You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

Hi there, Affinity Users! 

I am new to Affinity products. A couple of weeks ago I purchased Affinity Designer and I am on my way to purchasing Photo. I am a PC person. I am waiting for my WorkBook to arrive. I can hardly wait to get stuck into Designer. I am also very excited about the Publisher app - I have a few questions regarding that. 

I love being creative on the PC. I look forward to getting to know people here and sharing my work - when I get round to doing any! 

Best wishes!  :)

Hi, I'm Ian.

I've been a user of all Serif programs since the days before they had Xs in their version, and when some were issued free on magazines, so at my age I don't know if that should be followed by a  :) or a  :(. I have also been, and still am, a member of 'the other' forum under a similar name; I note that 'other' forum member are  using their same name but I thought it better to start (almost) afresh on this forum.

I am (long) retired from my profession as an electrical projects design manager, in lv & mv distribution and my hobbies are photography, animals and their welfare.

I purchased both Affinity Photo & Designer yesterday and am looking forward to getting to know and use them both.

If I have any concerns it is how many of my 'vast' collection of plug-ins that I have amassed over the years will integrate, or be now needed, with Affinity Photo. I may need the help of the more knowledgeable members of the form on this, you have been 'warned'  ;) .

Best regards to all members and best wishes to Serif.

Bud James here. I live in North Wales, PA and have an office for my business in nearby historic Doylestown, PA. Fine art and travel photography is my passion, hobby and part-time business. You can check out my work at www.budjames.photography.

I have been a Canon shooter since high school, over 40 years. Three years ago, I sold my $30k+ worth of Canon pro DSLRs and "L" pro lenses and switched over completely to Fuji-X cameras and Fuji XF lenses. The reduced weight, size and cost was a pleasure and the image quality, particularly with JPGs, was an improvement over the Canon system because the Fuji-X sensor and Fuji XF lenses are so good.

Unfortunately, as a long time Lightroom/Photoshop user, I was not completely happy with the RAW conversions of my Fuji RAF files. Then I discovered CaptureOne Pro! OMG, what a difference in image quality with much less fuss and fiddling. Three months ago, I converted my 145k+ Lightroom image library to a number of C1P catalogs (C1P chokes on large image libraries). A step in that process required converting all of my PSD files to layered TIFs because C1P cannot recognize PSD files. That was not a big deal because I mostly save to layered TIFs anyway for maximum compatibility at the expense of larger file sizes.

My last need to completely dump the Adobe subscription model was to find a replacement for Photoshop. Although I am a competent Photoshop user, the depth of the program has always been way more than I ever needed for my relatively light usage for image retouching and composition.

Then I discovered Affinity Photo! It does everything that I need and even can launch some of the Photoshop plugins that I use, although I find the plugins less useful now since I can do so much in CaptureOne Pro.

I have completed my workflow conversion to CaptureOne Pro (now version 10) and Affinity Photo.

Today, I cancelled my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription! Hooray!!!

Regards,

Bud James

www.budjames.photography

Hello,

My name is Todd, and I found and installed the Beta of Affinity.  I used it last night to create a panorama, stitching together five images of a choir concert.  I found the resulting image very satisfactory.  I couldn't use a tripod, so there were areas that needed filling, and Affinity did it automatically.  This was done mostly well, but one area needed some editing, and an easy to use clone tool would have been quite useful.  I saw the clone/stamp icon, but could not get it to work.  I had to resort to another program for the cloning.  I'm hoping the full version will have easy clone/paste tools, and that I just missed the proper use of it.  I purchased the full windows version a few minutes ago and have high hopes for this software.  

Hi, my name is Gary Hunt and I just purchased Affinity Photo this morning.  Everything looked really good as far as reviews etc so I went ahead and purchased.  Have been using Photoshop Elements 15 and Lightroom 5.  Pretty proficient in lightroom but my God is it slow.  So, have a question right away.  I have been playing with this and I can't seem to get the Blemish Removal Tool to work.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Have tried the tutorials without finding one with the answer. 

• Staff

Hi, my name is Gary Hunt and I just purchased Affinity Photo this morning.  Everything looked really good as far as reviews etc so I went ahead and purchased.  Have been using Photoshop Elements 15 and Lightroom 5.  Pretty proficient in lightroom but my God is it slow.  So, have a question right away.  I have been playing with this and I can't seem to get the Blemish Removal Tool to work.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Have tried the tutorials without finding one with the answer. 

