'Preview Mode" but everything on the Context Tool Bar is just two tones of grey - as is almost everything on the Menu Bar. So I have put together my understanding of what is happening and sent it off to the Beta Forum.

Again, thanks for your help.

Hi and my name is Dave. USA and a small town in western Illinois about 25 miles from the Mississippi River. I have just begun learning Affinity Publisher. My goal for this week is to use AP instead of InDesign for my study sheets. Initial impressions? I am impressed. My long-term goal is to move away from Adobe subscriptions. My main reason for staying with is InDesign as I illustrate and layout study sheets weekly for my teaching. I used Serif products years ago--mostly Photo Plus--so I am not surprised to see the advances with the Affinity products. I already use Affinity Photo more than PhotoShop. Affinity Designer has yet to push Illustrator aside; I really like Illustrator. I think Adobe is going to have their world stirred up even more so with Publisher. Below is my opening page first effort; a combination of Affinity Photo and Publisher. Layout will likely be four pages; 2 columns with mostly text. I have been using AP for one day and already believe that I can switch. Groovy, dude!  

full assurance opening page AP.jpg

Hi all,

I'm Patrick, illustrator currently working in the field with mostly Adobe (and CorelDraw which I admit I've come to enjoy working in more than Illustrator), but been using Affinity on a lot of personal work since I love the simplicity in its design. Still hoping for more in future.  I will try my best to answer questions here on the forum when I can and keep an eye out for new ones ;)  

sig2.png.950594012af1a9c5582236e0a457cd0a.pngsig1.png.975f263a1c12b5aec3f87a4541eb33ef.png

Illustrator, Designer, 3D Modeller (In that order) - Open for commissions - Check out my art Instagram or follow me on twitter or like my Facebook page. Phew! 

Hi, I'm Nigel Crooks, I live in Settle, North Yorkshire, England. I bought Affinity Photo almost two years ago and on first opening felt very intimidated by it even though I was familiar with Photoshop and Lightroom, ON1 Photo RAW and Capture One Pro. But now that I've retired and have more time to follow my hobby I'm starting to get familiar with Affinity Photo. It has become my number one must learn even though I'm finding it tough going. I'll master it eventually.

Hi people! I am Juan Miguel, I am an computer developer also interested in photography, illustration and drawing. I am based in Madrid (Spain). 

Related to affinity, I use a lot affinity Designer on iPad pro. Also on Mac. Y use also Affinity photo on Mac and ipad sometimes. 

Regards.

Captura.PNG.d7f04d555699f663eb65e9a8ee7b8ef2.PNG

Interested in Illustration, Design and Photography. You can checkout my stuff on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook :)

Joe Federer, living west of Ottawa, Canada. I'm semi-retired and aiming to get more comfortable using better tools for photography and ebook cover design. So far I'm very impressed with Photo and the Publisher beta. The learning curve is steep, but I'm accustomed to that from learning software design tools. The deeper I dive into AP, the more impressed I am! BTW, I used the trial for a week, this morning purchased AP on the Microsoft store. Turns out going with the Affinity Store might have been a better option.

Hi Y'all — I am now retired after a 50-year career as a Senior Creative Professional and Ad Agency Owner, but I still requests for the occasional logo design, brochure, and so forth, so I still work a few hours a week. I am absolutely thrilled to hear about Affinity Design Software! One of the "Young Pups" at my local Apple store told me about Affinity last week and I couldn't wait to check it out. I was getting tired of plunking down the cash for another year of the subscription service products, especially since a lot of the work I am doing these days is pro-bono or small pay. I just downloaded the Affinity trial and beta versions and can't wait to take them out for a test drive. Thanks, Affinity!!!

Hello,

My nickname is Miljac. I am a photo amateur for many years, mainly dealing with the landscapes and travel photos. 
I was a faithful user of the Elements Photoshop & Organizer for a long time. But, I don't like the development direction of this suite any more and I have a feeling that now I want to try something more powerful. Further, I don't like the pricing model of the Adobe CC, so in a search for a worthy replacement - I am here! :-)
I am still testing how could Affinity Photo fit into my current workflow.

Congratulation for a great piece of work. I was looking for a replacement for the outdated xpress stuff and indesign wasn't an option because of the subscription ripoff. I'm currently trying the publisher beta in an evaluation project and I'm really excited. What a difference to the awkward xpress dinosaur. I'll certainly buy a publisher license once it becomes available.

Hello!

Amature astronomer from Arkansas starting into astrophotography, learning and loving it. Got Affinity Photo to start pulling some stars out of the RAW data I had collected. Long story short, not much of what I had was usable! But the usable stuff looks so much better now. So much learning ahead, thanks for the videos!

Hi..my name is Kelley.  I live in central Illinois.  I'm a photographer and graphic designer.  But, I'm just now starting to work with vectors...I've always used Photoshop for everything.  But, its so different than vectors and pixels.  I absolutely LOVE the ADesign!!  I can't believe everything it does.  I have watched video after video...I'm learning a little.  Its quite confusing and I cannot believe everything it does.  Very impressed.  But, just wanted to say hi!  I've been looking for UI videos...I've only watched one.  So, I'm in search of more and came across this forum...YAY!!!  

4 minutes ago, SrPx said:

Edit:  never mind, wrong post (sorry)

tip.gif If you post accidentally (e.g. a duplicate, or in the wrong thread) you can use the ‘Hide’ switch at the bottom of the message editing box so that only you and the moderators can see the message in question.

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks! just did so...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.