You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

performance Windows :/ CUDA vs METAL

Very poor performance on Windows, The pen goes faster than the drawing.

I have i7 7820X, 32 GB RAM and Quadro M4000.

What's the use of having a good team if I have a bad performance?

Sure on MAC has better performance than Windows (Metal Vs CUDA)

What tablet are you using?

Have you tried slowing things down in the pen software? 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

6 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

Well that is just wrong!

I don't think Affinity actually uses CUDA... yet. It uses CPU not GPU for most of its work.

Affinity wouldn't really get much benefit out of CUDA, as explained by Ben on this post. (posted by Stokerg)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, firstdefence said:

‎No creo que afinidad utiliza CUDA... todavía. Utiliza CPU GPU no para la mayoría de su trabajo. ‎

‎Afinidad realmente no obtener mucho beneficio de CUDA, como explica Ben en este‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎post‎‎ ‎‎. (subido por Stokerg)‎ 

And then why if you use METAL?

Photoshop If you use CUDA in some real-time effects. And that's what I notice that affinity lacks.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, firstdefence said:

‎¿Qué tableta usas? ‎

‎ ¿Ha intentado ralentizar las cosas en el software de pluma? ‎

I have Tablet Wacom, and I also use the mouse.

2 hours ago, kanpro said:

And then why if you use METAL?

Photoshop If you use CUDA in some real-time effects. And that's what I notice that affinity lacks.

Lots of people probably have Metal set in their preferences but that doesn't necessarily mean they get better performance over that of the OpenGL users. It would be interesting to see what if any performance improvements users are getting using Metal instead of OpenGL if there is any improvements at all.

This Post might help explain the option for Metal on Apple devices, see James Ritson's post: