You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi every one   I am Alan and I am coming on eighty five,  I have been into computing and doing a bit of graphics for many many years ,and   having a

you tube channel with nearly four million views and over twenty eight thousand subscribers , also do a patron group .(.watercolour by the way ,and not digital worked))) ,that takes a lot of my time,  

the trouble is I cant leave your  darn design program alone ,and it is eating away at my time ,,,,,when I should be on my other work ,. yes ,you have made a very good job of this affinity,,  but !!! I wish I did not like it so much ,,,,,,,grrrrrr

Alan

7 minutes ago, Alano said:

the trouble is I cant leave your  darn design program alone ,and it is eating away at my time ,,,,,when I should be on my other work ,. yes ,you have made a very good job of this affinity,,  but !!! I wish I did not like it so much ,,,,,,,grrrrrr

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Alan. :)

What a great first post!!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, Alano said:

having a you tube channel with nearly four million views and over twenty eight thousand subscribers

Oh I'm jealous. Haha.

Welcome aboard.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, first post.

Switched from P.S. to Affinity this morning. I will be busy watching the tutorials for the next month or so! Can't wait to get started.

I shoot with a Fuji X-T2 and I love it.

Residing in Norfolk UK, semi retired.

I'm very happy to be here.

Hello,

Name is Regi; Former software developer now doing Photography and Animation and Design. Long time Photoshop with some UI and App development in Sketch. Since switching away from the 

Apple eco-system earlier this year I have been using more of Affinity Software for my client work. Looking forward to learning more from everyone on the forum ...

10 hours ago, ByNine said:

Hello,

Name is Regi; Former software developer now doing Photography and Animation and Design. Long time Photoshop with some UI and App development in Sketch. Since switching away from the 

Apple eco-system earlier this year I have been using more of Affinity Software for my client work. Looking forward to learning more from everyone on the forum ...

Hey there,

What style animation do you do?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, I'm a 59 year old hobbyist photog, who loves technology and great software.  I have used Lightroom for 6 years and looking for an alternative to Photoshop, I found Affinity Photo a year or so ago, but I have not really taken the time to learn it yet.  Slowly slowly watching all the tutorials. - Happy New Year to all!

I've been working with digital graphics software since 1985, when I bought my first PC. I've used quite a progression of apps, 2D and 3D, over the years, even assisting a couple of companies with their testing and development programs. Affinity Photo was a comfortable experience from the moment I opened it and began exploring. The GUI is quite attractive and surprisingly intuitive. The features included are full bodied, very powerful and seem quite well considered. After a few weeks of beating AP around a bit, I've found a new tool that fits me quite nicely.

All of that being said, it still has some obvious growing pains ahead, just as I'd expect from any relatively young system. Long and short of it....the software still has a somewhat "early version" feel to it, but I'm willing to be patient as it continues to develop and mature.

Cedge

8 hours ago, mlr52 said:

Hello, my id is mlr52, my name is Michael L Richardson.  I just got the trail link, it says it will take 1 day and 20 hours to download.  I am in Brooklyn, N.Y. USA. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Michael. :)

Forty-four hours sounds rather excessive! Even on a slow dialup connection I would expect to be able to download at a rate of 10 or 12 MB per hour, so neither of the Affinity apps (approximately 250 MB) should take more than about twenty-four hours. Having said that, I doubt whether any dialup service would allow you to remain connected continuously for more than two hours at a time.

Alfred spacer.png

Hello

My name is Eric. Affinity Photo is the first software of its kind I have purchased. At the special pricing, I couldn't refuse and I am pleasantly overwhelmed by all the things it can do.

My only question at this time is since I purchased this product through the Microsoft store, am I properly registered so that I can receive notices of updates?

TIA and Happy New Year to you.

6 hours ago, Cerianthus said:

Hi, Gerard here. Just bought Affinity Photo (for windows) in the end of year sale.

looking for some answers on setting the program up.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Gerard. :)

Please create a separate thread, giving details of your system (OS version, installed RAM, etc) and describing the problems you’re having.

Edit: I’ve just found your other thread here.

Alfred spacer.png

Hi, I'm a visual artist and keen amateur photographer, from South Africa. I've been using Photoscape for years, but needed something that edits non-destructively. It is a big leap, for a forgetful old lady, into a program like this. It is way less intuitive to use, and rather a steep learning curve, but I have been working through tutorials and am so excited by the new possibilities unleashed. I am sure in no time I'll be flying through my editing. Just a question, how long does it typically take to get posts approved by a moderator? I commented on a thread before Christmas, and it still doesn't seem to have been approved?

9 hours ago, Suzi-K said:

Just a question, how long does it typically take to get posts approved by a moderator? I commented on a thread before Christmas, and it still doesn't seem to have been approved?

Welcome to the Affinity forum, Suzi-K.

What thread did you post your comment on? Normally, posts on this forum don't need to be approved.

• Staff

Hi Suzi-K,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I've checked and couldn't find any other post from you on the Forum. Are you sure you have submitted it after writing it clicking the Submit Reply button?

Only the first post needs approval (which we already have done for you) so you don't have to wait from now on.