You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi everyone, I'm Pat, located in Switzerland. Using Affinity on my iPad Pro and PC. Would love to use it on my MBP to, but buying another Licence... nope.

As I have filled in my eMail twice in my profile accidently, I wanted to Change my Display Name. Didn't work without any first Content...thats non sense!

Hope that'll Change soon.

Pat

Hi!  I'm Laura.  I have an old copy of Photoshop that I use on occasion to alter photos.  Aperture was my go-to for basic photo editing and management.  Photoshop moved to the cloud and Aperture received its death certificate years back.  Now that I have Affinity Photo I'm trying to learn many of the things that intimidated me about Photoshop.  I still need to figure out how to export 20+ years of photos from Aperture before it shuts down and takes my photos with it.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

What formats can Aperture export? I don't know that app (neither most tools very photography focused), but might be able to give some advice.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Sorry for the delay, Aperture was a Mac app.  Seems jpeg and raw can be exported.  I've tried to move them into Mac's newer Photos app, but with no success.  I should probably find a way to move them all to an independent storage device.  I'm not tech savvy, but I keep plugging away at it.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, LS Falcon said:

Sorry for the delay, Aperture was a Mac app.  Seems jpeg and raw can be exported.  I've tried to move them into Mac's newer Photos app, but with no success.  I should probably find a way to move them all to an independent storage device.  I'm not tech savvy, but I keep plugging away at it.  Thanks.

Hi Laura. I too am an Aperture fan and still use it!

If you do a search online there are a few ways to transfer Aperture files to Photos but none of them are fast - quite the opposite in fact depending on the size of your library.

Hi guys, I have to apologise for not introducing myself properly.

I'm an Italian architect, doing some test of Affinity Publisher as substitute of Indesign as primary tool. I also tried Designer and Photo and hope in a future bundle to have them all cause I love the philosophy of purchase a product instead of cloud based service.

Cheers!

Laura, sorry, am terribly busy, lately..... 

I am not having it installed (the tool I'm going to mention), as my work has quite an opposite flow :  Few images, which have me days or weeks working on each.... and I always save my work in formats I can easily exchange later (psds very simplified, layer fx flattened, etc), in whatever the software (I use a bunch), but there's an utility that some people around here are putting to very good use combined with Affinity apps. I mean, using it as a DAM, a image browser, batch converter and general helper utility for Affinity. Is called XnView MP, latest thing I read from a super cool user here, is it can read even native Affinity files (probably till some extent, as always happens with native files from another program, unless the format (and other info about it) is open source, very rare in commercial apps). The MP version includes a batch converter, with this you perhaps can automate the conversion of all those zillions of heavy files, even if takes a while per each, u could just leave it working. I am not sure if it could open your particular RAWs, no clue, but if it could, that could be the most lossless procedure. This utility has a very long history, since I can remember. Is not a new app, but has evolved a lot. They have a MAC version .  :)      https://www.xnview.com

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I'm Pockenfresse from Germany, Illustrator for comics and concept art and I moved from Adobe Illustrator to Affinity Designer a year ago and i love it. Yesterday I also purchased Affinity Photo after using the Demo-Version and I'm very satisfied with your products! Thumbs up! Keep up the excellent work!

Hi everyone!

I'm Conny and I study Games Engineering. Since it's an IT field, we don't get any student discounts on art programs even though many of us are artistic people. Just recently came across the Affinity products and wanted to say how greatful I am to you for providing such wonderful software at a price even students can afford! Great thank you to the Affinity Team! Got myself Affinity Photo for now and love it.

It's hi time I introduced myself. Roy H. Used to use Photoshop CC until they put the price up. So when I came across Affinity I jumped at it. Mind you at first I didn't think much of it, but that turned out to be unfamiliarity. I have a CS6 disc and thought I would use that in conjunction with Affinity as I purchased it for £600. That was before CC was launched. Then I updated to CC. But after dropping CC, I tried to load my CS6 disc and Adobe blocked it telling me I had to subscribe to their programme in order to use my own disc. Which I thought was underhanded as I had purchased it outright and had paid to use it. It won't even try to load, Adobe just blocks it.

I tried to contact them several times to argue it out with them, but they didn't want to know. I should have left it on my system when I subscribed to CC. But thinking about it, CC was loaded over it so probably absorbed it but I should still be able to use a disc that I own.

I'm not looking for answers, just making other people wise to it.

Well that's off my chest, so HI Y'all. Great programme.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, heskphotography said:

It's hi time I introduced myself. Roy H. Used to use Photoshop CC until they put the price up. So when I came across Affinity I jumped at it. Mind you at first I didn't think much of it, but that turned out to be unfamiliarity. I have a CS6 disc and thought I would use that in conjunction with Affinity as I purchased it for £600. That was before CC was launched. Then I updated to CC. But after dropping CC, I tried to load my CS6 disc and Adobe blocked it telling me I had to subscribe to their programme in order to use my own disc. Which I thought was underhanded as I had purchased it outright and had paid to use it. It won't even try to load, Adobe just blocks it.

I tried to contact them several times to argue it out with them, but they didn't want to know. I should have left it on my system when I subscribed to CC. But thinking about it, CC was loaded over it so probably absorbed it but I should still be able to use a disc that I own.

I'm not looking for answers, just making other people wise to it.

Well that's off my chest, so HI Y'all. Great programme.

How was it blocked exactly? It's probably not new to you, but have you tried installing from an installer from their download page? Because their official installer download page for CS6 programs is still up, saying you should still have access to those programs as long as you have the serial number:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cs6-product-downloads.html

I'm not very knowledgeable about Adobe stuff but hope I could help :)

Hey.

I'm Chris, been living in Japan for a bit.

After dealing with the lack of support at Adobe I decided to come here and give Affinity a try.

Adobe forces me to use the Japanese region for downloads and everything else. I can't read Kanji..

It's simply too difficult.

I just want to be able to use photoshop/video apps without Japanese.

I want to use Affinity without being forced to download it in Japanese.

Can this be done?

7 hours ago, Schorched Earth said:

Hey.

I'm Chris, been living in Japan for a bit.

After dealing with the lack of support at Adobe I decided to come here and give Affinity a try.

Adobe forces me to use the Japanese region for downloads and everything else. I can't read Kanji..

It's simply too difficult.

I just want to be able to use photoshop/video apps without Japanese.

I want to use Affinity without being forced to download it in Japanese.

Can this be done?

Hi Chris,

afaik the downloads contain all languages and while auto detect might set your language as Japanese at first, you should be able to change the settings inside the programs later.

I'm in Germany and have set both the Affinity websites and the programs to English without any problems.

Of course I can't say for sure about Japan, but I don't think they'd treat one country so differently. If I can set my Affinity language to Japanese, I'm sure it's also possible vice versa.

Why not just download the trial and see for yourself?

On 10/10/2018 at 7:45 PM, Fantail said:

How was it blocked exactly? It's probably not new to you, but have you tried installing from an installer from their download page? Because their official installer download page for CS6 programs is still up, saying you should still have access to those programs as long as you have the serial number:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cs6-product-downloads.html

I'm not very knowledgeable about Adobe stuff but hope I could help :)

Hi Fantail; Tried to download CS^ from the Adobe site, but was blacked again by their insistence that I subscribe again. I'm reluctant to even contact them now I'm so disgusted with their higher than thou attitude.