You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes not loading correctly

Hi 

It's my first day using Affinity and I was trying to import some ABR brushes. I downloaded the Kyle Webster dry media brushes from Photoshop's website because these are my personal favourite and I uploaded them in Affinity.

But the brushes seem to not work correctly in Affinity and below are two pictures of what they look when used in Affinity vs Photoshop (I was using the exact same ABR file). This problem seems to affect other ABR brushes too (I downloaded some from DeviantArt and they didn't seem right to me).

The brushes in the pictures are roughly the same sizes and in black.

The first image is in Affinity and the second in Photoshop. As you can see they look much better in Photoshop.

How can I fix this?

abr brushes.jpg

photoshop brushes.jpg

And the stable version is the same story. Brushes from Photoshop when exporting to AP do not work correctly (the same as in Photoshop). If you mess around with the settings for a long time, you get a result, but it's still sad.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.