You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi,

My name is Sérgio Cabral.

I'm a graphic designer from Portugal and through the years I've gone from Corel Draw to Illustrator for all my vector needs, but always kept looking around for a true alternative.

Affinity Designer seems to be just that, and both the development roadmap and the current software features already promise a brilliant future.
I'm betting on that and joining in. So good luck everybody!

Hello,

I go by the name ONSO and it's a pleasure to meet all you. I have been a creative all my life — one that works in both traditional and digital mediums. I've been looking for an Adobe replacement for quite sometime and when I saw Affinity Designer in the Apple App store I was hooked — I downloaded it and never looked back. The only Adon'tbe software I have on my system now is Acrobat. I'm hopeful that the great team at Affinity attacks that as well. I truly want to divorce Adon'tbe all together. So, please keep doing what you guys are doing and I'm yours forever.

Thanks for giving us something better. 

15"-inch MacBook Pro, 2017, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 | 16Gb

Hi, I'm Jeff. I am a professional photographer (both film and the digital era) and I am a long time Photoshop user. I was intrigued to see that Serif are taking on image editing for the professional market, just as Apple are dropping support for Aperture. I expect logical menu structures, ease of use, multiple methods of achieving an endpoint from anywhere within the software, plugin acceptance, CMYK, Pantone and hexachrome compliance, separations and pre-press capabilities including traps and knockouts within my professional image editing software. I will be watching the development of Affinity Photo with great interest. 

Good morning:

I'm Jim Offord. I am a research scientist who works with confocal microscopy images a lot. Until recently, I have done most of my editing in the software that comes with the scope, and with a copy of Photoshop on a lab computer. I am pretty excited to be able to use Photo on my desktop(That way I can work at home where the coffee and music is better.)

I was a long time user of Freehand in the good old days. Then moved to Canvas, then moved to Illustrator. Those were all paid for by my former employer in Big Pharma. Since I moved back to an academic position, I have been more frugal. I was interested in Designer when I ran across it, and I have been using it for a while now. I love it. I am looking forward to using Photo. I have different uses for the software, both Designer and Photo, than most of the people on the forum. I have used Designer to put together illustrations for grants and publications. Worked great.

One note-I notice that you (People at Serif)will be posting on Facebook and Twitter. I hope that you will also provide the information in places outside those two. I am neither a Facebook nor a Twillter user-by choice-so if you could make sure that the information is available in some other venue, that would be great.

Now, off to do some work in Photo.

Jim

One note-I notice that you (People at Serif)will be posting on Facebook and Twitter. I hope that you will also provide the information in places outside those two. I am neither a Facebook nor a Twillter user-by choice-so if you could make sure that the information is available in some other venue, that would be great.

Yes Jim we'll also be proving information by email for those that have signed up to our betas (or the newsletter at https://affinity.serif.com/#newsletter) - not too often, we don't want to be spamming people. Plus we'll also be announcing important stuff here in the forums including new betas, launches, new issues of Affinity Review etc. New videos will automatically appear on Vimeo at http://vimeo.com/macaffinity.

Thanks for your support. Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Hi all, My name is Kim.  I am not a professional by any means, but have been playing with AI a bit and now Affinity Designer.  Being that this is a hobby for me and not job related in any way, the cost of CC is just not realistic.  I am very happy to have found an alternative that will allow me to be creative and learn as I go!  I look forward to learning from all of your expertise.  :)

Hello everyone,

I'm an independent french film maker, I've been testing Affinity Photo to design some promo pictures for my last short movie.

I'm very happy with the beta version but I have to download the new version and I can't find the right page to do so.

Cheers,

Antoine

Hello everybody....I am a school teacher in Kansas and have always had a craving for photography... starting off with the canon ae-1.  Now that I will soon have more time on my hands I want to utilize a software program that will correct and enhance my photo's.  Looked at photoshop and didn't really like the way they structured their pricing. Then I heard about Affinity so it led me to this site.  Sooo, will try the beta and hope for the best.

Good luck to those in the background working on this and other projects...in this day and age everybody wants it right now....hey, do your thing, take your time and get it right.... it will pay off in the long run.  

God Bless!!

Hello all. :) I've posted around a bit already, but I am a graphic designer currently serving as art director at Worthwhile, a web and app design and development firm from Greenville, SC, USA. I do a bit of dabbling in illustration on the side. I've been using Photoshop for over ten years, but I'm always on the lookout for new apps that are better geared toward my workflow. Ever since discovering Affinity I've been testing both Designer and Photo in my workflow, and with the current roadmap I'm looking forward to spending more of my day in both. And once Publisher comes around...  :D

Hi,

My name is Sérgio Cabral.

I'm a graphic designer from Portugal and through the years I've gone from Corel Draw to Illustrator for all my vector needs, but always kept looking around for a true alternative.

Affinity Designer seems to be just that, and both the development roadmap and the current software features already promise a brilliant future.

I'm betting on that and joining in. So good luck everybody!

Hi SuperBadger, welcome to the forums.

You should chat to Rui_mac as he's from Portugal as well.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Today is the day!  I will be buying this fantastic program once I can get out to the conbini and hoard up some iTunes cards!  :D

I introduced myself months ago, but haven't been around for a while.  I'm back, and I have not abandoned you, Affinity Designer developers!  Looking forward to jumping back into the fray within just a few hours now!  Got lots of ideas, and now I can finally follow through on them.

Today is the day!  I will be buying this fantastic program once I can get out to the conbini and hoard up some iTunes cards!   :D

I introduced myself months ago, but haven't been around for a while.  I'm back, and I have not abandoned you, Affinity Designer developers!  Looking forward to jumping back into the fray within just a few hours now!  Got lots of ideas, and now I can finally follow through on them.

Welcome back, fire up AD/APh and wow us.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

hi to all,

I'm John and I've been a professional user of Photoshop since the day that Windows 95 was released. Have worked also for two developers of plug-ins for Photoshop, most recently on this one: http://postworkshop.net/. And am currently a member of Adobe's Pre-Release team (the Photoshop CC and ACR beta test crew - jeez, maybe that's supposed to be a secret ...).

Anyways, I'm really impressed with Designer and very encouraged by the Photo beta. I think that's it's vital, for good commercial uptake, for Serif/Affinity to aim really high with both applications. And to keep ease-of-use in the forefront of the development goals. It's clear that a lot of new users of Illustrator and Photoshop - particularly since the introduction of the $9.99 per month plan for the latter - are struggling with the learning curve(s). I've become interested in developing automated "helpers" for Photoshop, in the form of Actions there. So, I'm hoping that whatever problems the Macro Persona in Photo has encountered, that they can be fixed soon.

More news and views later ... go Affinity, GO!

Hello,

New Affinity Designer user here.

Used Deneba Canvas from v 3.5 through 10.

Switched to Adobe CS3 when Mac development of Canvas ceased.

Was ok with paying Adobe the upgrade fees.

Became outraged with the subscription-only option.

My graphics use is primarily for constructing  presentation visuals mostly from scratch. There are many months of each year that I'm not using any graphics tools.  Why pay a monthly fee for that???

I'm incredibly excited to be get up to speed with the Affinity suite of tools while continuing to use CS6 for the time being. Archiving is a big deal. There's a dual-boot G4 here to run OS9 and OS X 10.4.x.  Talk about a mind-numbing legacy conversion campaign lasting several months! Soon there will be Mac set up to run CS6 in the future when needed.

It is clear to me based on my short time with Affinity Designer, that it and Affinity Photo will be my tools of use in the very near future.

I'm self taught and not a graphics pro. A couple of samples here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20203707/Therapy/00_Cover.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20203707/Therapy/03i_U.B.%20slowRoll%2Bcapsule%232.pdf

Looking forward to following your road map of development.

Best regards,

Wally

Hi Wally & jstvnsn

welcome to the forums

Don't forget to visit the road map to see what's coming next.

https://affinity.ser...opic/1689-faqs/

Let's see what you can do...I've put my favourite pins on my Pinterest board... here's a few from it

https://www.pinteres...inity-designer/

https://www.pinteres...-family-guy-tr/

https://www.pinteres...ets-the-eejits/

As for the various tutorials, MEB has kindly posted these links here

http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/

Should be enough to get the ball going.

Enjoy

peter

Hi I'm Dennis Wild and I have used photoshop since its release. Now though I just dont think I feel like rented software. I have been using Affinity Beta and I'm very pleased so far its just a matter of getting to know how. When is it releasing? I'll be owning a copy.

Hi Mates!

I am Gustavo Jota, product manager (primary job) and content producer at my own company www.bebideria.com.br, respectively where I run technology (for mobility ) and work with photography using Fuji and Pentax gear - being this my desired mainstream here.

Graham here from Stoke on Trent, UK. Just had a play with Affinity Photo Beta and I'm impressed so far. Have always used Photoshop and currently have Photoshop CC but would like to get out of the monthly payment trap. If Affinity Photo is as good as I'm hoping then it should be the answer.

Hi  I am Carol Wall.  Im new to this program and at this point am primarily interested in learning all

I can about fonts and styles and how I can shape them in different ways.  Ive created some graphics using words and want to be able to do that with  this product.