elijohn23

How do I export to PSD and have editable text?

Hello there,

So I'm a website designer, and I would like to design in Affinity Designer more. I found a problem though that is preventing me from doing that full-time...When I export my files to PSD (for handing over to developers) and open them in Photoshop, the text layers appear as image/raster layers and aren't editable.

Please help. This is a very important issue for me to resolve. I cannot proceed with using Affinity Designer if our dev team can't edit the texts.

Other than this, I am really loving this software. Please help.

Thanks,

Eli

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi elijohn23,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently Affinity apps don't export text to PSD as editable text. This should be added later in a future version.

Aww. I am really sad to hear that. Thank you for responding. Any hint on when this new feature might be available?

I also want to ask when it will be possible to etid a text after exporting from Affinity Desinger to Photoshop? It's the same with me ... I'm a webdesigner and I really love to work with Affinity Designer (more than with Photoshop) but a non-editable text after export is an absolute no-go and I am very sorry that I have to switch over to Photoshop again.

I've heard something about Affinity Publisher coming out ... is it foreseeable when it's available?

PLEASE work on the feature of "editable text" in PS after export and PLEASE launch Affinity Publisher

Kindest regards, Peter

hi. is resolved this problem? im in point when i need export PSD file from my Affinity Designer and my friends needs edit text. have you any good idea how can i make it? thanks

1 hour ago, Yellow said:

hi. is resolved this problem? im in point when i need export PSD file from my Affinity Designer and my friends needs edit text. have you any good idea how can i make it? thanks

No. The only workaround is to export as pdf, open in Ai and export as PSD.
This works but splits text boxes into text lines.

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer