You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ColorTrue support

It would be really great if AP had ColorTrue support so that we could work in a calibrated environment on iPad. X-Rite has made this available to developers.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just had a discussion on an FB group for Capture One and I once again suggested how great it would be to have Capture One on the iPad. Right away, someone brought up calibration. I mentioned X-Rite's ColorTrue Aware SDK and that developers just need to include this to take advantage of the calibrated icc profiles that can be created and stored on an iPad. Someone then mentioned that if this is so great why aren't there developers already taking advantage of this. Someone has to be first. That someone seems to be CamRanger of all people. My guess would be that Photoshop could be next as once it becomes available on iPad (if it's pretty close to the desktop version), pros will want calibration. Once Adobe is on board, others will follow. My question is, why do we need to wait for Adobe? Why can't Serif be the first professional content creation software developer to support this? Maybe if they do, and Photoshop maybe isn't so great on the first version, people will flock to Affinity Photo, Designer (and Publisher?) on iPad for a true pro workflow. Am I the only one who thinks this is a no-brainer?

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I also think that Calibration is a "Must Have" function for a Professional Photo app.Well ..... I would say that Apple should doing something themselves about calibration, especially for Ipad pros, because i suppose that drawers and designers should be interested too.

So once again, we have to count on apps developpers. So please, take this suggestion in account. I can't work without this feature. At this time, I have to check each picture on my computer, and fix tones with photoshop. I would really like to work on my ipad pro with affinity only, but today I can't.

So it's a +1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...