You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hello everyone, I'm Andrea. :D

I'm quite new, well very new. I bought a couple of months ago Affinity Photo and I recently got the Affinity Photo Workbook.

Introduce myself.. Mmmm.. Well I like photography, even if I'm not that good and/or expert. I like technology a lot.

I'll try to help everyone in here and hope to learn with you guys ;)

Oh, my workhorse is a simple MacBook Air from 2015, my cameras are the one on my iPhone and a simple Canon D1200.

Possibly a Windows PC will come in the future.

I think that's about it.:13_upside_down:

Hello. My name is Jacqueline and I have just started using Affinity Photo in the last two days.  I've also just registered in the forum (s) section.  I have a problem but as I cannot see a separate forum for Windows users will ask my question here.  Please feel free to redirect me to an appropriate section.

I am very impressed with the 'inpainting' facility and have tried to use it this morning.  I have looked at several of your help tutorials but cannot fathom why the layer I am working on will not make the inpainting facility available to me - it does allow the blemish facility though?  What part of the workflow am I not understanding please?  I am on Windows 8.1.

36 minutes ago, Jacqueline said:

Hello. My name is Jacqueline and I have just started using Affinity Photo in the last two days.  I've also just registered in the forum (s) section.  I have a problem but as I cannot see a separate forum for Windows users will ask my question here.  Please feel free to redirect me to an appropriate section.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Jacqueline. :)

Questions (and their answers) often apply to both Mac and Windows, and to more than just one app in the Affinity suite, so there is a single Questions forum with an iPad subforum. In addition to stating in the body of your post (as you have done) which app and platform you are using, you can use the topic tags to indicate those details so that it’s easier for other users to find your thread.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello Everyone.. I'm Dave... Fairly new user to Affinity Photo.  I'm new to photography and would like to become an Affinity Photo expert since I do not use ADOBE products at ALL.  I use mostly for Photo Editing, recently purchased Designer to make flyers and add that ability to the arsenal.

Any advice anyone would have would to become more proficient in Affinity Photo would be extremely appreciated .. 

• Staff

Hi DaveSincere,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Take a look at the Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials. They cover basically everything you can do with the app. The Affinity Photo Online Help also describes every tool/feature in detail. If you prefer a project based book, take a look at the Affinity Photo Workbook. Any questions you may have just go ahead and post them in the Questions section in the forum. There always staff and plenty of knowledgeable users around.

Hello, my name is Ylène, and I live and work in the far west of Austria. Working with Adobe for 20 years I was looking forward to an alternative when I found Affinity Designer. Now I can't wait for Publisher so I can switch over completely (at least privately, at work I still have to teach our students Adobe too).

Hi everyone, I'm Robert. Newbie in graphic design, trying to get the hang of the software and learn as much as I can along the way (and maybe turn it into my profession one day). Hopefully with a little help from all of you. :)

I've been using Photoshop from time to time, mainly to retouch my photos and make some simple posters, flyers, manipulations etc. Last month I stumbled upon Affinity Photo/Designer and decided to give it a try. I was actually really surprised how great it worked - no crashes or lags, quick loading times, quite intuitive UI. Didn't take much time to produce something nice looking. Overall, I was very happy with the trials.

Now I guess....I'm part of the "family". ;)

Hi everyone,

I'm Jørgen and I live in Norway. I've been using Designer for almost a year now. I am fairly new to the whole concept of it all so I went ahead and bought the book and have done the basics and started the first project (panther).

I started using Designer when we needed som simple designs done for a band I'm in, and I have been a big fan from day one. My previous experience with similar software is close to none so I have a lot to learn. Currently trying to do simple poster designs and som logo/merchandise design for my band.

Looking forward to Designer on iPad! :)

Cheers

I'm familiar with the tutorials and have watched quite a few of them. Also some others on youtube, but I prefer the ones that are made by you as I consider them best practice - and since I don't have too much experience I also have a good opportunity to establish a good workflow from the start.

Hi all

I have been into astrophotography for more than 10 years and have now switch from PS to AP for my work.  AP is great and does a much improved job.

One thing I have learnt is that astrophotography needs about 3 or 4 different software to process the final images and AP is the best I have found for the final processing.

Also love all the online videos - as the manual gives too little information

Happy days

• Staff

Hi Paul Symes,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You didn't specify which app you have bought so i'm leaving a few resources for both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo:

Affinity Photo:

Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

Affinity Photo Online Help 

Affinity Photo Workbook

Affinity Designer:

Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials

- Affinity Designer Online Help

- Affinity Designer Workbook

If you have any questions just go ahead and post them in the Questions section in the forum.

Hi:  My name is Chris; freelance photographer in the Upper Midwest, USA.  Finally using Affinity Photo for meaningful projects and with my use of C1Pro for my assignments requiring tethering, I completely killed my link to the Adobe cloud subscription service.  

One question.  Interested in your workbooks for Affinity Photo & Designer, BUT, what happens when you update your software, rendering some of the tutorials somewhat outdated?  IS there a chance that you'd make the workbooks available as an ePub that I can review on my iPad while doing work? ePub format would also allow your team to release more immediate workflow updates.

Thanks for your continued development on your suite of software!

Edited by ski542002
I forgot a line.

Hi, I'm Totte from Sweden, a beginner photographer and designer who stumbled across these two lovely pieces of software as I was looking for an alternative to one of your competitors. As I'm no fan of the monthly fee model, the choice was given. Don't regret joining this lovely community for one second.

Photographer * Design Trainee * Linux nerd

Instagram - Youtube - Website

Hi I am Dave, use to have the Adbe CC then the Standalone.  Two days ago I bought Affinity Photo which looks good for me, plus I got the Workbook too but just waiting for it to arrive.  I am also having a 30 day free trial of Capture One Pro 11 as I want to have both working side by side.

Hello, I am Tony Scott "painTony", well that's how my better half defines me.   I'm getting on a bit, but not too old to make changes - I'm a refugee from Adobe, especially now they are getting rid of Muse and shutting down Business Catalyst.   Just got *PHOTO AND *DESIGNER and learning through tuts as we speak.   Glad to be here!