You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

—— Solved the issue, it was on Apple's part ——

Hi! I'm sorry, I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I'm at a loss.

I bought Affinity Designer on the Mac App Store back in December 2016 and have been using it since. However, I ran into an issue today, and I read somewhere that uninstalling then re-installing the app might help. So I went ahead and deleted the app from my computer.

Then I went to the Mac App Store to re-download it, but the option is not there. It only gives me the option to buy it, for the full price. Did I miss something? Can I get the app back, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind, turns out this was 100% an Apple problem. The Mac App Store had somehow disconnected me from my account. It's odd because it showed the right apple login when I clicked as if to re-buy the app.

In the end, I solved it by going to the "Purchases" tab; this finally prompted the store to ask to re-log-in, and I was able to re-download Affinity.

Sorry guys, I had an episode of panic there.