You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey beebs!

I'm using the trial version, tried to use the Gaussian blur but it makes some edges when moved, I guess it made to after I merge the filter. I told my self it would be a rendering thing but it turned to be rendered with the edged as you can see in the photo attached.

Please I need help with this error!

Cheers!

gussian blur error.png

• Staff

Hi M.Gedo,

Welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately I can't replicate this error on my PC, could you please send me a copy of the .afdesign file, so that I can investigate this for you? :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

@M.Gedo, your file opens fine for me, without that flat edge at the top.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Same here, everything looks fine.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

31 minutes ago, M.Gedo said:

here you can check another one I made for you

How much do you need to move it to get the flattened edge? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

actually not out of canvas, but looks that the edges will be rendered in png format, but the edges could be removed if I zoomed in and out (not always), more or less why the software renders the error and the edges.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.28.16 PM.png

54 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

How much do you need to move it to get the flattened edge? :/

please check the video I have attached, you can find how much I moved the object within the canvas.

cheers!

If you moved the object, to avoid any misunderstandings you should have either said so at the beginning or provided us with an afphoto file showing the object after it was moved.

1 minute ago, M.Gedo said:

please check the video I have attached, you can find how much I moved the object within the canvas.

There is no point of reference in the video for the canvas size so we cannot really do that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, M.Gedo said:

I hope so, but I don't want to buy the software with having the same situation ...

As you have seen, both Mac & Windows users of the current retail version cannot duplicate this problem, so I do not think you have to worry about that. (You can't buy an older version, only the current one.)

Affinity Photo 

Possibly screen render issue, what system are you using and its spec?

What are the settings under Preferences >Performance ?

Also does this go away if the Canvas is scrolled out of view and then brought back into view?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

What are the settings in Photo under Preferences >Performance ?

Also does this go away if the Canvas is scrolled out of view and then brought back into view?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

If you moved the object, to avoid any misunderstandings you should have either said so at the beginning or...

Well, the OP did say “it makes some edges when moved” (which is what prompted me to ask how much movement was required to get the flattened edge). ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@M.Gedo
Thanks for your files and videos, I have tested this on both Windows and Mac and I am yet unable to replicate this issue. I am certain this is a slight re-draw bug in the trial version you have, and this would not persist in the full version as other members have also reported!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)