You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

On 11/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, JPSports said:

I am anxious to see Affinity Designer because PP has pretty much been dropped in development.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Jeff. :)

Affinity Designer is a hybrid vector/raster app like DrawPlus. Affinity Publisher (currently in public beta) is Serif’s new DTP app, but I think we can reasonably expect it to take quite a while to catch up with the capabilities added to PagePlus over three decades of development.

PP hasn’t just “pretty much” ceased development. It’s no longer being developed at all now.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Introducing myself! I am Spacetrog here and just about everywhere else on the web, real name is Mike Lemos, and as my profile mentions, I am from So Cal, and basically I’ve done a lot of work over the years as an illustrator & graphic artist (both analog & digital) in a the toy, comics, entertainment, and a few other industries. But don’t let that fool you, I am basically a huge old Skool goofball looking to grapple with a new design application and so I’m trying out Affinity Designer on my new iPad to see what I and everybuddy else can cook up.

Cheers folks!

Hi, I am Gary Luther. I have been a user of the Serif products for a couple of years and love the new Affinity programs. I was an editor for a small newspaper and used Adobe InDesign for most of my formatting. Was very excited to see and play with Affinity Publisher. I think the Affinity software is BOSS! I just turned 79 and am amazed I can still run a computer. I spent 28 years as a System Engineer for IBM. I also was into APL in case any of you know what that is. Be careful, you may date yourself!! :)

Hello ladiiiiiieeeesssss and gentlemeeeennnnn

Another keen amateur from FRANCE who wants legal and supported software but will not forfeit his freedom for yet another compulsory monthly plan.. No name;)

Have heard very good things about Affinity Photo & Designer

Just bought Affinity Photo (WINDOWS) and Affinity Photo Workbook

Affinity Revolution as they say... here I come

Hope the community is as helpful as the editor.. Special thanks to STEVE from the ORDERS dpt..

Long life to Affinity, hoping that they don't turn too much into another cash cow.. You know who I mean

Take care!

Have seen links to tutorials on Affinity

Am French but have setup Affinity in English as it will be easier to follow this growing list of free tutorial about the new kid on the block

Gaul

Hey all, i am Mika from Finland.
Hobbyist photographer who is darn bored Adobe family, and moving now to Affinity and Capture one family.

Been using side to side Photoshop and Affinity past month or bit more, there are loads of features what i love Affinity and still there are some actions photoshop what force me to use it, but i hope those will soon moved to Affinity Photo also.
Also Designer is awesome, i just love it. Made my very first flyer to exhibition and i am happy how easy it was after you know some basics.

If someone likes here is some of my art: https://www.instagram.com/msphotoarts/

So Greetings from finland, and if someone from support would contact me so i could talk bit more one action pack what i would love to get tranfered to Affinity photo.

Good morning! (you can thank J. R. R. Tolkien for this bit...I read The Hobbit about a dozen times in 1970...heheh)

Anyway, I'm very pleased to have found the Affinity programs.  I've been using Photoshop for around twenty years, and have been really annoyed at having to keep paying and paying and paying.  Affinity Photo, so far, is doing everything for me that Photoshop has been doing., and faster  Any minute now, I'll be buying AP and AD...and, of course, canceling the CC sub.  I'm sure this forum will be very helpful.

Mika - You have some serious talent!  If you hadn't said you're a hobbyist, I'd have guessed ;you were a pro.

You meant what Bilbo told Gandalf just to be left alone, and how the wizard started talking about the different tone of that, compared to the one used before.... Not a dozen times, and impossible in 1970 for me, but have read those books at least twice... (some probably 3 times...and practically everything else Tolkien wrote) ...ehm..in Spanish version 9_9 .

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

My name is Dean, I have been a PS user since ver. 1.  I am excited for the probably change to my software workflow. I am a photographer and now do primarily photo restoration, scanning, some design, etc etc. I retired my aging PowerPC G5 and am loving my new 27 inch Retina 5k iMac. I am hoping to see a combo deal here soon for all 3 software products. I may have to just jump in with Designer first as I had just renewed PS a few months ago and I am working with the Publisher Beta.

