You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi,  Julian Epstein here. 

I am a 78 year old photo hobbyist and ex-software developer.    I have used very many photo editors over the years starting with PS CS2 and continuing  until CS5.  Similarly, I bought and used several Lightroom  releases over the years.  In fact,  I started my digital photo editing by editing scanned photos from my film camera.

Affinity Photo is the best editor I have tried - no question.

Hello, I'm Glenn Urquhart.  I have a degree in Graphic Art and really excited to dive into AD. From what I've seen so far is amazing! I also have the Affinity Photo program. Being a professional musician (www.theflattopsband.com) and an amateur photographer I'm looking forward to my future projects! I'm hoping to spend more time shooting video/photographs and developing press projects for local musicians.

Hello, I'm Pete Willard.  I've worked as a hobbyist with graphic art and photography since Pc's became a thing.  I'm looking to modernize my toolset and I'm here because I just cannot subscribe (pun intended) to the Adobe subscription model. (I gave them a year, added up my costs and benefits and decided, "No, this is not the way I want to use software that I will never own)  I really like what I see with these products.

Hello, I'm Trevor White, a professional character designer and Illustrator living in London. I've worked in games and animation for over 10 years. You can find some of my work here -  https://www.behance.net/trevorwhite 

I started using Affinity when I became freelance, and when Illustrator went subscription only. I've been using Affinity for professional work for about two years, though sometimes I still need to bite the bullet and sub to Adobe for a month or two for certain projects. Looking forward to see Affinity grow and become more capable. As well as holding out hope for the elusive iPad Pro port! :)   

Hello, my name is Fabea.

I use Windows10 pro and have own web page which I pursue since my pension. I have discovered the graphics only recently. And if this year has with Gimp, Inkscape attempts made. Because Affinity was promised in Youtube so I have downloaded to me the test versions and now am completely inspired. This is the only hurdle many Tutorials in are English. Then though PROMT remains to me, but this is not the same like in German my mother tongue. I am glad this here a forum gives and hopes for many good tips. And immediately first a question of me knows somebody about where I find good Tutorials in german except on Youtube??

Many thanks and greetings beforehand. Fabea

1 hour ago, RocketBoots said:

Hello, I'm Trevor White, a professional character designer and Illustrator living in London. I've worked in games and animation for over 10 years. You can find some of my work here -  https://www.behance.net/trevorwhite    

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Trevor, and thanks for the link to your impressive portfolio. :)

I started using Affinity when I became freelance, and when Illustrator went subscription only. I've been using Affinity for professional work for about two years, though sometimes I still need to bite the bullet and sub to Adobe for a month or two for certain projects. Looking forward to see Affinity grow and become more capable. As well as holding out hope for the elusive iPad Pro port! :)

According to a recent post from Serif’s @Patrick Connor, the “elusive” iPad version of Affinity Designer is currently in its internal beta phase, so it shouldn’t remain elusive for very much longer. (I’m sure I’m not alone in expecting that, like Affinity Photo for iPad, the iPad version of AD will happily run on the Air 2 and 2018 non-Pro models.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello everyone, I am Johan Puisais a French user of AD and AP. I started for the photo with AP, then I tested AD in my web design work. I am conquered and now abandon more and more Adobe suite.
Finally, I am very much looking forward to discovering Affinity Publisher.
Thank you for these great software that I hope to see evolve long!

3 PCs - 1 Mac Book - Affinity Photo + Designer + Beta Publisher | Xtendo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all 

I'm Ant from NW England  I got into computer graphics in 2000 when I got my first PC learned Cinema 4D,  Softimage XSI and adobe software  then gave that up for Blender for workflow reasons.

I tried going freelance  but it didn't work out  so moved on to  learning music and designing presets for synthesizers. Now I think I'm ready to share my music so  been busy this week learning Affinity Designer and photo for my band image. I've just released a downtempo track called Hole In A Hole, I think a synth pop  song with vocals is next. My logo was done in Affinity Designer vectors are so easy in Affinity  thanks. My band name is Humans R Ants.

If I am in the wrong spot so sorry...but wanted to introduce myself.......Hello Diane ....nice to be in touch ....just purchased affinity photo for use on my Ipad pro 12.9. 

So found it difficult to view a tutorial on my ipad ...then switch to a photo in attempt to practice the instructions. 

So purchase just purchased Affinity  Photo Workbook. 

So looking forward to learning how to have fun with my photo's . 

Over and out for now.....

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I'm from Australia.

New to using Affinity Designer after making a move across from the Adobe suite. My primary interest is vector illustration, but I enjoy a little design and photography as well. I've been enjoying digital art since high school when we got a 16 colour monitor for a 286 and I could start using paint. Things have become a little better since then :)

Hello  everybody,

I`m Paulo , from Glasgow ( Scotland ) , I am a fan and user of Serif products, since the beginning  products that I used for my personal websites. Since a few days I have decided to reform my X9 -X7 versions and start now with Affinity Products. Now that I have some time available to dedicate myself to amateur photography and drawing, which have been on stand-by for 30 years, I'm happy to have time to use the AP and AD. 

Thanks to team Serif for these software's.

On 6/10/2014 at 2:05 PM, MattP said:

Hi, I'm Matt Priestley and I'm one of the Affinity developers. I'll try to help out on any topic, but particularly anything relating to tools, views and document drawing as they're the bits I'm mostly responsible for writing.

