You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi everybody

I am Johannes from Germany. At school and work I always had to use Adobe CS and CC. All apps I used from this company felt very clumsy and non-intuitive to work with. When I discovered Affinity Photo and Publisher in the Microsoft Store last X-Mas it was like an illumunation how fluent and intuitive vector graphics and photo editing can be. Both apps are great with much potential and with publisher I hope that more companies and designers will switch to Affinity. I signed up a little bit earlier to this forum but I think with Publisher Beta it's time to introduce myself and reporting some bugs and suggestions to the Publisher Beta Forums.

Regards John

5 hours ago, Lelongcaraine said:

Hi John welcome  to the AA I purchased the book to go with the program its a great help, also theres loads of free videos on line

also with the book you get a set of keyboard short cut cards for each section IE Photo,Liquify,Develope, Personna etc 

regards Will

Hi Will

Thank you very much for the reply and could you possibly please tell me the name of the book as it sounds like something I would like.

John

I have downloaded and tried to find time to work out the programs (Photo and Designer) on both iMac and iPad - family matters with elderly folks have interfered. I am really excited to returning to the try-outs after I return home in October. Even with the little I've played with it, I'm very impressed. There is a bit of different ways of working with adjustments, but so far I have found a way to learn about where to go to do what I've tried. Very optimistic, as I surely would appreciate ridding myself of subscriptions...YES! Recently got an ad about Affinity Publisher beta and will download once I have adequate internet.

Hi everyone, I am Andrew and very new to the Affinity products. I like them both, so far I like the Publisher beta as well, looks like it will be the 3rd.

One thing I miss in all three is the ability to set guide from right to left or to be able to set 0 in the middle of the image and quick changes between them. It would greatly help with positioning under different circumstances. We could also have left to right on the top and right to left on the bottom of the screen and the same with the vertical guides.

I am going through the Photo tutorials and came across a sky background tutorial and in that mentioned that those sky backgrounds can be downloaded. Does anyone know where, I definitely could use those right now.

I hope soon I can be some help here

Andrew

good eveneing, affinity users, 

Iàm a hopefull beginner with test version of affinity designer. My name is spector from cologne, germany, and i started here with a really ridicoulus error...I misunderstood the question

"display name" - and gave the answer "Hewlett Packard"...so let`s have more fun...try to change into the real name and hope, the administration will allow this...

best regards

Spector

Howdy! 

Eugene here, from Ireland. Been an InDesign user since 2004-ish. And prior to that a Quark user from 1997. Almost exclusively work in InDesign at this point in time (note, in this point in time!)

I've been a regular on the Adobe forums helping people out since about 2006, and since then become an Adobe Community Professional (ACP). Basically, volunteering my time to answer questions from other users on how to use the Adobe software. 

Now, with Affinity finally completing the holy trinity of Photo, Vector, Layout - I'm here to hopefully make the same level of contribution in helping other users. And mostly, to learn myself. 

More about me:
Former screen printer for 2.5 years, prepress operator 5 years, typesetter and graphic designer for 9.5 years, and back to prepress/graphic design for the last 2 years. Overall, I have over 20 years' experience in printing and design. 

Delighted to be here! 

Howdy,

I'm TAE back from the old original Serif Forums... Left when CommunityPlus replaced the old forums and I started doing my web development by hand rather than using WebPlus. But I still use PagePlus regularly, so thought I'd give the Affinity Publisher beta a whirl as it may finally be time to upgrade PagePlus.

I see a few familiar names still on the forum, which is cool :) And this forum already looks like what I'd hoped would replace the old forum way back when!

I've been out of the loop of the Serif family for the last few years, but felt that it was time to try an worm my way back in again!

• Staff

Hi @TAE great to see you again. I hope you find something that suits you. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi, I'm jepho.

I have a little experience of technical writing, pre-press work and graphic design. I have used Photoshop, Illustrator, Pagemaker, Frame, Tex, Pixelmator, Acorn, Acrobat, Art Text and Impression (Acorn Archimedes and the very first computer to plate software I have ever used). I adore photography, like page layout/imposition and am interested in typography. My first work in Photoshop was during the mid 80s. I used to produce a weekly edition of a full tabloid newspaper, using a Canon BJ330 bubble jet mono printer which could just manage A2.

I have used Affinity Photo for a few jobs and I like its feel. The Affinity Designer program is a worthy replacement for Illustrator and I found myself wishing for very little from the Adobe 800 pound gorillas of image processing and design. I have played around for a few days with the beta of Affinity Publisher and I like it a lot. The ability to edit any affinity file type when it is enabled is going to be a killer feature. No more round tripping in and out of software that fills the holes in one's favoured applications.

A great suite of software and highly capable it is too. Editing PDF files inside Affinity Publisher feels more relaxed than when I am using Acrobat. Great job Serif! 

On 6/21/2018 at 5:15 AM, Deacon Blue said:

Hello, I'm Glenn Urquhart.  I have a degree in Graphic Art and really excited to dive into AD. From what I've seen so far is amazing! I also have the Affinity Photo program. Being a professional musician (www.theflattopsband.com) and an amateur photographer I'm looking forward to my future projects! I'm hoping to spend more time shooting video/photographs and developing press projects for local musicians.

"When your project isn't working, look for the part that you didn't think was important" - E. Bloch

Hi My name is Barry and I only brought affinity photo yesterday. I have only one question at the moment. when I go into a adjustment layer once I have finished adjusting the tutorial videos say click on the red dot on the top left hand side of the adjustment widow. there should be 3 dots but do not on mine, is there a setting that I need to change. please help. 

2018-09-14.png

5 minutes ago, Lezoba said:

the tutorial videos say click on the red dot on the top left hand side

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Barry. :)

Many of the video tutorials were made when there was only a Mac version of Affinity Photo. The red dot is the ‘Close’ button, equivalent to the cross in the top right-hand corner of the dialog on Windows.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello. Marc here. I'm located on the coast in northern California.

I support an independent publisher who puts out both print books and ebooks. Currently using Photoshop and Indesign CS 6 running on Lion under Parallels. I'm fairly new to Affinity Photo, but was totally jazzed to open a PSD file and manipulate it with Affinity. I'm very actively moving away from PS. Also looking forward to someday moving away from ID to Affinity Publisher.

iMac 2017 Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, macOS Mojave 10.14

Radeon Pro 580 - 8GB

Hi to all,

I am Min Chai Liu from India , I am a dental surgeon by profession.. Photography is my main area of interest .. Though I can negotiate through PS , Affinity Photo is something new for me.Purchased and installed .. Now the issue is learning it to use it full capability 

Hopefully members will help me to learn this

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I realize that I have not yet introduced myself, I am repairing this rudeness.

I am Johan Puisais, founder of Xtendo, which is a web development and multimedia production agency. I have used Serif software in the past (Page Plus 4 in 1996).

The discovery of Affinity Photo was a real favorite, Designer followed. Publisher seems to be just as promising. Affinity tools are now an integral part of my workflow. I love Affinity and its software that matches my requirements very well!

3 PCs - 1 Mac Book - Affinity Photo + Designer + Beta Publisher | Xtendo

Hello, my name is Lucy. I am delighted with this opportunity to learn to use Affinity publisher, my native language is Spanish, I have some difficulty with English but I am improving.
I really like working with Affinity Design and Affinity Photo, I do not know all of them but what I need is enough for me.
I'm a graphic designer without study, amateur and learning on my own.
Previously use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
but I like Affinity more and I no longer use Adobe
Thank you.