You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Looks awesome, great job all!  By chance will it work on iPad mini 4?

Did you perhaps mean to post to a different thread? Anyway, the answer to your question is that it won't work on any iPad Mini.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, My name is Shane Plesner, and I'm an avid fan of your software - especially Serif PagePlus. I am eagerly awaiting the launch of Affinity Publisher. I'd even be willing to do testing (windows version) and submit feedback, if that's possible.

Hi Guys Thank You for Creating this Affordable applications 

We give you all the promotion we can :)

it is running Nicely on Mac an Windows

and the new iPad version runs like a charm on our iPad Pro when we change the language settings from Swedish to English

Hopeful that you send an update to fix this crashing bug

so that we can use a Swedish keyboard

Regards Svendus

https://youtu.be/j9jyvzY7RdY

svendus_googlemaps.png  trusted-photographer-64x64.jpg

Hi there, new user here!

A copy of both Photo and Designer magically appeared in my desktop at work (well not really magically, some paypal was involved, duh).

Let's see if I can make the switch without anybody realizing! And maybe, when all is said and done, I'll expose my evil plan and make them ditch Adobe for good, too.

I'm the only designer here and I only ever need the Big Three, so the full subscription they pay monthly to Adobe is really ~really overkill.

Nice to meet you all and thanks for this wonderful software!

... the new iPad version runs like a charm on our iPad Pro when we change the language settings from Swedish to English

Hopeful that you send an update to fix this crashing bug

so that we can use a Swedish keyboard

Version 1.6.1 fixes the bug, and it has been confirmed that it works for Swedish. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi everyone!

My name (more accurately my nickname) is JT and I am an amateur digital illustrator, mostly providing pseudo-technical illustrations and media as a side part of my job. I am long time CorelDraw user starting with version 4 all the way up to X6, which I still use. However, I have been looking to step away from CorelDraw recently. I was pleased to find and try the AD demo, and I just purchased the full version this morning! I have been quite impressed with the functionality of AD so far. While it is missing some things that I love in CorelDraw, it does a lot of things better that I very much appreciate. I am looking forward to digging into AD further :)

Happy to be here!

Hi, I'm Ashcat, well that's my nickname, and new to AP and this forum. I've been working with Adobe Photoshop about 20y but they haven't a good app for the iPad. Missed chance for them and lucky for the AP guys! I'm totally impressed about this app.

I'm using it for editing my photos and I love to draw. Two complete programs in one! But there is a lot to explore for me.

Hope we all have a lot of fun and I wish the moderators and developers a lot of success with all the questions they surely get these days! Love from the Netherlands.

(By the way, can I change the topic to newest post first on my screen?)

iMac 27", iPad Pro 12,9", Apple Pencil.

Hi. My name is Ilya, I'm from Perm, Russia.

I am very impressed and pleased that there is another alternative to vector monsters such as corel or illustrator. With vector editors I work for a very long time, more than 10 years. Affinity Designer is very surprising by its simplicity and rapidity. I wish a bug-free future for this app and make the best and coolest functionality ever for users.

designer butcher — nodeus.ru

Hi all,

I am a retired journalist living in a so-called 55+ in Stockholm, Sweden, condo doing a quarterly magazine in my spare time. Interests apart from writing and layout is jazz and blues, car and moto racing, engineering and most things technical. This app seems fantastic. Anyone know how to link text frame to frame please let me know.

Hello,

My name is Joe, I'm massively impressed with Affinity Photo!

(It's the bargain of the century!)

:D

I'm using the software on a Surface Pro 3 and so far, nothing but positive results.

Thank you Serif for ending my adobe subscription.

Hello:  Name is Chris.  I'm a pro photog (using Mac's), that has been unsuccessfully attempting to integrate my iPad into an efficient workflow since the tablet's inception. To date, the iPad has been pretty worthless as a true production workflow tool for a working photographer IMO.   I'm hoping Affinity & the iPad Pro 10.5 could be the beginning to a solution.  Don't yet own the software (mac or IOS), but I heard Affinity IOS discussed at the recent WWDC conference.  

Will be purchasing the 10.5 iPad Pro to replace my Air-1. I've been trying to find out without success if the 10.5 Pro, using Apple's new lightning to usb-3 camera adapter

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter  will allow me to attach a USB-3 CF card reader but more important, a USB-3 external hard drive.   With it's built in USB-C power port, I'm hoping this adapter will allow one to FINALLY connect a USB-3 ext hard drive that requires bus power to function.

IF all of that works ;)  either just a USB-3 CF card reader or external USB-3 drive, can I import images thru this dongle into the Affinity IOS app?  That's my first question.

IS there files' interaction between Affinity IOS and MacOS?

Does Affinity IOS support Canon Raws, and Leica DNG raw files?

Does Affinity IOS support some level of batch process?  Don't expect 1000 batch files to process (that'd be nice), but at least a few dozen would be nice.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on my first post!

Hello guys!

My name is Norm. I was born and raised in Montreal, and now located on the French Riviera (met Love there in 2008). I own a professional photography business (more then 20 years) and another company with 2 partners in web development. I live and breath in Adobe Lightroom, not much in Photoshop but the arrival of Affinity Photo got me really interested. It's very new to me, I just downloaded/purchased in the App Store this afternoon (Yes, Apple is my favorite fruit). I also purchased the iOS version for my iPad Pro 12.9" and just started working with it (with an Apple Pencil).

So, I'm looking forward to see how Affinity Photo can help me in my activities, while hoping to see Affinity Publisher soon. That would be awesome.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to exchange (and learn!) with all of you.

Cheers!

Norm

Hi Norm and welcome to the Affinity forum.

If you come from Lightroom, then be aware that there will be a DAM (digital asset manager) by Affinity which is to compete with it. For the time being, definitely take advantage of the four middle buttons at the bottom of the Layers panel (mask, adjustments, effects, and filters). These options are elsewhere in the interface, but the layers, to me, are the easiest place to find them. (I closed out the tabs of those same options to unclutter the workspace.) My brother uses Lightroom a lot too, but he didn't understand where a lot of the same options were in Photo. He mostly uses adjustments, so I told him a lot of the same options are within the Layers panel. Just as some information.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi I'm a Professional Photographer and Photoshop teacher in the UK.

Affinity Photo appears to be an excellent alternative to PS, but the dark interface is putting off many of my students from buying the product.

When is the lighter interface being released? (Affinity Photo 1.6 expected by Easter)

many thanks

Hello Fellow Affinity users! :)

I am a long time graphics artist, cartoonist, and caricaturist.  ( 25 years )

I have been using Serif products for many years now.  I work on Apple Mac computers and iPad pro.

I have to say the the AFFINITY line of products are a trend setter and I believe it will revolutionize the photo and graphics world.  Especially with Adobe forcing people into monthly payments.

I currently use Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for MAC and iPad Pro.

I am happy to say that I have been Adobe FREE for 2 years now and I am not even looking back.

I am very honored to be part of this wonderful community.  Everyone in the forums are very helpful, talented, and fun!

Best Regards,

Bill

Hello Fellow Affinity users! :)

I am a long time graphics artist, cartoonist, and caricaturist.  ( 25 years )

I am into cartoon illustration as well. What is your style?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!