Looking forward to learning new software and techniques.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi...  I'm Ray C and wish to thank the folks responsible for creating Affinity Photo.  What a wonderful breath of fresh air!   The software has great features without being bloated.  The videos available on YouTube are relevant, clear, concise and address all the right topics.  Great Job!  Thank you!

I'm not new to photography and spent a few decades using 35mm, medium format and large format cameras.   In the last few years, I've used some "OK but not great" digital cameras but now I have a "nice" digital camera.  I tried several software packages with OK results but, Affinity just steals the show from everyone else.

After 3 days of trying the Demo version, I was happy to purchase the package online.

Great job Affinity, great job.

Ray

Hello folks - I'm Dougal.

I know nothing of Serif Affinity other than a positive mention recently in Amateur Photographer magazine. I'm a working professional photographer in the culture sector (London/ UK). I've been in this job since the mid-Eighties and we currently use Nikon, Hasselblad or 5x4 Sinar with PhaseOne backs. I process images using Capture One and then into Photoshop for a final tweak if necessary. 

My interest in Affinity at this point is for home use where I'm currently using a Nikon D300 and Panasonic LX3 cameras on an older Mini Mac. I'm processing with Photoshop Elements 8. Just wondering about the possibility of getting a new camera (D500?) and interested to know what cameras Affinity supports? Does it also do Fuji for example? 

Best wishes

Hello, Nice to meet everyone here!

I was introduced to Affinity photo on the iPad and am happy now to have both affinity photo and designer up and running on my pc.  i'm a hobbyist if anything so i real look orward to learning how to use these two programs, i've also ordered their respective manual from the store since they're relatively new and there's less domentation just on the web.

i've pretty much purged adobe cc from my workflow i'm very happy not being robbed every month.  (i'm fine with paying for incremental updates but 50 a month is a little steep)

thank you so much team affinity for providing an comprable alternative to adobe's monopoly on creativity at an affordable price.

Hello all ! 

Total newb here my name is Jen and I’m a pinstriper/automotive artist by trade and I’ve ventured into the digital world last year since I bought a iPad, I’ve been playing around with Procreate but was really hoping to learn how to vector, and a friend mentioned Affinity I’m blown away at this app , signed up for a few classes on Udemy and its a lot to take in but I’m loving learning it. I’m also a photographer so I’m sure I’ll be getting into the affinity photo app as well . Thank you for being a alternative to adobe!

My name is David; I'm a chief editor from "ReviewCart". We give consulting services to clients who want to improve their homes and as well as maintenance.  As of now, we are at non-commercial blog level and very soon we are on the way to attain our primary goal - to turn our small business into a franchise.

I'm a longtime Adobe user who is using Affinity Design in a newish place of service.

The primary reason we joined your forum because we’d like to hear your views on CS6 programs and others. :)

Have a nice day,

David

I'm Sam. I design pop-up books, paper toys, that type of thing. We call ourselves paper engineers. It's a small field. We need to make very elaborate die lines, usually with placed art. I'm trying to do this in Designer. Working out pretty well, so far. Still adjusting.

Hi, I'm Marc at LivingSeaimages.com. I've been a photographer for 30+ years, my specialty is underwater images. I do landscapes and wildlife as well, and in the last 2 years I've been exploring astro-photography (night sky, especially eclipses). I working toward weaning myself away from Ps and Id, toward Affinity Photo and Publisher (beta so far). Still on the beginning portion of the learning curve, really. Affinity looks to be a great company with pretty brilliant coders on board. Bravo! And you seem to value your customers, unlike your competitors. 

So, I have a question I know you cannot fully answer. I have clung to Apple's Aperture for years due to a huge investment of image adjustment data that does not port in any reasonable way to Lightroom. So I am suffering the pain of adapting to Lr. But I don't want to, and I'll ultimately have to hand re-adjust 100s or 1000s of images in Lr if I'm to stick with it. Yuk. So while I know nobody can leak unannounced product plans, can you advise me as to how committed to Lr I should become? That is, should I invest in learning it for, say, the next year's use? Five years? indefinitely?  

Thanks for any recommendation you can offer, and please, please keep making great software!

300D002_480.jpg