You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards suggestions

Hi!

When working with many Artboards I just got lost in the layers panels sometimes, so I'm wondering if we could have these options to get life easier:

• In the settings, I'd love to have an option to make the layers visible only for the active Artboard;
  • Rename the Artboard in the screen by double clicking over the edge of the page;
  • A short cut to colapse all Layers from all Artboards of my document;
  • When enlarging an Artboard, sometimes we over cross neighbor's Arboards (either from left, right, top or bottom). Id love to see AD organizing our mess by repositioning the Artboard according to previous spaces between them. The effect would look like pulling pages apart.
  • Preview mode: I usually work with multiple Artboards, however, sometimes I wish I could see just one at the time to better focus or to show multiple suggestions (or a campaign) to my clients.

May the force be with you!

Reminous

9 hours ago, reminous said:
  • Rename the Artboard in the screen by double clicking over the edge of the page;

Hi @reminous,

I thought of this myself several times. Thanks for bringing this up.

9 hours ago, reminous said:
  • Preview mode: I usually work with multiple Artboards, however, sometimes I wish I could see just one at the time to better focus or to show multiple suggestions (or a campaign) to my clients.

If you double click in the layers panel on an Artboard exactly this particular artboard is displayed as a whole.

If you place your Artboards far enough apart that they are not visible when zoomed in on that level you should already have what you are asking for.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Yes, nice point here. 

Artboard renaming is kind of messy in affinity and a real fix will be of great help but please Devs make it the way no one did before, something purely Serif Affinity. 

+1 for me. 

Edited by Arnaud Mez

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

16 hours ago, dominik said:

If you double click in the layers panel on an Artboard exactly this particular artboard is displayed as a whole.

If you place your Artboards far enough apart that they are not visible when zoomed in on that level you should already have what you are asking for.

I've been doing that for some time now, that's why I was hopping for a better solution... When you are working with 2, 4 even 10 artboards it is fine, however imagine a document with 15, 20 or more!

Anyways, I appreciate your thoughts and I'm really glad I'm not the only one striving for a better tool and willing to share ideas.

48 minutes ago, reminous said:

however imagine a document with 15, 20 or more!

Indeed, my documents so far consited of much less Artboards and the double click zoom works for me.

I see that there is room for many improvements and fine tuning in the 'usability department' not just the 'tools department' of AD (and APh as well) :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil