You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Greetings Fellow Deep Digital Doers,

My name is Geeno and I have been a graphic designer in California for 30 years.  From the original cutting and pasting to ReadySetGo, then Multi-Ad Creator, then PageMaker, then QuarkXPress, then Indesign, now excited/relieved to await Affinity Publisher.  I have barely scratched the surface of what the beta program can do and look forward the the official program.  Today I cancelled Indesign.  !!!!  Thank you to all the Affinity creators for your hard work.  You are appreciated!  

Geeno

Came here to say hello!
My name is Jane, I'm a CG artist and an amateur photographer, yet you can call me another refugee (since I've used Adobe soft previously). But I've started to look for other options and my friends recommended me Affinity. 
Also, thanks to creators for such a wonderful opportunity. 

my deviantart::my tumblr::current project wisepick.org

On 10/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, heskphotography said:

Hi Fantail; Tried to download CS^ from the Adobe site, but was blacked again by their insistence that I subscribe again. I'm reluctant to even contact them now I'm so disgusted with their higher than thou attitude.

You are buying the Creative Cloud and it will not download?

On 10/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, Katherine Hamon said:

bonjour j'ai acheté il y a des mois concepteur d'affinity photo et affinity designer où puis-je trouver la trace de ces achats?

Mac: https://support.apple.com/HT204266

Windows: https://affinity.store

On 10/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, Katherine Hamon said:

Egalement, mon prénom Katherine s'écrit  with a K and non with C Cans to Change Changer.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings (‘Display Name > Change’)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

My name is Paul and for many years I have been using PagePlus to produce a magazine for the Narrow Gauge Railway Society.  This comes out six times a year and the current issue runs to 64 full-colour pages.  I am a mac user but have used PagePlus X9 through Parallels access. I am trialling Affinity Publisher to see if I can change to that for the mainstream work. It is early days, but I have not yet overcome some basic problems.  Time will tell.

Hi, my names Torben from New Zealand. I'm a professional real estate & commercial photographer. 

I've been using photoshop & lightroom for years, but have decided to migrate & learn Affinity Photo, Designer & Publisher.

I'm heavily involved in a local camera club and we are now teaching Affinity Photo to all our members. 

I've also a web designer, which is why I'm learning the other two products as well.

Would like to semi-retire teaching these products locally to the general public.

That's my aim anyway. Whether it becomes a reality is a different thing.

Enjoying using all the programs at present.

Torben

Hey everyone! I'm Steve.

I'm a backend web developer and right now I'm moving slightly to web design and print. Because of that I obviously wanted to get some Software. First thought was of course PS and AI, but then I stumbled upon Serifs products. So I watched some videos and was really impressed by the clean interface. And considering the price tag I thought why not give it a try. Since August  I use Affinity Designer as well as Photo and I love it! I still miss some comfort features that I saw in other programs, but for the work that I'm doing it gets the job very well done.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Hi all, 

Thought I would visit the 'Hello' thread to say hello :-)

I am a longtime Adobe user who is using Affinity Design in a newish place of employment.

Hopefully, I won't be overly dependent on staff for help and maybe get some work posted on here sometime soon.

Hello! I'm Elisa and 'm an illustrator based in Italy. Sorry about my scholastic English, please!

I would like to switch definitively from Illustrator and Photoshop to Affinity.

It's a while that I work with Affinity Designer Desktop, and this is my feedback.

There are some useful features, for example I love switch between vector and pixel, trasparency tool and overall the software is fast. And paying a human price without resorting to piracy is the best for me.

But there are some things that are unfortunately a nightmare... I will try to list them. Work with symbols is discouraging; really if I hide a symbol, every symbol instance are hidden?! Or If I move to back a symbol, every symbol instance are moved to back?! That is unthinkable for a pro!

Another annoyng thing is switch through the blending mode. Really floating with the mouse arrow on each blending mode (for real-time preview) allows you to save more time than a fast keyboard shortcut?!

Then...sadly export to PSD is useless if text layers are rasterized...

And again... loading fonts only at program startup is frustrating. In Illustrator, if I install a new font, it recognizes it in real time, without restarting the program.

There would be other drawbacks, but for now I'm stopping here. Unfortunately, if the updates were constant, these things would be solved.

If I am wrong and you have the solution to these shortcomings, you will be welcome and my saviors!

I trust the developers, come on!

Elisa thanks for your feedback. While I'm not a pro I require those features with my work for non-profits I volunteer for. I'm finding issues that have kept me from pulling the plug on PS/AI as well, but mostly the blending, layers and exporting of workable files to work with teams. I have high hopes for future, just not quite ready for my needs. By the way, your English is quite understandable.

Again, thanks!

Suzi

7 hours ago, LafnSuzi said:

Elisa thanks for your feedback. While I'm not a pro I require those features with my work for non-profits I volunteer for. I'm finding issues that have kept me from pulling the plug on PS/AI as well, but mostly the blending, layers and exporting of workable files to work with teams. I have high hopes for future, just not quite ready for my needs. By the way, your English is quite understandable.

Again, thanks!

Suzi

Thank you for your feedback too. Let's keep our eyes open for next updates and our fingers crossed! :)

On 11/20/2018 at 2:54 AM, dinosaura said:

Work with symbols is discouraging; really if I hide a symbol, every symbol instance are hidden?! Or If I move to back a symbol, every symbol instance are moved to back?! That is unthinkable for a pro!

If you want to hide a certain Symbol, you have to select it, Click on the "Sync" button, hide that Symbol and then Click the "Sync" button again. This way, that propertie for that Symbol will be independent.

• Before

image.thumb.png.43d334b7821206973262fea9bc482f22.png

• After

image.thumb.png.8201f4d37886e1167d79301cd4ec5dfb.png

It's worth noting that some other properties don't require to hit the "Sync" button, like the position of the Symbol (not the position of the Object(s) inside the Symbol).

image.thumb.png.bed19a030ae5326d2f88c0b210cbb43a.png

Another annoyng thing is switch through the blending mode. Really floating with the mouse arrow on each blending mode (for real-time preview) allows you to save more time than a fast keyboard shortcut?!

The keyboard would be helpful if you want to select an specific Blend Mode. The Mouse + List to preview in real time is for cases when you are uncertain. So, having both makes more sense.

Then...sadly export to PSD is useless if text layers are rasterized...

And it's something they have in mind.

And again... loading fonts only at program startup is frustrating. In Illustrator, if I install a new font, it recognizes it in real time, without restarting the program.

The same happens with Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher. The only thing is that it takes it a couple of seconds (at least in the current 1.6 version).

image.png.e34cf79726f533c804de3d0c3c0990ab.png

Best regards!

Hi I'm Jeff and I have been using PagePlus since the 1990's. I believe PP 2 or 3. Was a beta tester but quit about ten years ago. I broadcast high school events, design all sorts of items. I also do a monthly sports newspaper in the state of Washington, USA. I am anxious to see Affinity Designer because PP has pretty much been dropped in development. I loved the way you could manipulate photos, etc in the program. It was not clunky. Let's hope Affinity takes PP to the next level.