You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Really ? I was too think we people over 40 are more PC/Mac, desktop people (I certainly am...) rather than phones/tablets users....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Poking around the forums as I'm a newbie to the Affinity line. Just retired, entering the publishing world full time now and getting off the Adobe carousel. Now wouldn't you know it? Affinity Publisher is getting ready to come out. I have been a heavy user of InDesign and would dearly love to read some news from Affinity on the latest Publisher status. Many are salivating its imminent arrival, but I am willing to wait until the baker says rise! Yet, I am still a curious cat and would like to hear any Publisher updates. I must say, overall, although I am indeed a newbie, I certainly feel an affinity for Affinity will only grow. Thanks, Wolf Wallis

iMac (late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5, Running Affinity Photo, Publisher. Running Adobe CS5.5 on external disk with Mavericks...when the bugs abate in Publisher, last line not needed.

Hi

I'm Dave Atkinson, a lapsed Serif user but now back on the game with Affinity Photo. Been sitting for hours watching the tuts on the Tube and following along on the old (no so, just upgraded) desktop. I'm coming to the end of an Adobe contract and probably will not renew, AP is just so good. Would love to be able to work dual monitors though.

regards

prefocus

hi, just bought affinity photo and design and i am new to affinity. used ps for last 1 year and can not afford for another year.

(Deep Gangster voice) Welcome to the affordable righteousness, dude.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello, I'm Kads from Australia
I am a keen photographer and was really looking forward to using Affinity, however, During my downloading process I got a message pop up half way through, saying

Set up Detected the following Problems
*64 bit CPU not found
click here for more information

So I clicked here, and found out that Affinity will not work on my PC...
I am so devastated because I have seen some awesome photos produced from Affinity

Now I have to go through the drama of a refund as I paid via PayPal

Why don't Affinity make a version for a 32 bit Computer??...

I cant afford Photoshop & lightroom, as I don't want to subscribe...

can anyone advise me on what to do now?

thankyou

Hi Kads, and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with Affinity for Windows. For a refund, contact affinityreturns@serif.com. You can return an Affinity product within 14 days. The specifications to the computer is definitely a major piece for complex software to run on it.

Have you heard about the iPad version that recently launched? Hopefully, that will work out for you instead.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello, I'm Kads from Australia

I am a keen photographer and was really looking forward to using Affinity, however, During my downloading process I got a message pop up half way through, saying

Set up Detected the following Problems

*64 bit CPU not found

click here for more information

So I clicked here, and found out that Affinity will not work on my PC...

I am so devastated because I have seen some awesome photos produced from Affinity

Now I have to go through the drama of a refund as I paid via PayPal

Why don't Affinity make a version for a 32 bit Computer??...

I cant afford Photoshop & lightroom, as I don't want to subscribe...

can anyone advise me on what to do now?

thankyou

G'day, Kads,  

Do you know what the spec is for your PC? 

It may have a 64 Bit CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo minimum). 

If so, can you afford to purchase and install Win10 64 Bit? 

All the best, 

Paul. 

Indeed, that's a good idea. Windows upgrade is much cheaper than a full license, less than 50% if I remember well. I don't know how that is done,  I purchase machines that come with an OEM version of the OS, so I never did an upgrade. Probably they only ask you for your Windows (Vista or etc) license number, but I really don't know.  So, maybe around the cost of one Affinity app, and you'd have a shiny new OS as well.   :). In many ways, that could be better, as in my experience, if it was Vista, XP, or even Windows 7, Win 10  handles better the memory. Only to be sure to install at least 4gb of ram. With 2gb, Win8.x or 10 can handle ordinary tasks, but in Windows, for any graphic software, 2GB is too low. (I have 8, going or 16 minimum in the soon to come new machine, a Ryzen, surely )

If the cpu is 64 bits, you can install on it a 64 bit operative system, as Paul says. And has its advantages, as support for nearly everything hardware or software (drivers, the new computers(cpus/boards etc)) is going to be requiring Win 10, as already is happening.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hello

My name is Noe Gonzalez,and After hearing about AD on Instagram and how it was so much better then illustrator I jumped on board.I am a novice so i was used to Ai's shortcuts and tools.AD for me has been super difficult to adjust to,but at the same time super fun.i feel it's lacking a lot of tools atleast for me anyway,but I'm sticking to it and hope to be seeing and using all the new tools comming to this program

Hi, Martin, from Northwest Florida. I'm amateur photographer and long time iPad user. I also use an iMac on which I use Adobe cc, principally Lightroom. I also use the Aurora HDR and MacPhun Luminar products. I used to use Aperture, but when support was dropped for that I moved to Lightroom. All those are on my iMac. However I really prefer particularly when traveling to use my iPad, so have used the mobile version of Lightroom and associated Adobe products.

I currently use a two and half year old iPad Air 2, but will soon upgrade to a 10.5 iPad Pro. Looking forward to iOS 11 in the fall.

From my initial use of Affinity Photos for iPad, I really like it but am having some really simple issues and echo some other comments I've seen about the need for a simple conversion course!

My images are stored on my iMac and hard drives and synced to lightroom mobile. To get the, into Affinity Photos, I have to copy to Apple Photos and then import. I haven't yet tried the process of just uploading raw files to the iPad (Apple Photos) and then into AP.

