Jump to content
Agypsy

Paint brush not working on layer mask

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi iambia,
Can you post a screenshot of the interface with the Paint Brush Selected and the Layers visible so we can see what's going on?
Thanks.
 

I went ahead and reinstalled it, and it now works fine. That means there is something gltichy going on.  It was working fine before, then suddenly stopped working. But again, a reinstall fixed it for me. If it happens again, I am on board with going through troubleshooting steps so you all can figure out why it happened.


----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi iambia,
Can you post a screenshot of the interface with the Paint Brush Selected and the Layers visible so we can see what's going on?
Thanks.
 

I spoke too soon. It started happening again. It was working, then stopped working.  Maybe it is something I am doing wrong. I have attached a screenshot. 

F953A1B1-FC6F-4FD6-AD28-5B0589204763.png


----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi iambia,
In your screenshot the mask is not selected. You have an empty pixel layer selected instead. According to your previous posts you were trying to paint on a mask correct? Assuming you want to paint on the mask you already have created, tap the Background layer to expand it in the Layers studio, then tap the mask layer to select it. You should then be able to paint on the mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi iambia,
Thanks for the clip. Do you mind uploading the .afphoto file using this link so I can take a look please? Thanks.

 

 

Done.


----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi iambia,
Thanks for the clip. Do you mind uploading the .afphoto file using this link so I can take a look please? Thanks.

 

 

Finally figured it out!!

I have a stylus, but not Apple brand. So I'm thinking if I turn on "Touch for gestures only" it will work with my stylus. But it seems it doesn't. I turned off Touch for gestures only and everything works fine now! That was the problem all along. It was looking for Apple Pencil in order to work (won't allow touches on the screen without it). I guess I should upgrade my stylus, huh? Sigh.

 

 


----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, iambia said:

Finally figured it out!!

I have a stylus, but not Apple brand. So I'm thinking if I turn on "Touch for gestures only" it will work with my stylus. But it seems it doesn't. I turned off Touch for gestures only and everything works fine now! That was the problem all along. It was looking for Apple Pencil in order to work (won't allow touches on the screen without it). I guess I should upgrade my stylus, huh? Sigh.

Before you buy an Apple Pencil, make sure your iPad supports it. All the current Pro models do (but the just announced newest ones support a newer & slightly different Apple Pencil model), but the only non-pro model that supports the current Apple Pencil model is the 2018 one.


Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R C-R said:

Before you buy an Apple Pencil, make sure your iPad supports it. All the current Pro models do (but the just announced newest ones support a newer & slightly different Apple Pencil model), but the only non-pro model that supports the current Apple Pencil model is the 2018 one.

Thanks for the tip.


----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×