You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to hide the outlined brush tip? I guess some people might like it, but for me it is totally disturbing, especially with complex brushes. The outline hides faint brushstrokes and makes it very hard to judge if they are correct, especially with large brushes, low opacity and short strokes. I prefer just a dot, or nothing, as I see the tip of the Wacom pen anyway.

You can turn off Brush preview and the crosshairs but as far as I know the ghost shape cannot be turned off, it disappears when you start drawing but it would be nice to turn that off as well.

498419460_ScreenShot2018-05-30at07_45_53.png.c97e92f269df9fb463ae9a23c6ca3eb8.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I don't mind the ghost, which shows the real brush with color. I mean the 1bit brush outline that appears on top of the ghost preview. I spacially separated them for clarity.

1683799321_Affinitybrushpreview.png.6f473fa13c1a90a067e6cc236817e018.png

Edited by Rocketdrive

Thanks MEB. The outline probably seems good in theory but can be really disturbing for longer painting/illustration sessions. Looking forward to the point where this can be disabled. In the meantime I'll probably stick with the iPad version, which is generally more streamlined for painting (brush controls are easier to reach) and also does not have this issue :)