Saving the images out of AP is fine, but to where? Currently I'd like to get them back to Lightroom, but don't see a simple way of even getting them back to Photos! I'm hoping that with iOS 11 and High Sierra there will be motivation to move away from Adobe.

As I say, a conversion course would be excellent.

One last thing, I've got a couple images on my AP home screen and don't want them - I was just experimenting - but I can't delete them!

Help!

• Staff

Hi Martino2579,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To delete the files in Affinity Photo Welcome Screen tap the small menu icon (three lines) on the bottom-right of each thumbnail and select Delete.

We are improving Affinity Photo for iPad workflows with iOS and cloud apps/services. iOS 11 should also bring some improvements.

Hi!

I'm Audra and I'm a comic artist from Hawaii. I recently upgraded to the new iPad Pro and figured I should give the Affinity suite a try! I'm looking for an on-the-go alternative for some of flatting/color work, so I can get some pages done when I'm away from home. 

About one week in and doing OK! Learning the interface and how the tools work as I go. 

-Audra

Just bought my first ipad pro and as soon as its delivered later on today will be downloading affinity.  cant wait, im a photographer/printmaker/artist so really excited to be using this.  Hope ive done the right thing going down this route?  as i normally use PS/LR and other drawing apps.  Love seeing all you work and glad this forum exists as im sure i'll have lots of annoying newbie questions so i apologies in advance x 

Hi all, my name is John Steel, an experienced hobbyist photographer. A past president of the Rochdale Photographic Society and currently president elect for a second term as president.

I have purchased Affinity Photo to run  on a Windows 10 PC and have to say my initial impression is most favourable. However I wish it ran faster as it is slow both loading files and applying adjustments. Thyis is despite having a fast PC with 16GB of RAM!!

Opps!  Duplicate post.........  SORRY

Hi, I am John and an experienced hobbyist photographer,a past president of Rochdale Photographic Society and now president elect for the coming year. Just started using Affinity Photo as an alternative to PS and so far most impressed. Just would like it to work a bit faster on my Windows 10 PC, as even with a quad processor and 16GB DDR ram it is rather slow loading images and performing editing tasks. Hopefully something to be addresses in an update? 

Hello, my name is Firoze. I'm from Mumbai, and am a longtime advanced amateur photographer. I've been using Macs and iPads ever since they were introduced. I have a large photo library of 40000 photos synced to iCloud and since I travel extensively, I have always wanted to do advanced photo editing on the go. So when I saw the demo of AP at the Apple WWDC, I took the plunge and bought a iPad Pro 12.9" 512Gb, and installed AP. I've been using it for a few days and have been very pleased, except for a few issues with opening/saving photos which I will post on the appropriate threads.

My congratulations to the Affinity team to for developing this powerful yet user friendly App, and hope you will continue to develop and refine it over time.

Kind regards.

Hello creative world, this is Floris. I am just me, living near Amsterdam, Netherlands. With my cat Sasha, and I sit behind my iMac 2017 model most of the days, and thinking about and brainstorming about all these ideas and projects ahead of me. And I am hoping that Affinity software is helping me realise those ideas and turning those projects into reality. I am excited to get started. But how could I start without saying hello to everybody. :)

I never introduced my self. I'm a photographer/retoucher/film maker and cg artist from the Netherlands. You can find my work at www.nickfranken.com

Since 1997 I'm a notorious photoshop user :). And since the 1st beta a Lightroom user. I lover multimedia and I love computers. Since two months I use Affinity Photo and since two weeks I don't even have a Creative Cloud subscription any more. I also switched from LR to DXO and Phocus for my Raw conversion. And from Adobe premiere to Davinci Resolve. After Effects is switched to Motion 5. 

Affinity woke me up from a Adobe dream, because of switching to Affinity I had to find other software too. And I discovered that Adobe isn't the best creative software maker! DXO is so much better compared to LR, and Davinci Resolve is heaven compared to Premiere Pro. So people of Serif, thanks. No I have better software for less money!

Keep up the good work!

Hi all. My name is Graham and am very new to the Affinity world of apps. My 20 year on day job has been 100% Adobe so I'm very intrigued to learn what Designer and Photo have to offer. When home I'm a graphic/logo/branding designer from up in't West Yorkshire, with a new MacBook and Designer installed I'm holding back on an Illustrator subscription! :(

So far Designer has been ok. I'm struggling with the transition from Illustrator but slowly getting there. There are many similarities but so far too many annoyances that don't seem to make my workflow easy. (old habits perhaps). I'll persevere with it for a while longer. I really want it to be my go to vector program.

I'd be interested to hear what's in the pipeline for future releases, or to be part of any beta programs.

So, that's me. Cheers.

Hi All!

My name is Jorge De Silva, and I'm a Portuguese photographer & filmmaker based in Switzerland.

I am (soon: was) an adobe user for years, but now I decided to simplify my life, and go away from all the adobe suite. Not only dropping Photoshop, but also premiere, lightroom, illustrator, etc...

I discovered Affinity Photo a couple weeks ago, and I was super impressed, so I decided to ask serif for a test program,/ partnership!

It turned out that now is my main photo editing / manipulator software.

There are a lot of things that I still need to test, and a lot of things that I will probably request, but this is looking pretty good already.

Feel free to join me on my social media networks and check my website also :)

All the best,

Jorge De Silva