You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When opening CR2 RAW files from my Canon Rebel TSi, the the exposure is dramatically altered. The photos are much darker once pulled into Affinity. Photos that are overexposed look extremely underexposed once opened. Does Affinity do automatic editing when opening files? And if so, is there a way to opt out of that feature?

I have attached a screenshot as an example. The original is on the right and the file opened in Affinity Photo is on the left.

Any help would be appreciated!

post-7458-0-71942700-1424795347_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

With JPG files, I have had great results using this software.

After trying different types of photos and exposures, I am still having a hard time with the auto correction that happens when I bring in raw files. For example, the skies become a very bright cyan, and the photos are heavily sharpened with very high contrast. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the overall great software! 

The CR2 file is 24.5MB, over the max single file size.  I looked through my photos, and all of the CR2 files are over 20MB. I tried to upload a DNG file that was under 20MB, and received an error message saying "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file.

I can send you some CR2 files via dropbox, if that will help.

Thanks again!