You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi all,

I'm a front-end web developer and just bought Affinity Designer today to work on my web design skills - from wireframing to website mockups. I have worked with Photoshop years ago but never quite got the hang of it. I'm hoping AF will be a better fit for my current needs. 

See you around.

I am Claas Kuhnen - teach in industrial design at wayne state in Detroit Michigan and run my own design studio.

Been with Adobe and Macromedia since they came out!

Happy to finally have found better options!

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

Hi all - 

I have been lurking here a few weeks and have posted a few photos recently in 'show your work' thread.

Owner/Editor/Publisher/Production/Photographer/Computer Trouble Shooter/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at a small town Community Weekly Newspaper in Ohio, USA. My wife is co-owner and Ad Sales Manager/Production. We use iMacs for all things necessary to publish the newspaper.

In 1986 my dad (since deceased), one of my 4 sisters and I jumped into the fire of desktop publishing - buying two 512k Mac computers and a $5,000 laserwriter. We eventually ended up migrating to the Adobe suite of Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Acrobat, although we only learned what was needed to publish a newspaper and not much else. We learned a lot by the seat of our pants.

I enjoyed using Photoshop for years, but when they went subscription I started looking around for what else might be out there. I had not seen anything as a potential replacement until I discovered Affinity Photo, so recently purchased it and have much to learn.

When I post a photo online for scrutiny at other forums, I include the fact that I am switching over to Affinity Photo, to put the name out there.

My name is Mike and I'm one week into AD and two weeks into AP and I have already cancelled my Adobe subscription.   Your products are feature rich and easy to navigate.  I'm not a professional designer but, I have already created more professional results with my photos and flyers than I ever did in PS.

Great Job.

I enjoyed using Photoshop for years, but when they went subscription I started looking around for what else might be out there. I had not seen anything as a potential replacement until I discovered Affinity Photo, so recently purchased it and have much to learn.

Your story is very similar to mine - I'm also appalled by Adobes subscription model taking the already slim financial spine out of small papers.

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Hi everyone,

I'm just an amateur photographer. 

Making exciting and fascinating photographs, nature, landscape, faune and flora, architecture, portraits, Urban decay, etc. , it does not matter.

For almost a decade, I've been using Photoshop to optimize my pictures.

I loved Adobe but I just can't justify the cost anymore.  

An overview of recently uploaded photos can be found on my Google+ account:

On friday, I downloaded Affinity Photo (Windows) and I'm overall impressed.

I played around several hours trying to see if I can do everything I do with photoshop and wow ...!

Finally a decent and modern replacement for Adobe's monopoly !

Thank you all of you.

Hubert

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Hi everyone,

I'm Catherine from the UK. I'm in my final year of a fashion degree and have used Affinity Photo for a few months, I'm loving it :) and hope to become more proficient over time.

My setup is a Macbook Pro and an external monitor, a Wacom Bamboo tablet and a Nikon D5500.

Feel free to say hello.

Hi everyone,

I felt very connected with illustrator until Affinity Designer came along :) I have about 10 years of experience in Adobe suite, but funny thing is after a year abouts in AD/AP I have a hard time going back. Affinity is still young and have a few quirks/bugs to get familiare with, but found that brain of Affinity is very responsive and working hard to get this nailed down properly. At this rate, I believe there will be a strong and active community building a sound and strong future for both and I am very excited about what the future will bring.

• Staff

Hi davidcr1,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Inpainting Brush Tool is only available in Affinity Photo (Photo Persona). If you are opening a RAW file it will open in Develop Persona, You have to click the (blue) Develop button to move to Photo Persona to be able to use the Inpainting Brush Tool. To access it click on the small arrow in the Healing Brush Tool to open a popup with additional tools (see screenshot).

post-59-0-60602000-1471882824_thumb.jpg

Hello, All.

I'm Forrest Richey

S[ometimes]AKA Ficus strangulensis and have been dabbling in the micropress and mail-art [most of my web presence is at IUOMA on ning] since 1990 and am considering adopting Affinity as my main image manipulation app.

