You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

SrPx,

I don't think it also refers to how many activations works on a single computer or platform.

"if you are a private individual, to download, install, use and run for personal use, one (1) copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer"

If your computer were to crash and you had to uninstall it, or if you had to use another computer, I believe you can still install Affinity again, as long as both versions are not running at the same time. Anyone, feel free to correct me.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I see. Thank you both for the information.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I've probably been using Serif ever since there was a Serif. Now I'm trying to get holiday pics ready for my journal. Affinity became unresponsive 13 times or more yesterday and shut itself down half a dozen times. The most problems I've ever had - and my first computer experience was with IBM 360 in 1961.Even so I don't pretend to know much and have rarely been on any forum - other than a Gillie Potter brains trust in 1948 and I doubt whether even Google knows about that. I'm on Windows 10. (with SSHD with plenty of room) Should say that Microsoft products also become unresponsive from time to time.

Hi, I'm Dave Straker. Chair of local camera club (Abergavenny). Utterly delighted to find Affinity Photo.

Been using CS6 for years. Refuse to pay Adobe tax for CC. Also irritated that now ACR  doesn't accept RAW files from Sony RX100V. Have used On1, especially for its fast browse and latest RAW developer. It also integrates well with other software. But AP has so much more depth!

Currenlty chewing through the huge list of videos. Many thanks for these!

I'm also planning on developing an 'Anything but Photoshop' presentation to take around other camera clubs, in which AP will be the star.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Hi, I'm Dave Straker.

Hello kinder, my dear freunde. I am froh you enjoy Affinity, and I do hope you enjoy your bleibe. Until we meet again, auf wiedersehen!

Auf Wiedersehen

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I've probably been using Serif ever since there was a Serif. Now I'm trying to get holiday pics ready for my journal. Affinity became unresponsive 13 times or more yesterday and shut itself down half a dozen times. The most problems I've ever had - and my first computer experience was with IBM 360 in 1961.Even so I don't pretend to know much and have rarely been on any forum - other than a Gillie Potter brains trust in 1948 and I doubt whether even Google knows about that. I'm on Windows 10. (with SSHD with plenty of room) Should say that Microsoft products also become unresponsive from time to time.

Hello Simplefella, and welcome to the forum.

I didn't realize I missed your post. I am sorry to hear you are facing issues. You might be better off posting that in the Bugs section. Problems here may not be realized.

Hello,I;m Brian Macrae, I'm newbie here

Hello, my clone (my name is Brian too), and welcome again to the forum.

Newbie, eh? Well be sure to check out the Tutorial section, so you can get started. As a quick tip, since the layers confuse a lot of newcomers, it works the same and at the same time different from Illustrator. Every object and pencil stroke gets its own layer, and that can pile up fast. But not unless you click the New Layer button. Then you can drag all the objects and pencil strokes right in, and anything new you create will be nested in that layer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Mplay,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

In case you are not aware, there's plenty of video tutorials to help you get started. Take a look at the In-house Affinity Photo Video Tutorials thread for a list of all the available videos.

The help file also covers all functionality in detail. If you have any questions just go ahead and post them in the forums.

Watch out, Mouse. I noticed that MattP with a cat avatar likes your post. If he offers you cheese, don't take it.

Hello Everyone I am a newbie here and with Affinity. I have previously used Corel and Adobe but since converting over to Apple everything lol I have decided to purchase Affinity Photoshop and Designer. I absolutely love the tutorials they are well put together and very informative.

You must be the mouse from the movie, Mouse Hunt. He was a clever little fella.

I just bought the Affinity Photo (for Windows) in the past few hours.  I plan on buying the Affinity Designer (for Windows), too.  I haven't installed the Photo program yet.  

I'm a complete newbie to Photo Editor's, but I saw a "Video Commercial", that came on before a youtube video.  In the video commercial, I saw a Salvador Dali "warped clock" like example and I just had to click on the link.  I thought I'd let you, the maker's of this software, know how I became aware of this product, because there wasn't a survey on how people found out about this software.

Anyway, not much to know about me, except I love editing video's and I believe adding these tools will help my video's go in another direction.  I also want to make original artwork for my hobbyist, jewelry making adventures.  I'm hoping, that once I become proficient in Affinity Photo and Designer, I can use my video editing skill to contribute back to those who will help me.  :D  

Hi, I'm Fiona.  I've recently upgraded from Serif v5.  I considered jumping headlong into Adobe, but looked carefully at Affinity first.  Well, there really wasn't an argument... with the new facilities and of course the vast cost difference, I put my money with Affinity.  Now, I'm up and running I'm finding even more for that money and absolutely love it.  (NB. using Affinity Designer also, but not so much and still working my way through the Workbook).

Most of my work is 3D modelling (SketchUp) and visualising (Twilight Render), so Affinity Photo fits into this work flow pre & post production.

I've been enjoying this program so much I'm thinking/planning to branch out from modelling into other digital illustration... a long term dream!

I am a traitor! Yes, I should be hung! I have left the Corel graphics universe, only to defect to Serif and their Affinity series of products! Yesterday, I purchased Affinity Designer, and today I purchased Affinity Photo. Begone Corel! I am oh so ashamed since Corel is Canadian! Shhhh, don't tell my fellow Canadians, lest they grab their hockey sticks and come a'hunin' for me!

No traitor on my watch. I say you made a wise decision.

Coming from a long experience of another program, it can take time getting use to for sure. For the interface, if you look on the main menu, the buttons are in different sets for recognizing categorized operations such as ordering, transforming (flipping and rotating), alignment, snapping, and so on. And the layers is something that does confuse people. You do not have to have each stroke get its own layer. If you want layers nested under one, then just add a new Vector Layer. Then sublayers can be located when you expand that one.