You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Share native Affinity Photo files from iPad to any cloud storage

Maybe this is obvious, but I needed some time to figure it out. In Affinity Photo for iOS, You can

- either save a native file to iCloud Drive (default)
- export a different file format to a storage provider of Your choosing
- OR use drag and drop to place a native file whereever You want.

Why is this important? It speeds up my workflow. I use AP on an iPad to sketch illustrations. I then take them further on the Windows desktop, which has pCloud as main cloud storage. Using the files app I can drop a copy of any sketch file into pCloud on the iPad, and once it has synced I can open it directly in Windows. This should work with Dropbox or any other storage provider that is available on both platforms.

• Staff

Hi Rocketdrive,

Hopefully as we update the iPad version of Affinity we will be able to add extra cloud services to the app.  As it stands we can only default to local storage or iCloud.  With an image open you could always tap on the Document Menu and then Save A Copy and you'll get the Files browser pop up which should list pCloud as one of the locations you can save to.

I'll move this post over to Feature Requests as it will be seen by the Dev team :)