[corel photopaint v9 keeps running afoul of windows-10's updates and, most recently, windows-10 'killed' my Canoscan 5600 scanner.]

I'm also running ubuntu 16.04 but do NOT want to port my workflow over to that 'box because I don't have the drivers required to use my printers and scanners.

Currently using windows-10 64bit and Corel Photopaint v9, Filter Forge v6 and Google's Deep Dream for altering images used in mail-art.

I had thought I was coming here to get the Affinity windows beta but apparently missed it so I'm waiting to see if I can justify the price without trying it.

I'm open to anyone's thoughts and feelings about my switching from photopaint and Corel Draw v9 to Affinity

Y'r [new] ol' Bud,

Fike

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Fike. :)

I had thought I was coming here to get the Affinity windows beta but apparently missed it so I'm waiting to see if I can justify the price without trying it.

Ten-day trial versions for Windows are coming soon. Meanwhile, you could simply purchase the full version now and apply for a refund within fourteen days if you decide it doesn't suit you. Refunds through the Affinity Store are apparently much more straightforward than refunds through the Mac App Store.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, My name is Mark and I have been using Serif Drawplus, Movieplus Pageplus and Photoplus for well over 5 years now. Great to see progress on the Affinity range and hope there is a page one coming out soon. We're interested in epublications so will be keen to explore any new developments in this area.

Shame there won't be a movie variant of Affinity as that was probably the most stable app I had on the PC here, but I guess you can't spread your jam too thinly. Better to get a few apps right  than half a dozen that are almost right eh! :-)

Good day! my name is Bashiri. I have been using Affinity photo for a couple of months and my person is really enjoying it.

However I am having an issue with the use of the add noise filter. The add noise filter is displayed in the photo personal when applied to a colored vector shape. However, when merge visible is engaged or when the image is exported the add-noise is not visible...

How can I resolve this issue?

Hi, my name is Ed Lee (Rosie).

I have been using Serif products for about 13 years and I have purchased just about every program they have developed.

But I have only recently heard about Affinity Photo and Designer! How they escaped me I don't know. But I have just bought them.

I am 68 and still love my photography and graphic design.

Just one question, is Photostack compatible with Affinity Photo? If not, is there a similar program in the pipeline?

Ed

• Staff

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, Photostack is not compatible with Affinity Photo. It's not able to view/open afphoto files. Affinity Photo already covers the photo editing features of Serif Photostack, but it's not able to manage libraries or create  albums. There will be a DAM (digital assets software) for managing libraries later but the details are still scarce (no eta for it yet).

have a question how to verify, the version of Affinity

Go to the Help menu and choose the 'About...' option (« Aide > À propos... »).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi there,

I'm Valentino a Software Engineer and developer who -from time to time- also has to work around with bitmap and vector graphics. For some custom projects I recently got an old iMac in order to do some OSX and iOS programming and Windows software portings etc. - Since I was missing an overall capable and fast vector program on OSX, I recently bought Affinity Designer for that purpose.

Valentino

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi am Gijs from the Netherlands. I've been designing things for print and web for 10+ years with Adobe. But luckily I've read an article about new designer software. That was 2 months ago, and now owner of the AP, AD and the book. I must admit, that there is a learning curve if you are used to Adobe software, but after the book and some tutorials, its not that different. The thing that stands out the most for me is that I am really impressed what Serif has done with the software for just 50 bucks for each program. I mean, just illustrator alone is 20 bucks every month. So yes I am very happy with this new designer tool, so I can make a bit more profit by saving at software cost. I am using both programs for Windows 10 now, and knowing the beta stage that the programs are in, I am surprised how good both programs work. Of course there are some tools missing, and some features slow you're documents down more then you would want to see, but again, Its impressive what you get for the 50 bucks. Keep it up Serif team :)

Ow and the support and customer attention is very good so far. People really listen if you have a problem or suggestion.