Gary,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. The introduce yourself thread is not the place to expect responses to questions. Please ask this in the questions and feedback forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

A DAM product from Affinity would make me ecstatic.

Hi Chuck, and welcome to Affinity forum.

I am just a new user of Designer,

Get ecstatic, assets management is already included.

Watch this

Sorry my add link icon is not working.

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

Hi everyone,

just wanted to introduce myself, too. I'm a freelance journalist and designer from Germany. I've been watching the development of the Affinity product line for quite some time now and finally bought both Designer and Photo when their 1.5 updates came out recently. I am also a proud owner of the beautiful Affinity Designer Workbook and can't wait for the Photo equivalent to arrive. I use Designer and Photo for both professional and home projects. Since I work for a magazine, the upcoming Affinity Publisher is also of great interest for me. Thanks to the Affinity team for making this.

I originally signed up to this forum to report a bug, but I hope that I will be able to help the community out with some useful forum contributions from time to time.

Cheers

kaffeeundsalz

Hi!

I'm thé marketing and communication employee at a medical distribution company in the Netherlands. I´m the one responsible for creating leaflets, newsletters, brochures etcetera, even though I just got into designing and photo editing. At the moment using Affinity Photo for homeprojects, amateur-photographer here) but interested in further developing my skills for designing and photo-editing for professional reasons. Looking forward to working with Affinity´s programs :) 

Hi I'm Riccardo Pareschi, musician, photographer and web designer, born in Italy and now living in Spain.

I'm new to this products, but for a charity project I've tried Affinity Photo for the great Color Profiles tools.

Now I've bought it for the powerful tools for photography and every days is more integrated in my creative digital life.

Welcome, Riccardo! I'm a Spanish who wanted to go to live to Italy ! Yep, that's another advantage, is way easier to recommend and promote affordable cost apps than super expensive ones...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi, I,m a 70 year old grandma. I am looking to make printables with the Affinity Designer. Ive never worked with Illustrator or any design program. I am planning to buy the workbook and am hoping that it will do a good job of teaching this beginner. I would appreciate any suggestions you have for me.

I would love to learn how to use this program. I have the trial already downloaded.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Good Afternoon.

I'm Biff (or BiffBrown). I recently purchased Affinity Photo after some time looking for an "All-in-One" photo processing program. Up to now, I've been using Free Open source Software - the GIMP being my main platform; although since getting in RAW, I've been looking for something to process those as well.

I settled, eventually, on Affinity, of course. It has an interface and way of working that suits me - a bit GIMP-like. Plus it has RAW processing to boot.

I've enjoyed looking through the Tutorial video's - they may have swung me in your favour :) . I can recognise many of the places in the photographs having visited many of them.

Regards,

Biff

Hi everyone, my name is Frank and I use since some days Affinity Photo 1.5.0.4.5. Am actually not a fanatical photo editor but found this was a nice program. Still a lot of work to get everything. Sorry for the English grammar English is not my native language.

Hi everyone, my name is Frank and I use since some days Affinity Photo 1.5.0.4.5. Am actually not a fanatical photo editor but found this was a nice program. Still a lot of work to get everything. Sorry for the English grammar English is not my native language.

Hi there Frank,

Welcome to this amazing forum.

I am only new to Affinity and found plenty of support here. 

Michael

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Hi there, 

I'm Florin and I'm from Italy, photography is my hobby and passion.

I discovered Affinity Photo when I've bought my first iMac .

I'm also an "old date" Windows user so, last week I've bought Affinity Photo for Windows, in this way I'll use the same fantastic software on two different platform.

Cheers to all!  :)

Hi my name is Mike and I have been introduced to Affinity by a friend who uses a Mac, I use a PC and have found the programme very good. 

I am in the UK and use the old Lightroom 5 and as retired didnt want to go with CC and this came along.

Looke a good programme in the little time I have used it, one hour.

One question, can I put this also on my own personal laptop as I go away alot and it would be very useful to have.

Thanks and looking forward to a long time with you all.

Mike 

Hi I'm Dave and just getting interested in photography after retiring as Mental Health Nurse so any help would be gratefully received. Thanks to all

Hi Dave and welcome. There are so many resources here https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/9-tutorials/

Michael

------