Feel free to join me and introduce yourself, too! :)

Hi I am Martin Izzard Esq., B.E.M. and an author/photographer looking for good packages to prepare, set up books for publications. I trust your systems will help here, you come highly recommended.

Hi All,

I am Dave, from the hills of WV.

I am an indy software / game developer, mostly focused on games lately.

Also, I have a long background in CG, 2D and 3D, and everything that goes with it, since the early 90's professionally.

My first taste of CAD design was autocad, and I have used many tools over the years.

In terms of software in the same category as Affinity Designer and Photo, I used Corel early, before switching to Adobe for many years, and when Adobe switched to subscription model, which I was never a fan of, I went searching and found Xara, which has been a good friend for many years now. Unfortunately they went subscription as well, and also in recent years, their development focus and direction has gone a different direction than my needs. While they are adding a lot of features to simplify certain tasks for home users making websites, photo retouching, etc, they have mostly ignored the core drawing and design tools it has seemed to me.

Recently I stumbled on the Affinity site, grabbed demos for Designer and Photo, and I am very impressed. I like the no nonsense clean and clutter free ui. More than anything, the smooth pen tools impressed me. Really, it is so smooth and natural to use, it is the best I have ever tried.

So, my Xara subscription is due to expire, and I saw the sale here, and decided to take the plunge and go with Affinity instead.

Last night I completed my first task in my actual development workflow, and after a few extra minutes of learning to think Affinity instead of Xara, the job went great, and I am thrilled with my decision to switch.

The only thing I found missing, and missed having, was the very easy vector feather tool in Xara, but I did come up with an alternate method which gave identical, and perhaps even better results with more control, and only a few extra clicks to get there. If anyone else coming from Xaraland is interested, I will post a brief tutorial showing how I did it.

Anyway, thanks for the sale, for Affinity, and I am now looking forward to the coming publisher which I will certainly be buying when it is ready to round out my toolset.

Best Regards,

Dave

Hello, I’m Andy from Mokoh Design, originally from Somerset, UK. Now living and running small paper based giftware company and shop in Fremantle, Western Australia. Been using adobe products since 90s, along with aldus freehand and loads of other bits. 

Finally decided to take the plunge and purchased designer/photo and workbooks for Mac and iPad. Love it and the buzz that surrounds the applications coming from Affinity. Also just upgraded to 6th gen iPad with pencil support. I believe it’s going to help and improve the way I work.

Bit obsessed with drawing on the computer, starting from my ZX81 and Atari 800xl back in the 80s. Also the Quantel Paintbox from 1981...

Waiting for the publisher public beta eagerly...

cheers

andy

Hi All,

I am Adam Simon from Hungary. I'm a graphic designer student since forever. Now I'm just before graduation and working for a software developer company almost half a year. I've been use Adobe applications since 7-8 years. Now I started to feel how obsolete, slow and complicated those. In the last few years I felt my designer tools holds me back to be creative and enjoy my work. Now I'm rather 3D designer because of that. I'm modeling a lot in Cinema 4D, but a software called Figma pulled me back. I knew a lot about App and Webdesign before, but I always felt struggling with Photoshop. Now I love to design applications, so I decided to give a chance for Affinity to create logos, flyers, illustrations again.

Joe here. I have been looking for an alternative to Adobe's "bloatware" for some time now. Issues with not having enough hardware to support them any longer, dealing with their massive upgrades which offer no value and generally becoming disillusioned with their cloud subscription concept. I'm an illustrator and comic artist (undergroundcomix.ca) who is looking for inexpensive, powerful software to edit and draw with (Although I use Clip Studio Paint in production for artwork and layout). Regardless, I have found everything I need in the seamless, award-winning Serif software. What a godsend! It's like slipping into a warm bath every time you use Photo and Designer. Keep up the great work everyone, it's very much appreciated.

Hi all.

Barry from South Africa.

Moved from Adobe to Affinity even though I have CS6 fully paid for version. Love the program :)

Pity, only after a few days after I bought Affinity Designer and photo, the price dropped 30%.. I'm gutted :(

Oldgoat Marketing - For all your internet marketing needs

On 7/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, izzard.martin@yahoo.co.uk said:

Hi I am Martin Izzard Esq., B.E.M. and an author/photographer looking for good packages to prepare, set up books for publications. I trust your systems will help here, you come highly recommended.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Martin. :)

Speaking of recommendations, I strongly recommend that you change your display name to something other than your email address unless you like attracting spam.

7 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Pity, only after a few days after I bought Affinity Designer and photo, the price dropped 30%.. I'm gutted :(

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Barry. :)

If you purchased the Windows version from the Affinity Store, you can request a refund and then repurchase. Refunds from the Microsoft Store and the Mac App Store are not guaranteed.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello every one my name is Okang Lindsey i am from the Caribbean but live in the U.S.A , i am totally new photo editing , and  graphic design . i first heard about affinity photo and designer lets say 2 or 3 weeks ago i love these 2 programs i have a friend who uses both and lets me fiddle around when he is not busy i am planning on buying both programs soon, i am very interested in making flyers and those sorts of stuff , some of my first ever practice sessions are attached 

IMG-20180708-WA0020.jpeg

IMG-20180704-WA0097.jpeg

IMG-20180710-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20180713-WA0004.jpg